S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

hello again

Old 02-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by silvershadow
Latest update - I have been released from physical therapy as of last Friday. I started back to work full-time on Monday morning and went up to Page AZ on Monday afternoon for the week. I didn't drive as I don't think I can drive for 6 hours yet.

I am moving very slowly, and still don't have much stamina, but am looking for a gym to join to rebuild myself.

I am about 60-70% of my former capabilities, but believe that I will be back to 100% by the end of the summer.

Surprisingly, a number of my customers know that I have been on extended medical leave and always ask how I am doing when I see them.
Kathy and I had dinner with John and Megan on Sunday evening in Scottsdale We stopped in at their lovely home first and got the further update on his progress! His gym workouts have been RIGOROUS, and he reported that he's up to 95% of his former capabilities

In terms of his appetite, I can witness that he's up to 100%....having polished off a 12 oz Prime Rib before I was half way through my BBQ ribs

Even though he had to sell the S, I told him that's no excuse to stop in here @ as often as he likes!

PS: Special props to Megan who has been an amazing care-giver throughout John's 18 month turmoil. Not sure if anyone else has met her, but she is a special lady
Old 02-26-2014, 01:18 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Thanks, Jerry, for the update. Great news.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:28 AM

Received 5,790 Likes on 3,410 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Thanks, Jerry, for the update. Great news.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:57 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,754 Posts

I'm glad to hear he is doing so much better. What an ordeal. Need to catch up with him next time I'm out in the Phoenix area. It's been awhile. The +1 and I have not been there together and we should go and visit my bro and other family members.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ghost reappears. So here it is a year and a half after the bottom dropped out of my life. As Jerry said, I am pretty much recovered. I am still working out twice a week. When I think about how I was a year ago, and where I am now - I am truly amazed. I owe a lot to my trainer, both physically and emotionally. She had gone through a similar experience and had/was going through a lot of the same emotional turmoiil that I was going through. Owing a lot to my wife is an understatement - without her advocacy and stubbornness with the doctors, I would not be alive.

As far as the PTSD I experienced, I did make it through to the other side - I wasn't sure I was going to. June and July were the worst. I kept asking my therapist if I was crazy and she assured me I wssn't, but I have to say that I never want to go through PTSD again

I have spent the past year + focused on getting my life back to somewhat normalcy - often to the exclusion of everything else. I do still have some symptoms remaining. My side over my liver is extremely sensitive (and my dog loves to put her claws there), my hands shake quite a bit, and my balance is still off. I've been told that since it has been about 18 months, I'm pretty much stuck with the way things are now. I find that when I get tired or hungry, I get very wobbly.

In addition, my kidneys are not functioning perfectly. I did see a nephrologist recently and he said that after what I went through - and after what my kidneys went through - he expects that they would not function at 100%. He is continuing to investigate, but said not to worry. Basically, he said I was lucky my kidneys work at all.

On a lighter note, the weather here in Phoenix has been awesome this spring - my apologies to those living in the North and Northeast - I understand that you have had a hell of a winter. Anyway, with the nice weather, and with feeling better, I find that I really miss the S. I have been toying with trying to find a CR, but haven't really gotten serious about it yet. I still think it was best to let go of the S rather than let it sit for a year.

Anyway, I want to thank those in this forum - you guys are the best. The encouraging words meant a lot to me at a time when I needed encouragement and support to just continue to live and breathe.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Thanks for the report, John. So glad you are doing relatively well and try to live each day to the fullest. We will definitely get together when we make it out to Phoenix to see Gary and family. The +1 had a coworker (young woman in her 30s) die over the weekend. He had just gotten a work-related email from her on Fri. Turns out she had been waiting for a heart transplant but did not make it. She never revealed anything about her condition. It does make you reflect on your own life and take the blessings from wherever they come.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:49 PM

Received 3,208 Likes on 1,858 Posts

John so glad you have progressed as you have. Sorry you have some lingering symptoms but it sounds as if overall, life and health are greatly improved.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,527 Likes on 1,909 Posts

I'm happy to read your post, John. I'm so glad you're enjoying your life, once again.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,668 Posts

Hey John, It's been more than a year since your last update.
How are you doing?