S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

If you could, what would you do over?

Old 10-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts
Default If you could, what would you do over?

All of us have made choices that didn't work out, and decisions that proved to be wrong.

If you got a second chance to make some of the decisions and choices that you made in the course of your life, what would you do over? Now that you have the benefit of years of experience and knowledge what would you change?
Old 10-16-2003, 01:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have often pondered this one myself and being a sci-fi buff, I've come to this observation:
If I am relatively happy with my life as it is right now, then I have to realize that absolutely EVERYTHING that has been done and that have gone by, has contributed to the way things are. If I were to change even one little thing in the past, I may not have the same circumstances which I enjoy now. Even if I hated my life, if I were to go back and do some things different, my life could be a whole lot worse. I shall not tempt fate in such a way.
I know this isn't what you had in mind, Rob, but I'm sitting on the fence on this one.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:12 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I would have studied hard in high school. Looking back, I just walked through high school and now I thirst for some of that knowledge that was there for the taking.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
I have often pondered this one myself and being a sci-fi buff, I've come to this observation:
If I am relatively happy with my life as it is right now, then I have to realize that absolutely EVERYTHING that has been done and that have gone by, has contributed to the way things are.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:24 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Legal Bill
I would have studied hard in high school.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

I would do nothing different, I have a great life and wonderful wife, and if I changed any of the truly boneheaded things that I did, my life might not be what it is.

Although that rich and famous rock and roll star thing that I aspired to might be cool.....
Old 10-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zippy
Old 10-16-2003, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. I would have spent more time with my wife and children. I remember being told to "enjoy them now." I didn't understand. Too young. I should have spent more time with my wife also instead of making work such a priority. It was hard getting ahead and keeping our head above water. I'm sure it was very hard for her. She passed away 5 years ago and never got to see the fruit of our labor. I should have told her and shown her (more often) how much I appreciate her and her contributions to our family.
2. I would have invested in every home I could get my hands on and keep. This is kind of in confict with the above. Sometimes it's impossible to have both.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only a couple of regrets:
-not getting a degree, although I plan to.
-not going to the Bahamas w/the British Airline employee!!!!
[guess I could still do that, but my wife may not like it!!]
Old 10-16-2003, 09:51 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm a happy fellow right now. I can't say with 100% certainty that I regret it - but I do wonder about how my life would have turned out had I decided to attend an Ivy Leauge school instead of a state university - I had the grades... but my girlfriend was already at the UW - so I just followed her there...

My mother - being Japanese to the core was not happy.

Quick Reply: If you could, what would you do over?