S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Finally pulled the trigger...

Old 07-11-2012, 04:35 AM

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by fltsfshr
You're going to end up with non matching numbers, a hit on the car's resale and who knows what caused it, a bad block or something else. It may be a "Friday car"

Just my opinion. I'd probably trade the car if they didn't give me a new one.

At 1400 miles, I'd demand a new one

fltsfshr
Old 07-11-2012, 05:48 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Just went down to the dealer to talk to the service dept and the GM.

GM had stepped out, so I did not get a chance to talk to him.

Service dept told me that:
* they had not decided what they were going to do/replace (this is entirely different from what I was told yesterday!)
* they need to wait till they determine what went wrong, to determine what would be replaced/fixed/etc
* said they should find out today what happened
* Hyundai district manager had been notified

Now I am getting even unhappier!

Whens the next S2000 event to brighten my spirits?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:01 AM

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

I had a problem with my second S2000 and contacted them directly. Their US office was in California and I got the 800 number and using the VIN of my car was able to get assistance quickly. I did the same thing with a mustang I owned years ago and was successful in getting a total refund after my warranty had expired for a blown head gasket. It was a pricey fix but after I sent them my receipts for the work, they refunded me in total. If you are not completely satisfied with what the dealership offers, I'd suggest very nicely (you always catch more flies with honey) that you seek assistance from higher up the food chain.

PS: I notice that Hyundai has a facebook page. They will probably not like a negative fb post and likely will respond to a simple (duh, I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this, but . . . my engine blew after 1400 miles and I'd like to know if I can get help) type of posting if you are unhappy with your dealership's response.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:47 PM

Update:

Just talked to the service manager...

They did not get the car into the shop today, so no root cause determined.

He did state that he saw metal flakes on the dipstick, and on the oil drain plug.

Said the Hyundai DM is still waiting to hear from him on the root cause before they can do anything.

When the approval is given, will take 3-4 days to get the engine, then 1.5 days to install.

The service manager "thinks" the engine would come complete, but is nor sure. I expressed my displeasure at hearing that. Told him to many potential issues long term if all bolt on items have to be swapped from one engine to the other.

He told me we will talk tomorrow after they get the engine apart.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Sounds like the ole run-around to me. They should have been right on it. I think it's time to start calling Hyundai direct about this.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,642 Posts

I would start banging on Hyundai's door right now.
First of all dealer is leaving you flapping in the breeze and not even looking at your car.
Unacceptable. This is just giving them time to circle the wagons and plan a defense.
Just remember shit flows downhill, start at the top.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I may be wrong but it sounds to me like you're being too nice a guy. Do you really want the car back with a new motor? Oh, I mean, eventually, when they get around to it, that is. You've owned the car, what, all of two and a half weeks? I too have a hard time getting in someone's face but if it was my brand new Crosstour I'd tell them to keep it and they can dick around all they want deciding what the cause is, but I want a new one just like I just paid for 16 days ago! End of story.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:41 PM

If I don't get good news tomorrow... then I will escalate things.....

I didn't get testy too much with the service manager today... but I let him know my displeasure of not being able to drive the car I just bought....

This is driving me nuts... and I'm sure Kathy doesn't like it either... putting up with me is bad enough... putting up with me with a new car with a blown engine is just asking for too much!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow mikey sorry to hear about all this. hope you get it resolved
Old 07-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Community Organizer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Mike, sorry to hear about the new car. Please tell that the car was not assembled in Alabama. hope they take care of your issues with it. Later Bama Dave

Quick Reply: Finally pulled the trigger...