S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Hot Dogs

Old 07-09-2007, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot Dogs? I could eat them everyday! Hebrew National All Beef Dinner Franks are the best. Mustard, onion and pickle are the only way to go. Thank goodness I don't live in New York, I'd camp out in front of Nathan's with Rob!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:33 AM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

I see plenty of us are partial to the Hebrew National brand. Just confirms my take on them - damn good dog.

I love a good hot dog. I can never find the old fashioned skin on dogs that you used to get at the butcher shop. You know, the ones that were all strung together. I do buy the Boar's Head skin on dogs when I find them. Hit or miss at the grocery but usually I can find them at a butcher shop. They come in a vacuum package but are all connected together by the skins.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

If you think Hebrew National All Beef Hot Dogs are good, you should try Hebrew National All Beef Salami. Without question it's the best tasting heart disease you can ever eat.

Try it on rye bread with mustard and a kosher pickle.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,Jul 9 2007, 07:46 AM
Hot Dogs? I could eat them everyday! Hebrew National All Beef Dinner Franks are the best. Mustard, onion and pickle are the only way to go. Thank goodness I don't live in New York, I'd camp out in front of Nathan's with Rob!
For a hot dog at home you can't beat Hebrew National. As the old ad stated "Made with all beef because HE wouldn't want it any other way".

On my list of favorites I would add the Coney dog at Skyline in Cincinnati. Nothing like a cheese Coney followed up by a 5 way.

http://www.skylinechili.com/signature.php

My next favorite is the Chicago dog. For my $.02 Portillo makes the best.

http://www.portillos.com/portillos/look/
Old 07-09-2007, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Jul 8 2007, 08:53 PM
So do you all eat hot dogs? Who doesn't? How do you like them? Which brand do you prefer.
I live in Rochester NY we have the extremely rare White Hot Dog.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Hot

I love these white hots, they taste nothing like red hot as they are mostly pork. I like them cooked until the pop-open skin bursts open, I'll have them with a touch of mustard, onions and a small amount of ketchup. Summer is just not summer without white hots.

I can't imagine what it must be like for you guys to not have white hots!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:26 AM

White Hots as opposed to Coney Island White Fish......
Old 07-09-2007, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ No, good food, not a used condom...
Old 07-09-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,Jul 9 2007, 02:25 PM
If you think Hebrew National All Beef Hot Dogs are good, you should try Hebrew National All Beef Salami. Without question it's the best tasting heart disease you can ever eat.

Try it on rye bread with mustard and a kosher pickle.
Rob, to make it even worse (better) how about fried Hebrew National Salami! Let's not even start with the tongue, who knows where that will lead
Old 07-09-2007, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,Jul 9 2007, 02:22 PM
Rob, to make it even worse (better) how about fried Hebrew National Salami! Let's not even start with the tongue, who knows where that will lead
One of my favorite Saturday morning breakfasts.....fried salami and eggs. If your heart keeps beating after that you will have a good day!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,Jul 9 2007, 03:22 PM
The pinnacle of all deli sandwiches is Pastrami and Tongue on Rye with a schmeer of mustard, a kosher pickle and a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray soda. Just thinking about it brings back memories of Brooklyn and the Lower East Side.

Pastrami & tongue on rye is the reason you have taste buds.

Quick Reply: Hot Dogs