S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Have you ever been tempted to smack the $#%^

Old 08-21-2005, 04:42 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K,Aug 21 2005, 07:53 PM
Unfortunately, there is no required 'training class' for new parents.

Perhaps a license should be required for permission to bring a child into the world. Parents looking to adopt a child have to demonstrate to a judge at least a minimum understanding of the responsibity to follow over the next 15-20years...
Jerry,

I could not state that with you more! Not everyone is cut out to be a parent. If more people realized this, the world would be a better place for the rest of us.

It always saddens me to learn via the (news/entertainment/bad news) "media" that another sensless death has occurred when some "aimless youth", that grew up with no apparent parental guidance, guns down some cititzen that is not only a productive member of society but in some cases a "model citizen" and role models for others.

I find it especially irritating when I think it all the way through. A family that loses their bed winner or their stay at home parent that is contributing to society is now faced with a financial burden than in many cases leads to them needed public assistance. Costing us tax payers money, because a way ward low life killed them over (in some cases, pocket change) or for no reason. Then they get life in prison and we (the taxpayers) get to support them the rest of there lives. Society looses twice and in many cases the perpetrators win! They now have three meals a day, a roof over their head, cable TV, HVAC, etc. OH, and free medical care.

I have to ask: What are you going to do when you retire for medical care? Hmmm, I may have to rethink my retirement plan.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:51 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Lig, I would have said to the kid, in a very loud voice, "Did your parents teach you to make fun of Asian people like that young man?" I say something similar every time I am out to eat and a kid starts acting up and the parents ignore it. If the parents are trying to control the kids, then I just keep my mouth shut and chalk it up to kids being kids. But the parents who just sit by and let their kids terrorize the place really burn me up. My bottom line, it is the parents who need the smack.