S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

How about a controversial thread?

Old 01-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

I was going to start a controversy over which color is the fastest, but we've already established that Sebring Silver is the fastest, especially with the black interior.

I was going to start a controversy over which model year will become a classic, but there is no question that it's model year 2002.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:33 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper,Jan 13 2005, 10:26 PM
I was going to start a controversy over which model year will become a classic, but there is no question that it's model year 2002.
How can I argue with you when you're completely right

fltsfshr
Old 01-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by fltsfshr,Jan 13 2005, 09:33 PM
How can I argue with you when you're completely right

fltsfshr
Now you've got me worried. We've agreed twice in two days.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:36 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

2002 is definately right... but the color is all wrong... Black baby.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by uppitychick,Jan 13 2005, 09:36 PM
but the color is all wrong... Black baby.
Even Sebring with the red interior isn't bad. Suzuka is ok, just a little slower, and Sliverstone, well, it's still grey, but black, no, no, no. We've long established that Sebring with the black interior is the fastest color there is. It's a known fact. Just ask any Sebring owner.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper,Jan 13 2005, 10:42 PM
Even Sebring with the red interior isn't bad. Suzuka is ok, just a little slower, and Sliverstone, well, it's still grey, but black, no, no, no. We've long established that Sebring with the black interior is the fastest color there is. It's a known fact. Just ask any Sebring owner.
You're full of crap. A physicist friend of mine in London assures me that Sebring is far too antagonistic to the particle-wave behaviors of light to be the fastest color. Whereas, Silverstone maintains a perfect balance of particles/waves.
It's also well known that it took Honda four years to finally work out all the bugs and perfect the S2000 in 2004.

Dean
Old 01-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by dean,Jan 13 2005, 09:57 PM
You're full of crap. A physicist friend of mine in London assures me that Sebring is far too antagonistic to the particle-wave behaviors of light to be the fastest color. Whereas, Silverstone maintains a perfect balance of particles/waves.
It's also well known that it took Honda four years to finally work out all the bugs and perfect the S2000 in 2004.

Dean
Ah but Silverstone has more pigment than Sebring thus rendering a heavier car. Everyone knows that the heavier car is the slower car. No question about it. Not only that but the Silverstone, being darker, absorbs more of the light energy that hits it. Sebring, on the other hand, reflects the light and the force of this reflection give Sebring that extra push. Nice try though, and I admit that it's tough being the runner up, but thats just how it is for Silverstone.

Moreover, classic is a fine balance between refinement and raw innovation. The 2004 is far too refined and bug free to ever hope to become a classic. That very same factor that you cite as an advantage is infact a limiting quality. The model year 2000 was the original and far too raw to be considered. Model year 2002 is located exactly between the two extremes thus the only model year destined to become a classic.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:24 PM

I'd like to settle all these arguments and a few more with one simple post...

Spas are fastest.

Dogs are better.

The best S2k year is '03 ('02 gets honorable mention)

The Wall Street Journal is the best newspaper for domestic news, the Christian Science Monitor is the best for international.

Blue States are smarter than red states.

Plastic is better than paper.

Dick Cheney is a meanie.

Girls are better than boys. (thank goodness I'm a boy and get to appreciate them all the more. )

New York is the greatest city in the world.

Spa is the prettiest color.

The Godfather is still the best movie yet.

Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone in killing JFK.

Spa is the sexiest color.

Reality TV is not real. (and it sucks eggs!)

The National league is better than the American league.

George W. Bush is an idiot.

The 80's-90's Forty Niners were sport's greatest dynasty.

Johnny Carson will always be the king of late night TV.
Wille Mays was the greatest baseball player ever, until Barry Bonds.
We should never have invaded Iraq.

Cornell is the best school in the east; Berkeley in the west.

OJ's guilty.

Did I mention that dogs are better than cats?

And of course... the best color is... SPA YELLOW!!!

Glad I was able to clear all this up

Flame on!
Old 01-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Drew

Great post. Should be a lot of arguments in that one. Let the controversy rage on.

Unfortunately, you're incorrect about Spa, but since I agree with many of your other statements (especially about the blue states, New York City and W), I'll look away knowing that you really meant Sebring.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,Jan 13 2005, 11:10 PM
Ah but Silverstone has more pigment than Sebring thus rendering a heavier car. Everyone knows that the heavier car is the slower car. No question about it. Not only that but the Silverstone, being darker, absorbs more of the light energy that hits it. Sebring, on the other hand, reflects the light and the force of this reflection give Sebring that extra push. Nice try though, and I admit that it's tough being the runner up, but thats just how it is for Silverstone.

Moreover, classic is a fine balance between refinement and raw innovation. The 2004 is far too refined and bug free to ever hope to become a classic. That very same factor that you cite as an advantage is infact a limiting quality. The model year 2000 was the original and far too raw to be considered. Model year 2002 is located exactly between the two extremes thus the only model year destined to become a classic.
Silverstone does not have more pigment in it. It has different pigments whose molecules possess different absorption/reflection characteristics, the weight of which are negligible. The absorbance of light is irrelevant as photons have no mass. It is the light reflective properties of Sebring that slow it down, not speed it up, which is in keeping with Newton's Laws of Motion, and Laws I and III in particular. Although photons possess no mass, their particle - wave shift behavior can, and does, provide a measurable (as allowed by the Heisenberg Principle) amount of resistance.
The contemporary concept of classic is directly derived from Aristotle's (and Plato's) "ideal form" - the perfect model, or representation, that best represents an archetype either physical or conceptual. It has nothing to do with possessing bugs, quirks, averages, or any other non ideal characteristics. Honda toiled long and hard for four years and then they rested on the laurels of their Aristotelian success, as evidenced by the fact that the 2005 models are but mere copies of the original perfection.
Certainly, any sane, rational person should be able to evaluate and graciously accept the overwhelming evidence of the vast superiority of 2004 Silverstones, particularly mine.

Dean

Quick Reply: How about a controversial thread?