S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Old 05-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts
Default Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend. Enjoy. Drive safely.

Have fun.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,969 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Thanks, Rob! You, too...Fortunately, I am not traveling this weekend. I went out last night to get something for a BBQ on Mon and had to turn around and come home, the traffic was so bad. Have a happy and safe holiday, y'all!!
Old 05-30-2004, 05:38 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

What ever one does this Memorial Day weekend. Please do not forget why you have Monday off as a holiday and don't forget to make the time to think of those that have given it all so that you enjoy the freedom that you have. At 3:00 P.M. (Local time where ever you are) STOP what ever you are doing to observe a minute of silence to remember those that made the "ultimate sacrifice". If you are driving, turn your head lights on.

For more information go to:
http://www.remember.gov/
Old 05-30-2004, 05:51 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by matt_inva
What ever one does this Memorial Day weekend.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started my Memorial Day weekend off with a Memorial Day Ceremony on Friday at lunch time. Tom Brokaw was there as the keynote speaker and it was a perfect way to remember why we celebrate Memorial Day.

I might add, that I am very proud of the way the our country treats our service men and women, today. I remember how I was treated after I came back from Okinawa in 1966. I was treated like dirt and I didn't want to tell anyone that I had proudly served to protect our troops stationed on Okinawa. I am glad that this country came to it's senses in this regard.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:03 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,969 Likes on 1,756 Posts

^ I am, too. I watched the WWII Memorial celebration on TV with my dad, who is a vet of that war and Korea. (It was his 88th birthday that day.) Tom Brokaw was one of the speakers. It was too crowded to venture downtown. I thought it was very well done. Of course, the Vietnam Memorial remains my favorite. Always a very moving experience to visit. Sincere appreciation to all our vets!!!
Old 05-31-2004, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MsPerky
^ I am, too. I watched the WWII Memorial celebration on TV with my dad, who is a vet of that war and Korea. (It was his 88th birthday that day.) Tom Brokaw was one of the speakers. It was too crowded to venture downtown. I thought it was very well done. Of course, the Vietnam Memorial remains my favorite. Always a very moving experience to visit. Sincere appreciation to all our vets!!!
Tom Brokaw left here in a hurry to get to his other speaking engagement in Washington, DC. He said that he hated to leave in a hurry, but he had to get to his other speaking engagement.

Here are a couple of pictures that I took at our ceremony. The flag was about three stories tall and was draped between two ladder trucks. The flowers were laid on the steps of the Soldier's and Sailor's Monument in memory of the ones that gave their lives to preserve our freedom.

Old 05-31-2004, 02:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I wish I could have great Memorial Day but I have to work + I'm sick
Old 05-31-2004, 08:01 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally posted by boiler
I started my Memorial Day weekend off with a Memorial Day Ceremony on Friday at lunch time. Tom Brokaw was there as the keynote speaker and it was a perfect way to remember why we celebrate Memorial Day.

I might add, that I am very proud of the way the our country treats our service men and women, today. I remember how I was treated after I came back from Okinawa in 1966. I was treated like dirt and I didn't want to tell anyone that I had proudly served to protect out troops stationed on Okinawa. I am glad that this country came to it's senses in this regard.
I am also happy that today's troops get treated with the respect that they deserve as well.

I am a Viet Nam era veteran that had the experience of being spit on and called a "baby killer" in the Port of Authority Terminal in NYC on my way home to visit my family in the summer of 1970 simply because I was in uniform.