S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Football 2007-2008

Old 11-19-2007 | 01:54 AM
20 Year Member

The Patriots are a machine.
Old 11-19-2007 | 02:52 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,Nov 19 2007, 05:54 AM
The Patriots are a machine.

They are like invicible at this time. They are truly magnificent!
Old 11-19-2007 | 03:11 AM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

They are pretty impressive all right! How bout Hawaii's game-winning FG with 11 secs left, to remain undefeated. Also pretty impressive, considering how many teams have been knocked off this year so far. Of course, they may have an easier schedule. But still...
Old 11-20-2007 | 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Honda 367,Nov 19 2007, 06:52 AM

They are like invicible at this time. They are truly magnificent!
I agree, and if my beloved Steelers are goingto have a ghost of a chance, they are going to have to stop resucing defeat fromt he jaws of victory! Too, too many mistakes playing the Jets. And as usaul, their special teams gave the Jets way too much field.

Old 11-20-2007 | 07:16 AM
20 Year Member

I hope the Cowboys will take care of the Jets on Thanksgiving Day. I can't believe Patriots piled up points against the Bills with their starters even late in the game. I think the Patriots are on a mission to prove to the world that they are the all time greatest football team. They take no prisoners. If you are ahead by 3 touchdowns, isn't it time to bring in your starters and not further humiliate the other team? I am just wondering. Go Cowboys!
Old 11-20-2007 | 07:34 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

The Pats are Back
Old 11-20-2007 | 09:44 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Honda 367,Nov 20 2007, 11:16 AM
I hope the Cowboys will take care of the Jets on Thanksgiving Day. I can't believe Patriots piled up points against the Bills with their starters even late in the game. I think the Patriots are on a mission to prove to the world that they are the all time greatest football team. They take no prisoners. If you are ahead by 3 touchdowns, isn't it time to bring in your starters and not further humiliate the other team? I am just wondering. Go Cowboys!
I agreed with what Madden had to say about this. It isn't the Job of the offense to stop scoring, it is the job of the other team's defense to step up and make plays.

More thoughts about this;

Pats have outplayed every team to such an extent that they could have pulled their starters at the half (except the Indy game). Should they? I think not. What type of training is that for a professional football team? Someday they will have to play the whole game (like they did with Indy). Do you really want your team to go through the season with minimal complete game experience?

What about situational experience? Pats got booed by Buffalo fans for going for the TD on fourth and goal in the fourth quarter. Why would it be any better to kick a field goal? They didn't need three points, but going for it on fourth and goal give valuable red-zone experience. If they are in a situation in the future where they have to get that fourth quarter TD on the fourth down, it is nice for them to know that they have already been there and done that.

Pats may have kept most starters in at the start of the second half, but they clearly changed to a running game, giving the Bills some opportunity to stop the Pats from piling up the points. And they did this without their number one running back, Lawrence Maroney. The backs that carried the ball down the field to score on two consecutive posessions were both second team guys. In fact, one was a rookie. And then in the fourth, Brady was on the sidelines.

Do I think Camera-gate had something to do with this? Yes as a motivator, but not much as far as the strategy. I think the Pats-Jets game will be a different story though. You might see the highest team score in NFL history in that game.
Old 11-20-2007 | 09:52 AM
20 Year Member

[QUOTE=Legal Bill,Nov 20 2007, 01:44 PM] Pats have outplayed every team to such an extent that they could have pulled their starters at the half (except the Indy game).
Old 11-25-2007 | 07:39 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Honda 367,Nov 20 2007, 01:52 PM
You raise up an interesting perspective. I do appreciate your insightful comments. I know that professional players who are paid millions should put up a better fight against the Patriots. It just may be that Patriots are so good, there is no competition in the NFL at this time. I do think that if major players are injured playing beyond the outcome of the game, someone will point fingers.

Right now, there is no one in the NFL who can play against the Patriots other than the Colts.
You almost got your upset tonight. I think the Eagles beat themselves at the end of the game with two interceptions. The Pats will need to adjust their defense if they want to stay undefeated for the rest of the season. If nothing else, this game proves to me that the Pats need to be able and ready to play 60 minutes of football every week.
Old 11-25-2007 | 07:57 PM

John Madden said something interesting at the end of the game. He said the Eagles "figured something out" about how to beat the Pats. You can be sure tapes are already being studied by other teams.

Quick Reply: Football 2007-2008