S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Have you ever done this?

Old 09-19-2005, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever done this?

You're chillin' at an intersection waiting for green when, say, a 220 H.P. 4000 pound pick up rolls up next to you while its driver proceeds to shoot you a rev' or two. The green lights up and it soon becomes apparent that the dork next to you is seeking a title shot. He or she stomps on it as you blow gently through the intersection. Suddenly, whilst still in 1st or perhaps 2nd gear you nudge the nose of your S a foot or two ahead of the pick up and stay in such a position whilst the dork becomes red-faced from all that pushing on his or her floorboard. Now for the really fun part. You begin to lurch your S up and down up and down etc., by way of running your engine up to, say, 5k and then down to, say, 2k (while still in either 1st or 2nd.
But do you know what truly serves to twist their panties into firm little balls?
When you lift the both of your hands into the air in a questioning manner (while steering with a knee), shrug your shoulders and then yell something to the effect of "Uh! Just what is it that we are doing here?" A few have allowed themselves to be driven to violence. LOL!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 05:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really haven't. I'm just about to go out now, so I'll certainly give it a try if the opportunity presents itself.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:48 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

This post gets my vote for "misplaced thread of the week." Please vote now.

1. Yes, this thread should be moved to Street Encounters.

2. No, I like it here in Vintage. This is the kind of subject we should be talking about.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:28 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

[QUOTE=Legal Bill,Sep 20 2005, 09:48 AM] This post gets my vote for "misplaced thread of the week."
Old 09-20-2005, 06:42 AM

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Sep 20 2005, 09:48 AM

2. No, I like it here in Vintage. This is the kind of subject we should be talking about.
Hmmmmm.......

Perhaps this might be 'closet' vintage?
Old 09-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,523 Likes on 1,906 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=321450

^In this thread, BITSA claims that of "age, knowledge and life", he only has age and life. He wonders if he can still post in Vintage without the third requirement, knowledge. (At least I think he got those three ideas from the Vintage Owners sign-up thread). I think we should be nice to him and tell him what we big kids do or don't do.

So let me begin. Guy, I think most of the Vintage people try not to have road encounters, and certainly don't instigate them. That's one of those things we outgrew. Although I must confess, I did have a drag race with a truck at the northbound on-ramp to the 14 freeway near the Palmdale mall, in the last month. It was an accident though, I tell ya. I just gassed it when the light turned green and so did he. BTW, I won! It did make me too. And it was just like you said. He was getting all redfaced.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Sep 20 2005, 05:48 AM

Surely you have lumped just such criticism upon the likes of "Technology versus the Arts," "Redskins over Dallas..." "I'm getting refugees," "I'm buying weapons," "who do you blame for poverty..." "R's who had it with the little moron," WAL-MART APPLICATION, etc., etc., to utterly and completely off-topic etc., eh, Bill?
Old 09-20-2005, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by BITSA,Sep 19 2005, 07:26 PM
You're chillin' at an intersection waiting for green when, say, a 220 H.P. 4000 pound pick up rolls up next to you while its driver proceeds to shoot you a rev' or two. The green lights up and it soon becomes apparent that the dork next to you is seeking a title shot. He or she stomps on it as you blow gently through the intersection. Suddenly, whilst still in 1st or perhaps 2nd gear you nudge the nose of your S a foot or two ahead of the pick up and stay in such a position whilst the dork becomes red-faced from all that pushing on his or her floorboard. Now for the really fun part. You begin to lurch your S up and down up and down etc., by way of running your engine up to, say, 5k and then down to, say, 2k (while still in either 1st or 2nd.
But do you know what truly serves to twist their panties into firm little balls?
When you lift the both of your hands into the air in a questioning manner (while steering with a knee), shrug your shoulders and then yell something to the effect of "Uh! Just what is it that we are doing here?" A few have allowed themselves to be driven to violence. LOL!!!
I am so ashamed , I am 62 YO and I do this on a regular basis.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:34 PM

Here in rural PA, we always put the top up just before we do that. Keeps the tobacco juice on the outside.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:57 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BITSA,Sep 20 2005, 08:32 PM
Surely you have lumped just such criticism upon the likes of "Technology versus the Arts," "Redskins over Dallas..." "I'm getting refugees," "I'm buying weapons," "who do you blame for poverty..." "R's who had it with the little moron," WAL-MART APPLICATION, etc., etc., to utterly and completely off-topic etc., eh, Bill?
No criticism at all. I think my poll is quite fair and non-judgmental. We don't talk about this kind of thing here. Maybe we should.

Quick Reply: Have you ever done this?