S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Grannyrod needs our support!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:57 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Sep 6 2007, 02:39 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute. I went to Catholic school, remember? I wore plaid pleated skirts for 13 years. I'm an just like you, Granny.
I went to Catholic school too. For all the good it did me.....

JonasM

(Looks like a couple ladies need phone calls...... )
Old 09-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras,Sep 6 2007, 02:56 PM
Um, Lainey, dear. Didn't you quit that angel avatar you used to have for a reason?
I don't think so. It was just time to go back to the original.

Originally Posted by JonasM
Looks like a couple ladies need phone calls......
I'm good for today, Jonas. Maybe tomorrow?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only a "grannyrod thread" can go from sympathy and well wishing to X-rated in a matter of minutes.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:16 AM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Sep 6 2007, 03:15 PM

Only a "grannyrod thread" can go from sympathy and well wishing to X-rated in a matter of minutes.

Well, that's why some of us hang around here. people take their thrills wherever they can get them.

So glad to have you back here "cutting up" with us again!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

[QUOTE=grannyrod,Sep 6 2007, 03:15 PM]
Old 09-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

happy to see,that Granny,is back,in tip top shape...
Old 09-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Sep 6 2007, 06:40 AM
Welll hello, Mr. TB, I was so touched to see you posting in my thread right off the bat. Talk about feeling special when folks you've never met wish you well. Hope to remedy that once I start traveling again.

So, you know about this back thing then, eh? I knew the spine was important but this really brought that point home. I'll never take it for granted again. Are you telling me it really does get better with time? Does it ever get back to normal, normal? And don't you worry, I'm taking it real easy and will go back down if I have to. So very nice to hear from you again. I miss your posting over here with us but remember that picture of you looking quite happy sometime back. Come back now, ya hear? Thanks again!
Yes it does actually get better, and can actually get back to normal, or pretty close to it. Of course that will depend on the extent of your injuries and your overall health. Most of my days are good days, although I have, upon occasion, had a bad one or two. But I don't mind having a bad day every now and again, considering I died 3 times on the operating table and had to learn how to bend my knees and walk all over again. Then, once I could see out of my right eye again and got out of the wheel chair, you couldn't keep me down

I'll try to poke my head in here more often and be less of a stranger in these parts. I may actually be making a trip to the D.C. area in the not too distant future. My niece lives in MD and I have several friends in the area. I'll be sure to post up and let folks know when I'm coming up.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by tonybell_57,Sep 8 2007, 08:38 PM
Yes it does actually get better, and can actually get back to normal, or pretty close to it. Of course that will depend on the extent of your injuries and your overall health. Most of my days are good days, although I have, upon occasion, had a bad one or two. But I don't mind having a bad day every now and again, considering I died 3 times on the operating table and had to learn how to bend my knees and walk all over again. Then, once I could see out of my right eye again and got out of the wheel chair, you couldn't keep me down

I'll try to poke my head in here more often and be less of a stranger in these parts. I may actually be making a trip to the D.C. area in the not too distant future. My niece lives in MD and I have several friends in the area. I'll be sure to post up and let folks know when I'm coming up.
Wow, when you say you've been there and back, you really mean it. Talk about just being happy to be mobile and reasonably healthy! Certainly puts things in perspective for me when you die 3 times in the OR. Everyday REALLY becomes a gift after something like that.

Please let us know when you're coming out way and we'll see what we can do. What part of MD?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 5,797 Likes on 3,416 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene,Sep 7 2007, 09:21 PM
Since I didn't cause this thread to change to "X" rated, I think the following news item is appropriate:
Old 09-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Granny I'm sorry I've been out of the loop for so long I didn't realize you were down and out. Sorry to hear that but glad to hear you are doing better.

Quick Reply: Grannyrod needs our support!