S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Holiday Plans?

Old 12-03-2010, 03:12 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts
Default Holiday Plans?

Well, since the Christmas decorations and music started about Halloween time - - guess it's not too early to talk holiday plans! Mine will be quiet for the most part, although we have some parties coming up this weekend and next. The +1 will be with his kids in NJ much of the time, so I will be doing my thing, whatever that is. What will YOU be doing?
Old 12-03-2010, 03:36 AM

Received 3,211 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Two early holiday gatherings. One this weekend with sisters from SC and ME, another on the 19th, with son and his family and my family.

After that we are on our own. A gathering with some friends on Christmas Eve. Not sure what we will do for Christmas Day.

No office parties, or other happenings yet.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're putting up the tree this weekend. We have nothing else planned until closer to Xmas - a couple of family gatherings and a couple of dinners.

No hookers and beer like last year, but such is married life.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,530 Likes on 1,911 Posts

On Dec. 23 I'll fly to Christa's and my son will get in to Sacramento 30 minutes after I do. Plan was to be with her Thursday and Friday and fly home on Christmas afternoon, so they can go be with their dad. But now that she has a real job, she'll be working on Thursday. Perhaps Kyle and I will go to the zoo and see her. Two years ago I took a photo of Christa standing behind a zookeeper's cut-out. Now she'll be the real thing. Yeay!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:32 AM

I'm flying to Ft Jackson, (Columbia) SC to visit my son and his family for the Christmas holidays. Brent is a Sr Drill Sergeant at Ft Jackson, and I'm anxious to see the place. I will be meeting my new 3 mo old grandson (Sully ) for the first time, and also look forward to spending time with my 8-1/2 yr old grandson, Mikey. Mikey is all about cars and video racing, and loves riding in my S2000 and attending Cars & Coffee when they visit us here in SoCal. However, he keeps telling me to "Slow down, Grandpa!"
Old 12-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras,Dec 3 2010, 09:32 AM
On Dec. 23 I'll fly to Christa's and my son will get in to Sacramento 30 minutes after I do. Plan was to be with her Thursday and Friday and fly home on Christmas afternoon, so they can go be with their dad. But now that she has a real job, she'll be working on Thursday. Perhaps Kyle and I will go to the zoo and see her. Two years ago I took a photo of Christa standing behind a zookeeper's cut-out. Now she'll be the real thing. Yeay!
Congratulations to Christa! You must be very proud of her!

Davis is the place to prepare for that career! While I was at Davis, a colleague of mine on the faculty was summoned to work with the San Diego Zoo to examine the diet of their Galapagos turtles. The egg shells were becoming too thin and did not survive for reproduction. They changed the diet and the turtles recovered well.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hopefully I will sit back and enjoy some fine

Bah Humbug to christmas
Old 12-03-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by S1997,Dec 3 2010, 04:04 PM
Davis is the place to prepare for that career! While I was at Davis, a colleague of mine on the faculty was summoned to work with the San Diego Zoo to examine the diet of their Galapagos turtles. The egg shells were becoming too thin and did not survive for reproduction. They changed the diet and the turtles recovered well.
I fervently hope your colleague, unlike you apparently, knew the difference between a turtle and a tortoise. I hate to think he tried to take those Galapagos "turtles" for a swim.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 824 Likes on 489 Posts

We've been invited to 3 parties. Jim's Tai Chi class is having a lunch party next week, my ladies' group is having a Christmas party at Hopsewee Plantation and we have a neighborhood party on the 19th. That's all the partying I plan to do. Angela is coming down to visit and attend Nights of a Thousand Candles on the 18th. OhioRacer and his precious little Abby are coming as well as our friend, Rhonda. Our daughter is coming down for Christmas, so I'm hoping she'll be here in time to join us. This weekend we're having some guests for a Christmas dinner. This is the busiest we've been for the Holidays in years.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by dean,Dec 3 2010, 03:43 PM
I fervently hope your colleague, unlike you apparently, knew the difference between a turtle and a tortoise. I hate to think he tried to take those Galapagos "turtles" for a swim.
Yes, I knew they were tortoises. I sometimes take liberties on here, ubikplick. I suspected you would retort, after I had posted. Actually they went to the Galapagos to study the native diet. It was a long time ago, so I was just remembering being at a campus with lots of animal studies going on -- the place where Christa studied.

Quick Reply: Holiday Plans?