S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I flipped the S so sad

Old 04-15-2006, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I flipped the S so sad

Vintage folks, this is a sad moment. I lost the S tonight. On my way home doing about 60.....a car pulled out in front of me, I swerved to avoid it and the back end went out from under me. I tried to correct it and it went into a spin, hit the curb and flipped over. I blacked out for a minute as far as I can remember. When I opened my eyes I was upside down. Good thing I wore the seat belt. I am okay but don't know the extent of the damage yet. I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and they said that I was okay so I came home. This is a sad moment and I must give thanks to the man above that I,m alive. The top was down when this happened. I count my blessings and I am glad that I am in one peice. When these things happen it brings a new perpective to life. It was a frightening experience and once again I must iterate as many of you have done before. Don't take this car for granted, it will bite you in the ass if you do.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:11 PM

Wow, sorry to hear. Glad you are okay. Did the S hold up enough do you think? Will you get another. How safe do you think it was with the top down?

Glad you are okay, that's the most important thing. Second is how do you think the car held up? I'd hate to have been in your shoes, but hope the S was designed to help you survive as best as possible, as anyone could have been behind your wheel....

Hope your recovery goes VERY WELL!
Old 04-15-2006, 11:44 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by tidalwdave,Apr 16 2006, 01:11 AM
Wow, sorry to hear. Glad you are okay. :

I bet you'll be sore when you get up today. Keep us posted as to the condition of the car and if it is fixable.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry about the car, but you survived. Of course, that's all that counts. What a scary scenario! As much as we love these Hondas, they're just cars that can be replaced. Good luck with everything!
Old 04-16-2006, 02:07 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Glad you're OK, Burt! In all of these cases, that's the important thing. And, thank Honda for making such a tough little car. Sounds like it saved your life.

All my best to you! Say Hi to Sheila for me!

JonasM
Old 04-16-2006, 03:01 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 824 Likes on 489 Posts

Oh, Burt!!!!! I'm so sorry this terrible thing happened to you. Please let us know how you're feeling as soon as possible. I hope you're not in a lot of pain, but be sure everything is REALLY okay. Things happen soooo fast when you're driving an S. Praise God that you're not seriously injured.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:07 AM

Yes everyone and Jonas, I'm a little sore today but this is one hell of a car. And yes, if it can't be fixed I will get another. I went back to the scene of the accident and found some of my belongings. It appeared that the car after hitting the curb must have flipped a few times. I can't remember because I blacked out but from the point of impact to where it landed is about 25 feet. I remember one lady saying that she saw the car in the air. I am alive and thats the most important thing,praise God. I will go to the lot today where the car is kept and take pictures so that I can post for you all. Thanks for all the best wishes.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:08 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Burt, Sorry to hear this. Like the others have said the most important thing is that you are OK! The S can be replaced.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:25 AM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Burt,

Rick and I are sorry to hear about your accident. We are glad you are OK, and hope your aches heal quickly.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:42 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Well Burt, I join you in your prayers of thanks. We are very fortunate to have kept you with us. Happy Easter Burt and please pass our good wishes for you and your family (and condolences for the car) along to Sheila.

Bill

Quick Reply: I flipped the S so sad