S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Gaming Consoles

Old 01-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Matt, Patty and anyone else who is interested in moving music from your iPod back to your iTunes library on your PC. I found this third party software which seems to do it all, and it's free to try: http://www.copytrans.net/ I will download it and see how it works and report back.

Also, some Google searching turned up this geeky site that lists several options for transferring music, including a listing of several third party vendors: http://www.ilounge.c...od-to-computer/ Lots of information there, but I skipped to the third party section after a few minutes on the first two pages.

Edit: Just downloaded and installed the above app. It works great! (Although the trial version is limited to 100 songs.) I'm sure the other programs listed on the above site work just as well, but I can confirm that this one works as advertised. It costs $19.95 to purchase the full version.

Second Edit: I kept digging, and found this article that appears to explain how to do the same thing, and costs nothing! Of course, YMMV.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

^Wow, Gene, Thank YOU! I'll give it a try later on.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Kyras
^Wow, Gene, Thank YOU! I'll give it a try later on.
My pleasure! Glad I found this after giving you false hopes earlier!

Edit: See Second Edit above in my previous post.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Member (Premium)

Patty...have you tried this yet?
Old 01-28-2012, 05:02 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by silvershadow
Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1321791153' post='21171673
[quote name='silvershadow' timestamp='1321769828' post='21171458']
I got an electric piano support, put a board on top and that is what I attached the wheel to. It works great.
Picture?
I went to a music store and bought an electric piano stand (height adjustable). Ikea has a short (about 3 feet long) shelf that is about 1-1/2 inches thick. I drilled holes in the shelf and bolted it to the top of the piano stand. The wheel and shifter attach to the shelf (The G 27 has clamps that can be used to hold it to a table or board) The pedal set sits on the carpet (it has grips so that it does not move around). I sit in an office chair (no arms)

The force feedback wheels (like the Logitech G27) do have quite a bit of force, so you need something stable or it will spin it around. I originally used a TV tray, but it spun it around.

With this setup, I can put the whole thing away and then drag it out when I want to play. I just leave the wheel and shifter attached to the stand.

I'll take a picture later today.
[/quote]
Old 01-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Patty...have you tried this yet?
Nope. It's a back burner project. I don't really need to update my iPod right now.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Originally Posted by silvershadow' timestamp='1321880489' post='21173731
[quote name='dlq04' timestamp='1321791153' post='21171673']
[quote name='silvershadow' timestamp='1321769828' post='21171458']
I got an electric piano support, put a board on top and that is what I attached the wheel to. It works great.
Picture?
I went to a music store and bought an electric piano stand (height adjustable). Ikea has a short (about 3 feet long) shelf that is about 1-1/2 inches thick. I drilled holes in the shelf and bolted it to the top of the piano stand. The wheel and shifter attach to the shelf (The G 27 has clamps that can be used to hold it to a table or board) The pedal set sits on the carpet (it has grips so that it does not move around). I sit in an office chair (no arms)

The force feedback wheels (like the Logitech G27) do have quite a bit of force, so you need something stable or it will spin it around. I originally used a TV tray, but it spun it around.

With this setup, I can put the whole thing away and then drag it out when I want to play. I just leave the wheel and shifter attached to the stand.

I'll take a picture later today.
[/quote]
[/quote]

The "Plant Pixie" gave me the nod to go for a G-Force wheel the other day. I went to Craig's list and found a local guy that was bundling a Logitech G Force wheel with pedals and the Gran Tourismo 5 game for $100. I met him today and the wheel setup looks like new condition (it still had the protective coating on the center hub).

I tried attaching the wheel to a TV meal table and it was awkward and the pedals where getting hung up on the cross bar of the TV Table but I have to state that it is PRETTY COOL. I knocked several seconds off of my lap times around the Montreal Circuit and I am now within eight seconds of the all time lap record that Rubens Barichello set back in 2004.

But, this setup is not going to work. The angle of the wheel is too high and the pedals are getting hung up on the cross bar of the bottom of the TV meal table.

Silver Shadow: I would really appreciate a picture of your set up so that I can duplicate it.

I am still learning the F1 2011 simulation but I am impressed with how realistic it is. I have decided to concentrate on one circuit to learn it in the practice mode. That is after being black flagged with the shock controller a few days ago at Monaco for causing a massive wreck at T1. Now that I have the wheel and pedals, once I can get it stable it should be awesome and I will be ready to move on to changing the transmission out of the automatic mode. The "simulation" is a good reminder just how busy an F1 driver is in the cockpit during a race. I looked up at one of the on screen messages and that caused me to crash in the hairpin at Montreal and loose thirteen places. Up until then I had only been passed by Schumi (In which there is NO shame in that).
Old 01-28-2012, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both PS3 and Xbox. Personally, I like Xbox more. PS3 online is free, xbox costs money, but for some reason I like/more used to the controller for xbox and have always rather played Xbox instead of PS3. Reasons unknown. I think the PSx controllers are just too small for my hands and Xbox has always been more comfortable. And all my friends are on Xbox. But, if you're big on blu-ray and all that stuff (I'm not) you can watch those movies on PS3 but not Xbox.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Angerman
I have both PS3 and Xbox. Personally, I like Xbox more. PS3 online is free, xbox costs money, but for some reason I like/more used to the controller for xbox and have always rather played Xbox instead of PS3. Reasons unknown. I think the PSx controllers are just too small for my hands and Xbox has always been more comfortable. And all my friends are on Xbox. But, if you're big on blu-ray and all that stuff (I'm not) you can watch those movies on PS3 but not Xbox.
One of the reasons that I chose the PS3 was for HD with Blue Ray. However, even though our TV does not have an HDMI input jack I was able to obtain an PS3 to Componett 3 cable. When I plugged in the five RCA connections into the Samsumg HD TV I got a message that the Componette 3 was connected, I still had a yellow jack the sixth one free, I got a message that this was an "unsupported mode" Should I plug the yellow RCA jack into the Video in (yellow) jack off to the side? I am getting totally frustrated with the lack of documentation that is provided with products these days. I guess if we had a six year old kid he/she could figure it out?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,672 Posts

Sorry Matt but your not going to like the answer and it's not a PS3 documentation issue.
The High Definition Media Interface i.e. HDMI has a serial port to query the devices that it's connected to.
After it gets a response back that it is not a recorder but a display it will send the programming over hte link.
Component video does not have this capability and the Blu-ray player will not work in HD.

Truly annoying but that is part of the copy protection schemes put in place under Blu-ray licensing.

Quick Reply: Gaming Consoles