S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

hello again

Old 01-20-2013, 04:57 AM

Received 3,208 Likes on 1,858 Posts

Originally Posted by silvershadow
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1358508809' post='22275181
I fully understand how the physical therapy depletes you and keeps you sore! I used to come home and almost throw up after every session until the last couple/months.
I usually have both physical therapy and occupational therapy on the same day, but yesterday only had physical therapy. So I decided I was going to work really hard in physical therapy. I ended up throwing up in the gym. The PT made light of it - said he's had much worse happen in the gym, but it was certainly embarrassing for me.
John, some younger folks are taking intense classes at the gym. They push themselves to the point of feeling like they will throw up, and I'm sure some do. I think it's a badge of courage or something. Don't feel embarrassed by it. You've earned the badge of courage coveted by the gym rats.

Keep up the good work, but at YOUR pace.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silvershadow
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1358508809' post='22275181
I fully understand how the physical therapy depletes you and keeps you sore! I used to come home and almost throw up after every session until the last couple/months.
I usually have both physical therapy and occupational therapy on the same day, but yesterday only had physical therapy. So I decided I was going to work really hard in physical therapy. I ended up throwing up in the gym. The PT made light of it - said he's had much worse happen in the gym, but it was certainly embarrassing for me.
One of the things I didn't mention was that there was an physical therapy observer. He went to one of the other physical therapists and complained that I had thrown up on his shoes. She told him to man up, being thrown up on is about the least of what can happen in physical therapy.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,967 Likes on 1,754 Posts

^ That observer is in the wrong profession.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:11 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
^ That observer is in the wrong profession.
I agree. I had several students who were on work-study when I was in PT who were absolutely WONDERFUL, gentle and so careful to be sure I didn't fall off a piece of equipment . The staff at the place I went (Professional Rehab in Pawley's Island) were just wonderful. The rehab itself was very difficult but I'd been down for months and was in awful pain. It got better as I progressed but I dreaded, dreaded, dreaded it. I often slept for hours when I got back from sheer exhaustion and in the beginning went to sleep in the car on the way home. It will be cause for celebration when you graduate from PT, John. I got a neato tee shirt for graduation from the staff at Prof Rehab.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Latest update - I have been released from physical therapy as of last Friday. I started back to work full-time on Monday morning and went up to Page AZ on Monday afternoon for the week. I didn't drive as I don't think I can drive for 6 hours yet.

I am moving very slowly, and still don't have much stamina, but am looking for a gym to join to rebuild myself.

I am about 60-70% of my former capabilities, but believe that I will be back to 100% by the end of the summer.

Surprisingly, a number of my customers know that I have been on extended medical leave and always ask how I am doing when I see them.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Way to go, John! What a long, hard road you've been on. I'm really glad you're back to 60-70%.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,967 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Good news!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:28 PM

Received 3,208 Likes on 1,858 Posts

Glad to hear the improvement continues, John.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:28 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I wish both of you a good recovery. I've been fortunate for the past 5 years. Lack of work sponsored insurance or no work for most of the time, my prescription meds cost a fortune, but my physical health has been manageable. Not one of those infections or conditions is anything I would wish on any one. I hope that you who have been ill have good insurance.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Great progress, John!

Talked to my friend in Wickenburg last weekend and she wants us to come and stay in their casita...so we might be getting there and Scottsdale next winter. Hoping to get together again to inspect the bionic man

Quick Reply: hello again