S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I flipped the S so sad

Old 04-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Have to be a member of that site to access your thread, Tony. Burt/Anyone - How does the Indy Yellow color differ from Spa and Rio? Or is it another name for Rio? I love the Rio color. If I ever trade up, I might just get one. (Where's Marco? - )
Old 04-22-2006, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chazmo and Matt, thanks for the support. I agree with you on all counts. Don't get me wrong, there are many places I will only drive 5mph over the speed limit, I rarely drive over 15mph over, and I never go over the speed limit after drinking (unless it like 2-3 drinks in 5 hours). Like a motorcycle, one thing the S2k helps me do is slow down when ANYTHING doesn't feel right, because it is a dream to speed back up. Frankly in my Ford F150, I didn't like slowing down too far, because I knew it would cost me a lot of time and gas to get back up to speed. Just 3 miles outside of Green Bay I have to deal with deer, geese, possums, groundhogs, squirrels, swans and ducks crossing the roads.

The latest study from installed cameras in over 10,000 cars and trucks, concluded that 80% of accidents where caused by distracted/inattentive driving. I am glad it only took them 20 years to figure out what I knew in the 80s. I just installed my IPOD, I like to select a playlist with 100s/1000s of songs and let the random play select away.

When I go out driving in the country, I check out the cross traffic and make sure they are slowing down if they have to stop. My parent
Old 04-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,530 Likes on 1,911 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04,Apr 21 2006, 05:19 AM
Safety studies show that brighter colors are more visable but that doesn't stop the idiots from pulling out. Two years ago I was driving a bright red MG with a front end covered with bright shinning chrome. And I was driving directly into a really bright setting sun, so the whole front of my car was aglow. Even with all this brightness coming down the road, a young driver pulled directly out in front of me as soon as the truck I was following went by him.
I think too bright is a problem. Bright colors work, like hot pink or neon orange, but bright lights don't.

I once was making a left turn and almost turned in front of a motorcycle. I have a motorcycle driver's license and have ridden them for over 30 years, so I'm very aware of them and try to give them room. In this case, it was a normal day, and the motorcylce had his high beam on. In my mind, I shut out the source of bright light, as it was almost blinding. I was thinking about turning, but then I realized it was a motorcycle, and I didn't.

I think too bright is bad, not good. Kinda like when you're driving at night and someone has their high beams on. You tend to look to the side of the road to avoid the bright light.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Apr 22 2006, 05:19 AM
Have to be a member of that site to access your thread, Tony. Burt/Anyone - How does the Indy Yellow color differ from Spa and Rio? Or is it another name for Rio? I love the Rio color. If I ever trade up, I might just get one. (Where's Marco? - )
Sorry about that. Here's the gist:
"OK, as some of you may have heard by now, I became a member of the very exclusive Upside Down Club while on the drive through Cheahah. We had made a run through the park and stopped for gas. We were just 10 minutes into the run back through the park when immediately after coming out of a curve, I felt my back end wiggle. I corrected, and thought everything was fine when the back end slewed around and I went careening into, then up an embankment where the car flipped onto the driver's side for a moment and then did a slow fall upside down.

I remember hearing Richard, who was immediately behind me, on the radio saying "Stop, stop, stop. Tony just..." Then, before even pulling his car over, he was asking me if I was alright. My first words were "Yes, I think so." My next words were "CRAP!!! My wife's going to be PISSED!!!!" Then Richard was at the car asking me again if I was alright. Then I thought "How the hell am I going to get out of here through that small space?" ( as some of you may have noticed, I'm not exactly what you would call petite ) and said as much to Richard. So, to add insult to injury, he calmy opens the door and says "See if you can get out now." DOH, why didn't I think of that?

I undid the seat belt and climbed out of the car. After Richard checked me over, I got up and walked clear of the wreckage, thanking GOD that I wasn't really hurt or killed. I got a couple of scratches and a pulled muscle and no more.

Everyone else pulled over except for Dewain and Mick, who didn't hear the whole message. After completing the run and seeing no one else behind them, they turned around and came back.

Everyone was great in offering assistance and seeing that I was not hurt. Brian and Rae were in front of me and Brian saw the whole thing in his rear view mirror. He and Rae were next at my car after Richard. Joe and Dewain decided it might not be a good idea to have 9 or so sports cars on the scene when the police showed up, so Joe took the group, except for Richard, Dewain and Mick, on ahead. We called the police and reported the accident. Paramedics were first on the scene and checked me out and offered to send for an ambulance.

The State Trooper showed up and took the report and stayed and chatted with us after calling for a tow truck. He was actually pretty cool. I did not get a ticket because he wrote it up as being due to a blow out. He even pointed out a spot on my right rear rim where it had gouged into the pavement to show the insurance company if they gave me flack about the wreck.

The paramedics left to check out another accident (two motorcycles collided head-on) and then came back and hung out with us for a while (about an hour and a half) until the tow truck finally came and even helped the tow truck driver flip the car back over (seems they all knew each other).

We finally headed to Joe's house after the tow truck left, and I took out my frustrations on some poor, defenseless computer monitors with some double ought buck shot and 9mm rounds Great fun was had by all

Richard, Dewain, Mick, Brian and Rae, thank you all for taking such good care of me and seeing me through this. I feel truly blessed. I didn't die, I didn't get hurt ( a couple of scratches don't count) and I have caring friends. GOD bless you all.

Oh, BTW, my crossmember cover and my prototype intake heat shield survived. Man, S2KAccessories.com makes some great products

Honda makes great cars. Time to get an '05 Berlina. The Vader car is dead. Long live the Vader car

Oh, one more thing. When I called my wife and told her that I had totalled my car but I was OK, she asked me if the insurance company would let me get another S just like the one I had. What a woman! Guess I'll have to keep her.

- Tony"

Here's the link to the pics: http://www.s2katlanta.com/Gallery/th...s.php?album=67
Old 04-22-2006, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by matrix,Apr 19 2006, 06:02 PM
NO! Don't make the same mistake!!!!!!

The mistake was made by the fool that pulled out in front of me SOB
Old 04-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

^ Not sure you got Marco's little joke, Burt...he meant don't make the mistake of buying another yellow S. He's always trying to convert people to The Dark Side.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:24 PM

Burt - my comment was strikely regarding the colour of your next S2000 - not in regards to the accident.

Hope you see the humour in my post.

Deb - if your going to trade UP - you have to get a BERLINA...yellow is trading DOWN!

Old 04-22-2006, 06:50 PM

Received 517 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by zcarcrazy,Apr 22 2006, 06:42 PM
The mistake was made by the fool that pulled out in front of me SOB
Let me guess? The fool stated that "they did not see you?"
Old 04-22-2006, 06:52 PM

Received 517 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by matrix,Apr 22 2006, 10:24 PM
Deb - if your going to trade UP - you have to get a BERLINA...yellow is trading DOWN!
There is a used car dealer about 1/4 mile from my Mother's house on Long Island that has a 2003 Belina for sale if you want to move to the "Dark Side"
Old 04-22-2006, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the things I really like about the S2k is the fact that it has those roll hoops. I wonder what happens if you're taller than the hoops though.

It's nice to hear that this is a relatively safe car in rollovers. And enjoy the new car

Rob

Quick Reply: I flipped the S so sad