S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Gaming Consoles

Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Matt, Patty and anyone else who is interested in moving music from your iPod back to your iTunes library on your PC. I found this third party software which seems to do it all, and it's free to try: http://www.copytrans.net/ I will download it and see how it works and report back.

Also, some Google searching turned up this geeky site that lists several options for transferring music, including a listing of several third party vendors: http://www.ilounge.c...od-to-computer/ Lots of information there, but I skipped to the third party section after a few minutes on the first two pages.

Edit: Just downloaded and installed the above app. It works great! (Although the trial version is limited to 100 songs.) I'm sure the other programs listed on the above site work just as well, but I can confirm that this one works as advertised. It costs $19.95 to purchase the full version.

Second Edit: I kept digging, and found this article that appears to explain how to do the same thing, and costs nothing! Of course, YMMV.

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1327700426' post='21359296
Patty...have you tried this yet?
Nope. It's a back burner project. I don't really need to update my iPod right now.
I tried it. I got my iPod music copied onto my desktop, off my iPod, alright. Those bastards have hidden files and these directions let you get to them, with all your music that is hidden. Trouble is, I can't get it into my iTunes library. It says I can just insert the new folder into library--Music but it's not working for me. I'll try again later.

Time to get going so I can go ride the ElliptiGO. Thanks for the Gene.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:54 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Sorry Matt but your not going to like the answer and it's not a PS3 documentation issue.
The High Definition Media Interface i.e. HDMI has a serial port to query the devices that it's connected to.
After it gets a response back that it is not a recorder but a display it will send the programming over hte link.
Component video does not have this capability and the Blu-ray player will not work in HD.

Truly annoying but that is part of the copy protection schemes put in place under Blu-ray licensing.
After several maddening attempts to call MadCatz.com technical support over the last two days and being on hole for 52 minutes before the first call dropped and over 40 minutes when the second call dropped I tried again early today and could not get through. So I called Sony PS3 Support and she told me that this was NOT possible, so I returned the cable to Game Stop for a refund.

I then found a PS3 blog that states that one can go from the PS3 HDMI port to a conversion cable to DVI (for HD Video only). I found such a cable on www.monoprice.com
and did a live chat with their TS and he claimed that it will work for 1080i and that if I use the OEM Sony cable for the audio feed (only) that will work.

The easy solution would be to upgrade our Samsung DLP TV but being unemployed and not old enough for retirement benefits yet that is NOT in our budget.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Hi Matt. So, you figured out how to get out of the garage. Barbara told us in the Hawaii thread. Having fun?

Did you ever figure out iTunes? I'm in the same situation. I bought Windows7 to get rid of Vista on my PC. Lost my iTunes library. I read that I could load my iPod music back onto my PC iTunes library, gave it a try, and failed. I've already reloaded that F-ing library 3 times and don't want to go get all my CDs out again. Did you figure it out?
Yes, I have modified a TV table with a 24" 2X4 screwed to the bottom of one side to provide stability from the G Force wheel that was causing the table to actually move before.

Tonight, I drove the Canadian GP as Mark Webber and started in fifth on the grid and managed to finish in fifth place as well without crashing and I have brought my lap times down to within six seconds of Rubens Barrichello's lap record set back in 2004. So I am making progress with learning how the F1 2011 simulation works at the Montreal Circuit. Once I get this dialed in, I will start moving up in the progression of car set up and switching off the automatic transmission and make the change to the paddle shifters, etc.

It is a good reminder of just how busy an modern day F1 driver is in the cockpit with all of the buttons on those $20 K + steering wheels. There is a lot going on, in addition to driving around the circuit at maximum velocity.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:35 PM

I posted in the "Official PS3 Tread" on this site. I am still having problems with interfacing my PS3 to Component 3 to obtain 1080i resolution. It seems that I am caught in a loop about this issue.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have finally taken a picture of my Logitech G27 setup. It really is nothing special.

[attachment=15803:IMG_20120203_205557 (2).jpg]
Attached Thumbnails Gaming Consoles-img_20120203_205557-2-.jpg  
Old 02-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by silvershadow
I have finally taken a picture of my Logitech G27 setup. It really is nothing special.

Thank you.

I have gotten by with modifying a TV table by mounting a 24" 2 X 4 on the the far side of the table to provide some elevation as well as stability to the TV table, as the G Force wheel was causing the TV table to rotate beneath it. Some foam "shelf liner" underneath the pedals have provided some stability there to help prevent them from moving around.

I have gotten "brave" enough to enable the paddle shifters in the F1 2011 simulation (which I have to say is pretty realistic and cool) and after running lots of practice laps to learn the Montreal track I ran a race as Webber where I started in fifth and managed to finish in fifth and earn 10 points.

I have to state that I am impressed with how realistic the F1 2011 "game" is. While doing practice at Monaco, the exhaust note echoes through the tunnel and after crashing on the part of the circuit by the swimming pool I was in first gear and could actually hear the sea gulls chirping.

I have much more practice to go before I am ready for a "full race weekend".
Old 02-05-2012, 08:35 PM

Received 5,794 Likes on 3,413 Posts

Originally Posted by silvershadow

Looks like great fun; I thought about doing a setup like that a few years back but never did.