S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Football 2007-2008

Old 12-26-2007 | 10:19 AM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

The +1 will be in NJ Sat with his kids. He's still pondering getting tickets to the Pats/Giants game.
Old 12-26-2007 | 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by LINESUPER,Dec 26 2007, 01:27 PM
Well, my beloved Steelers managed to rescue a post season - thank you Cleveland! - and that just about says how well the last 5 weeks have been for the Black & Gold. - they have managed to get to playoffs because their AFC ravals lost games, not because Pittsburgh won them.

On a much sadder note - Parker broke his leg, and the leading rusher in the NFL doesn't go to the pro powl, and doesn't play post season.!

I'm a die hard Steeler fan, so with that said, I'm hoping that "da coach" gets his act together and comes up with a plan to take the Steelers farther than their recent play deserves. Mayby a passing attack with Holmes and Ward backed by Davenport and Davis on the ground, but only if the defense gets way better than it has been.

GO STEELERS!
You're welcome...
Old 12-26-2007 | 10:47 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Dec 26 2007, 02:19 PM
The +1 will be in NJ Sat with his kids. He's still pondering getting tickets to the Pats/Giants game.
There was a news article talking about Giants fans trying to sell their tickets to Patriots fans. I think the price will be fairly high as some have reached $1,600 on ebay, I heard. I think it is a significant game for the Patriots and the NFL but not as important for the Giants as they are already in the playoffs.
Old 12-26-2007 | 12:04 PM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Yes, he's been checking on StubHub.
Old 12-26-2007 | 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by OhioRacer,Dec 26 2007, 02:28 PM
You're welcome...
As are you - Does Cleveland still have a chance at wildcard birth? I sure hope so. Their play has improved each week this year and the record really doesn't reflect the quality of the team and their coach. Quite frankly, it's the rivalry between our teams that has made the AFC north one of the most competitive in the league. It would be great to see our teams meet in the playoffs "one more time".
Old 12-26-2007 | 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by LINESUPER,Dec 26 2007, 04:26 PM
As are you - Does Cleveland still have a chance at wildcard birth? I sure hope so. Their play has improved each week this year and the record really doesn't reflect the quality of the team and their coach. Quite frankly, it's the rivalry between our teams that has made the AFC north one of the most competitive in the league. It would be great to see our teams meet in the playoffs "one more time".
Yes. But oddly, it doesn't really matter if we beat SF or not. Tennessee has to lose to Indy and then we are in. Normally that would look like a slam dunk. But Indy's seed is secure and they have no reason to play their regulars very long. Our season has been very odd. Our offense was explosive early on. We were averaging 30 points per game. Our defense was ranked 30th. Example: Our first game against Cincy we won 52-45. As the season wore on, the defense improved but now the offense is not scoring as much. I hope we make it. It would be good for the long suffering fans. The last time we were in Belichick was our coach. I suspect we would be a "one and done" team in the playoffs but at least it's improvement over the past several years. Sigh...a once proud franchise.
Old 12-26-2007 | 05:40 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by hecash,Dec 26 2007, 08:58 PM
I'm Boston born, grew up in Lynn and married/settled into North Reading, MA. My "fanship" with the Pats goes back to Braves Field (now Nickerson), Fenway Park and even one game at Harry Agganis Memorial Stadium with seating for 10,000. I struggled through that and the early days at Foxboro when it took more than an hour to get up and down the access road.

With all of that "fanship" investment, I would not even consider paying $200 (well, say, $500 if I still lived back there) for that game none the less $1,600. That's insanity.

I am in total agreement with you there. I think the price of the tickets to these sought after games whether it be a Superbowl or this weekend's game is really outrageous. But it's all about supply and demand. I am glad there are people who would not bat an eye for these tickets. They at least support the economy. That's still better than someone losing it in gambling, I suppose. At least they could say that they were there watching those games and enjoyed being part of that historical game where Patriots finished the regular season with a perfect record 16:0.
Old 12-26-2007 | 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=LINESUPER,Dec 26 2007, 01:27 PM] I'm a die hard Steeler fan, so with that said, I'm hoping that "da coach" gets his act together and comes up with a plan to take the Steelers farther than their recent play deserves.
Old 12-27-2007 | 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by OhioRacer,Dec 26 2007, 09:09 PM
Yes. But oddly, it doesn't really matter if we beat SF or not. Tennessee has to lose to Indy and then we are in. Normally that would look like a slam dunk. But Indy's seed is secure and they have no reason to play their regulars very long. Our season has been very odd. Our offense was explosive early on. We were averaging 30 points per game. Our defense was ranked 30th. Example: Our first game against Cincy we won 52-45. As the season wore on, the defense improved but now the offense is not scoring as much. I hope we make it. It would be good for the long suffering fans. The last time we were in Belichick was our coach. I suspect we would be a "one and done" team in the playoffs but at least it's improvement over the past several years. Sigh...a once proud franchise.
I wouldn't count your team out on the first game. If you make it, you will likely be playing the Steelers, and that game, regardless of record is always a brawl. I actually would enjoy that more than the Super Bowl bow to the Pats, which looks like a sure thing right now. And if I had to pick between a great offense and a great defense, I would pick the great defense. Defense wins games and make up for many serious mistakes by young QB's. If you can keep your opponent from scoring all you have to do is get "lucky" once on the offense and the win is yours. Given that young QB and the supporting cast Cleveland has, well thats likely to happen, and unlike your team, Pittsburghs defense is faultering. Best of luck and,( I can't beleive I'm saying this) I'll root for the Colts to win.
Old 12-27-2007 | 04:21 AM

[QUOTE=OhioRacer,Dec 26 2007, 09:09 PM] Yes. But oddly, it doesn't really matter if we beat SF or not. Tennessee has to lose to Indy and then we are in. Normally that would look like a slam dunk. But Indy's seed is secure and they have no reason to play their regulars very long. Our season has been very odd. Our offense was explosive early on. We were averaging 30 points per game. Our defense was ranked 30th. Example: Our first game against Cincy we won 52-45. As the season wore on, the defense improved but now the offense is not scoring as much. I hope we make it. It would be good for the long suffering fans. The last time we were in Belichick was our coach. I suspect we would be a "one and done" team in the playoffs but at least it's improvement over the past several years. Sigh...a once proud franchise.

Quick Reply: Football 2007-2008