S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Friday Night.......

Old 11-14-2014, 03:38 PM

Received 2,974 Likes on 1,717 Posts
Default Friday Night.......

Friday night! To those in the working world, and those who are not, Friday night can mean the start of the weekend festivities. Rest, relaxation, drinking, dancing, dining out, and more. Friday nights are pretty sedate in our house.

Some friends go out to dinner. Friday night isn't usually our dine out night, we find it a bit crowded. We prefer "date night" Saturday.

Sometimes we have the grandkids here for dinner on Friday. For added excitement, I start laundry and Rick might go grocery shopping.

Later in the evening, the fuzzy robe comes out and I indulge in the required Friday night a tradition that goes way back to when I was a kid, watching "Mr. Ed" on a Friday night. Who remembers that one?

Right now, I'm surfing the internet, hanging out here, and scanning my granddaughter's net book, Rick is in his recliner. It's almost time for the fuzzy robe, and all this works for us.

I do remember more exciting Friday nights, somewhere in the very distant past, but right now, after working (or being at work) all week, this scenario works great for us on a cold dark November night.

The best part of Friday night is knowing we do not have to wake up at 6:15 in the morning.

What happens in your world.....surely something more exciting than in ours????
Old 11-14-2014, 04:10 PM

Received 365 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Friday night! To those in the working world, and those who are not, Friday night can mean the start of the weekend festivities. Rest, relaxation, drinking, dancing, dining out, and more. Friday nights are pretty sedate in our house.

Some friends go out to dinner. Friday night isn't usually our dine out night, we find it a bit crowded. We prefer "date night" Saturday.

Sometimes we have the grandkids here for dinner on Friday. For added excitement, I start laundry and Rick might go grocery shopping.

Later in the evening, the fuzzy robe comes out and I indulge in the required Friday night a tradition that goes way back to when I was a kid, watching "Mr. Ed" on a Friday night. Who remembers that one?

Right now, I'm surfing the internet, hanging out here, and scanning my granddaughter's net book, Rick is in his recliner. It's almost time for the fuzzy robe, and all this works for us.

I do remember more exciting Friday nights, somewhere in the very distant past, but right now, after working (or being at work) all week, this scenario works great for us on a cold dark November night.

The best part of Friday night is knowing we do not have to wake up at 6:15 in the morning.

What happens in your world.....surely something more exciting than in ours????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAbc5uQXJo
Old 11-14-2014, 04:11 PM

Received 740 Likes on 501 Posts

Friday night means Happy Hour in one of the beach bars near our home. Meeting with old friends, making new ones, drinking beer, cracking crabs, or eating crab cakes, dancing when the band shows up, going home and sleeping in on Saturday. Life is Good!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:16 PM

Friday we often dine out with George and Karen ( whitelightning ). This week however has been tough for both of us and we decided to just crash at home. Planning to dine out tomorrow evening though.As we've gotten older we find ourselves becoming more homebody-ish. Need to recuperate from the week.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:21 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Usually drinking and teenage girl TV shows. Then on Saturday I run full speed into non work related activities that could be a full time job. Tomorrow I'm shopping for a new small boat. Bigger than my current small boat, but smaller than my big boat. Get it?
Old 11-14-2014, 04:45 PM

Received 3,182 Likes on 1,749 Posts

I just finished a 40 mile ElliptiGO ride, in the dark. I'm looking forward to a polluted coffee and a nice relaxing time in the jacuzzi, tonight. I might finish a movie I started last night. I'll have to come up with dinner. I don't want to stay up too late tonight because I'll get up around 6 am to go to a cat show in the morning. I posted on the Facebook page for the cat show and was told that if I ask for Melissa, she'll show me around and tell me what's going on. How cool is that? Yay!
Old 11-14-2014, 05:05 PM

Grandma and Grandpa new what to do on Friday night! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3svvCj4yhYc
Old 11-14-2014, 05:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I just finished a 40 mile ElliptiGO ride, in the dark. I'm looking forward to a polluted coffee and a nice relaxing time in the jacuzzi, tonight. I might finish a movie I started last night. I'll have to come up with dinner. I don't want to stay up too late tonight because I'll get up around 6 am to go to a cat show in the morning. I posted on the Facebook page for the cat show and was told that if I ask for Melissa, she'll show me around and tell me what's going on. How cool is that? Yay!
If your ElliptiGO ridden near or after dusk make certain it has bright lights on both the front and rear, if not it could be a deadly oversight.

gary

Old 11-14-2014, 06:30 PM

Received 3,182 Likes on 1,749 Posts

Gary, I'm smart about lights. I have a bright NightRider headligh, that is currently recharging. I have the brightest tail light they sold at Performance Bikes. I started my ride at 1:30ish pm so I wasn't in the dark-dark when I finished. The first and last 6+ miles are on Aliso Creek bike path so I don't have cars to deal with. BTW, thank you for caring.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:38 PM

Received 1,584 Likes on 836 Posts

As opposed to Patty's 40+ mile EliptiGO ride, tonight, I took a cue from Lainey's post, and popped some popcorn in my Whirley Pop, which I haven't done in quite a while. No butter, though, so I'm sure it's low cal!

Anyway, being retired, EVERY night is Friday night, as far as I am concerned!

Quick Reply: Friday Night.......