S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Happy 4th of July

Old 07-03-2007, 05:38 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Be safe everybody.............enjoy..................
Old 07-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jul 3 2007, 02:02 PM
This and Thanksgiving are two of my favorite holidays. Why? Well they really are part of my countries tradition, and for the most part they have not been whored over and remain holidays free of gifts.

Enjoy all, and be safe!
Sadly enough, all of the big box stores are now open on the 4th of July. I used to think that this was the one federal holiday that really stood for something, but I guess its just business as usual.

Happy 4th of July.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto, Rob. I will enjoy the day with family. Be safe and enjoy.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:43 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jul 3 2007, 03:02 PM
This and Thanksgiving are two of my favorite holidays. Why? Well they really are part of my countries tradition, and for the most part they have not been whored over and remain holidays free of gifts.

Enjoy all, and be safe!
Doug

These are uniquely American Holidays. But, unlike Memorial Day or Labor Day the 4th and Thanksgiving are celebrations and time for friends and family.

I hope that everyone has a safe and fun filled holiday. Take a moment to reflect on the true meaning of the holiday and remember that "Freedom is not free!" Perhaps this is a time to reflect back on colonial times in what would become the United States of America and the expression: "Don't tread on me".

Two hundred and thirty one years later there are people that want to oppress us and our way of life. They want us to conform to their values not our own American values. They want us to conform to their own narrow minded view of what is acceptable thinking. They want us to give up our right to "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness".

I respond with I may wholly disagree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it. If you want me go give up my right to express my views you are welcome to go back to where your came from because that is NOT acceptable here in this United States of America. "Don't tread on me".
Old 07-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Why does this always turn political?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:15 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

We just came back from the first classical concert of the season at Blossom Music Center, an outdoor amphitheater about 45 minutes south of Cleveland. We sat on the lawn, had some good food that we brought & good wine to go with it, enjoyed some great Souza marches and other American greats, then Anika really enjoyed the fireworks - probably her first year to really appreciate them. (We loved them, too!)

JonasM
Old 07-03-2007, 09:37 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!

[SIZE=7][B]
Old 07-03-2007, 11:45 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Happy Independence Day everyone.
Levi
Old 07-04-2007, 03:05 AM

Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

- Abraham Lincoln

Happy 4th all.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:58 AM

Received 468 Likes on 334 Posts

Washington's Prayer for the Nation

Almighty God, we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in thy holy protection, that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government, and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large.

And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy nation.

Grant our supplications, we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

(Written at Newburg, June 8, 1783, and sent to the Governors of all the States.)

Our fathers' God to Thee, Author of liberty, To Thee we sing: Long may our land be bright, With freedom's holy light; Protect us by Thy might, Great God, our King.

Happy Birthday, America!

Quick Reply: Happy 4th of July