S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I flipped the S so sad

Old 04-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,160 Posts

Burt,

That you are ok is all that matters. We are all very happy about that.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:11 AM

Received 474 Likes on 337 Posts

I am glad you are alright. We celebrate Easter today and I am glad you are able to celebrate this Easter in a special way. By the grace of God, you survived a very serious accident. You might feel like you have a new lease on life. Take care!
Old 04-16-2006, 04:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're OK. That's what matters. The car can be replaced; you can't.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:20 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Wow, Burt...I am so sorry to hear this. Talk about scary...thank goodness you were not hurt. So there must have been witnesses. Did anyone see the person who pulled out, or did s/he stop? I hope so! Also very glad you are getting another one. Do you think it will be in time to still come to the Fling?? We certainly want to see you there and give you and Sheila a big hug.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so sorry to hear about your frightening accident. It seems every week on s2ki someone posts about a wreck with their S, and as you know recently someone was not as lucky as you. Praise God on this Easter Sunday that you were spared and can share the holiday weekend with your family and TRULY celebrate life!

On a side note if you blacked out you might consider getting radiographs or be examined by a chiropractor or spinal physician, you could have a hairline fracture somewhere that could cause problems down the road...
Old 04-16-2006, 05:59 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 824 Likes on 489 Posts

I'm thinking about the same thing. Remember that BluRooster discovered after the accident he had a far more serious injury than was first thought. I'm still reeling from the loss of Dreamcation, so this one hits soooo close to home. I'm on my way to church now and I'll be sure to say a special prayer of thanks, Z for both you and Sheila
Old 04-16-2006, 06:10 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,160 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine,Apr 16 2006, 08:59 AM
I'm thinking about the same thing. Remember that BluRooster discovered after the accident he had a far more serious injury than was first thought. I'm still reeling from the loss of Dreamcation, so this one hits soooo close to home. I'm on my way to church now and I'll be sure to say a special prayer of thanks, Z for both you and Sheila

I agree. We don't want to lose anyone else. Be very careful out there.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:07 AM

Gosh Burt I am so sorry to hear this. The soreness you'll get over and the car you can replace - but the most important thing is that you are ok. Hang in there and just be thankful that these cars are made as well as they are.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:26 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine,Apr 16 2006, 06:01 AM
....Things happen soooo fast when you're driving an S. Praise God that you're not seriously injured.
Burt, you need to keep your positive attitude in the weeks ahead...dealing with your own health, insurance stuff, rental cars, etc.

I may be one of the few who....unfortunately....had a similar experience. Some will remember that I hydroplaned and spun out on the Peeay Turnpike early in July 2005....travelling about 55 mph on a straight but rain-soaked section of the road. I slide into the concrete median....apparently flipped around 180* into the median again.....landed in level grass right next to an off-ramp. It only took a few seconds....airbags deployed.....but I had no injuries....not even a headache. All bodywork @ front of my car (only in my possession for a month ) was replaced.....over a period of +3 months.

With a different set of circumstances (other vehicles involved etc), I could easily have flipped over or been very seriously injured. One of the weirdest things is.....I had thought to myself earlier on this trip (Philly to Harrisburg) driving in the rain:
Gee, I wonder what it's like to be in a serious accident?
Old 04-16-2006, 07:30 AM

the fact that you are alright truly makes for a happy easter. the s did its job in protecting its driver during an accident.
i'm curious to know, did the driver of the car that pulled in front of you stop or drive off unaware of what had happened?

Quick Reply: I flipped the S so sad