S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Instant Karma for road raging truck driver.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts
Default Instant Karma for road raging truck driver.

http://autos.aol.com/article/truck-driver-experiences-instant-karma-in-road-rage-video/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D459134"]

^To me this is too good not to share. A woman is videoing a truck tailgating her and then...

This is what I wrote on NSXPrime, where I saw this link:

"I think her laugh is hilarious. It makes me laugh every time I watch it.

Yeah, I HATE people who hog the fast lane and won't get out of the way, but when you look at the video you can see her pass two trucks on her right, just before the guy cuts her off. She was turning left so she needed to be in that lane for a little more. "I couldn't move over because there were trucks in the right lane, and I sure as heck wasn't going to speed on a rainy day with the roads being as slick as they were," she wrote on YouTube. "I was turning left in about a half-mile when this happened." He's the doofus, not her."
Old 04-02-2014, 10:20 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Makes you wonder how long she was driving in the left lane for that "upcoming" turn.

The video is 2 minutes long by itself....

Have you thought about how long she had the truck on her a*s before she started to video it??? Few more minutes????

And, why not pay attention to your driving instead of intentionally trying to piss fellow motorists off (did this by videoing it, and staying in the left lane)....

Yes, the guy in the truck should have just passed her on the right without flipping her the bird....

I call bullsh*t on her story.... just another one of those people who think the high speed lane is there for them to sit in!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Makes you wonder how long she was driving in the left lane for that "upcoming" turn.

The video is 2 minutes long by itself....

Have you thought about how long she had the truck on her a*s before she started to video it??? Few more minutes????

And, why not pay attention to your driving instead of intentionally trying to piss fellow motorists off (did this by videoing it, and staying in the left lane)....

Yes, the guy in the truck should have just passed her on the right without flipping her the bird....

I call bullsh*t on her story.... just another one of those people who think the high speed lane is there for them to sit in!
Yeah, I know what you mean, but on the other hand, she did pass two trucks. She was going faster than them. If you read the comments on Youtube, she says he was tailgating her for a minute before she started videoing.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

She had plenty of time to move over, let him pass then get back over. It's what, at about 1 minute that you see the trucks in the right lane.

That's something I don't get.. a 10 MPH difference in speed is about a car length in 1 second. So, he's tailgating you, move right, count to 3, maybe 5 - he's well ahead of you and you move back over. I find that to be one of the most frustrating things on the road - the lack of perception of speed some people have and how easy it is to not be in the way with so little effort.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:13 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I agree with the people who say move over. I'm not sure i would, but i agree with the concept.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Member (Premium)

Guys, you can't tell from the video if she was being a hog or not. I agree that she's a jerk if she was. I hate people who won't get out of your way. My ex husband was like that and I was embarrassed to ride with him. His attitude was that he was doing the speed limit and they could go around him. Every time he got on his cellphone, which was non-stop, his foot would lift and he'd go even slower.

In any case, the truck driver was an idiot and could have gone around her without being such a doofus. He crashed. He loses. He could have killed innocent people with that lame move!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

Patty- I agree there. The driver 'got what he deserved' for being a d*ck.... The driver of the car isn't so fault free however.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Member (Premium)

Gary, on thinking about what you wrote it does seem like she was in the lane a long time, and maybe she did have an opportunity to move over, before he started riding her bumper, but chose not to.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:16 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

While I'm not lamenting the guy's crash (a bit of poetic justice, ya know?), the woman videotaping was also dangerous and played a role in creating the problem. You can't safely drive while video-ing with a cell phone. And I wouldn't want to be distracted by anything while some lunatic was tailgating me. I would want both hands on the wheel and my concentration on the task at hand.

I run a dashcam in all of my vehicles (fixed and mounted). It's always on. That's the only safe way to record what people are doing as you drive down the road. And seriously, when I see someone driving like that guy in the truck, I do everything I can to get as far away from them as possible. Taking the time to video and then gloat isn't smart. The smart driver recognizes that frequently discretion is the better part of valor. If you don't invite trouble, then you are significantly less likely to find yourself in the middle of it.

We'll put on this videotaper gal's headstone, "But I had the right of way and I was doing the speed limit!"

</soapbox>
Old 04-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Sending to my two friends in Tampa/ St Petersburg ....so they can watch out for this guy, Jeffrey White.

What an idiot to flee the scene...did he think they could not trace him

Quick Reply: Instant Karma for road raging truck driver.