S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Eclipse Is Coming - Run For Your Life!

Old 07-19-2023, 07:28 PM

Received 2,705 Likes on 1,609 Posts
Default The Eclipse Is Coming - Run For Your Life!

On April 8, 2024 we will be in the path of the total eclipse. Local officials are telling people:

​​​​​​“Just prepare for a bad winter weekend, be prepared stocked up on food make sure if you have medications that you have plenty of your medications if you have got babies and you need to have formula and diapers then plan for that.” ​​​​​​ “With traffic dramatically increased, residents are also being advised to make sure they are fueled up in advance of the weekend, and gas stations are urged to have reserves on hand to meet the demand.”

“Schools will be closed and hotels and campgrounds are already being booked for the weekend prior to the Monday eclipse.”

Is it an eclipse or the end of days?

Anyone want to rent a room for the small cost of…….?
Old 07-19-2023, 07:36 PM

Received 3,995 Likes on 3,145 Posts

I have a bottle of eclipse coffee syrup in my cupboard that should cover me.
The following users liked this post:
boltonblue (07-27-2023)
Old 07-19-2023, 07:46 PM

Received 5,322 Likes on 3,164 Posts

The 15 lucky states that will be visited by the Moon's shadow during the total solar eclipse are Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:11 PM

Received 1,641 Likes on 975 Posts

Some see an "Aleph" over the USA., the first letter in the Hebrew alphabet. The Aleph, represents a Triune God, as some articles forwarded to me indicate. The new moon in Jerusalem is October 14 2023 and that is the day the solar eclipse will cross the USA from Oregon to Texas. There is another new moon there on April 8th 2024 and that happens to be when the Great American Eclipse crosses the USA and "completes" the Aleph.

What does it mean if anything? I don't know. Just saw this thread and thought of the article I happened to read from someone.

windhund116 (07-20-2023)
Old 07-20-2023, 04:12 AM

Received 293 Likes on 224 Posts

Looks like somewhere between Indy and Richmond, IN will be the center of the eclipse... and the closest spot for me.
Old 07-20-2023, 04:51 AM

Received 1,226 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
On April 8, 2024 we will be in the path of the total eclipse. Local officials are telling people:

​​​​​​“Just prepare for a bad winter weekend, be prepared stocked up on food make sure if you have medications that you have plenty of your medications if you have got babies and you need to have formula and diapers then plan for that.” ​​​​​​ “With traffic dramatically increased, residents are also being advised to make sure they are fueled up in advance of the weekend, and gas stations are urged to have reserves on hand to meet the demand.”

“Schools will be closed and hotels and campgrounds are already being booked for the weekend prior to the Monday eclipse.”

Is it an eclipse or the end of days?

Anyone want to rent a room for the small cost of…….?
Weren't you part of the craziness of this group, leading up the August 17 "Great American Eclipse?" We all plotted and schemed our courses for our eclipse trips. We got our equipment together,, we traded plans, and we told stories and shared pics about our eclipse adventures I think I got everybody started. I've seen and shot total and annular eclipse in Roundup, MT., Cabo San Lucas, Catalina Island, Aruba, Munich, Puerto Vallarta, St. George, UT, and Salem, OR. Now The Annular in Utah in October (the same day as the USC Notre Dame game in South Bend) and the total in Dallas in April. We're true eclipse junkies, although a number of you guys caught the bug. We all had fun.I was an outsider then (and really still am), but you guys and I got close for a time. It was great! Let's talk and share more as it gets closer. The Anular Eclipse is in October will be a good warmup. The moon is further from the sun and doesn't cover the full disc of the sun, leaving a ring, "Annulas" is Latin for "ring." It's nut as spectacular as a full solar eclipse. You don't get to see the Corona, which is the atmosphere of the sun, like this next April.

Let's start a serio0us discussion of this again, like 2017. Who's going where to see and/or shoot them?

Last edited by The Raptor; 07-20-2023 at 05:11 AM.
Old 07-20-2023, 05:32 AM

Received 3,160 Likes on 1,738 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
Weren't you part of the craziness of this group, leading up the August 17 "Great American Eclipse?" We all plotted and schemed our courses for our eclipse trips. We got our equipment together,, we traded plans, and we told stories and shared pics about our eclipse adventures I think I got everybody started. I've seen and shot total and annular eclipse in Roundup, MT., Cabo San Lucas, Catalina Island, Aruba, Munich, Puerto Vallarta, St. George, UT, and Salem, OR. Now The Annular in Utah in October (the same day as the USC Notre Dame game in South Bend) and the total in Dallas in April. We're true eclipse junkies, although a number of you guys caught the bug. We all had fun.I was an outsider then (and really still am), but you guys and I got close for a time. It was great! Let's talk and share more as it gets closer. The Anular Eclipse is in October will be a good warmup. The moon is further from the sun and doesn't cover the full disc of the sun, leaving a ring, "Annulas" is Latin for "ring." It's nut as spectacular as a full solar eclipse. You don't get to see the Corona, which is the atmosphere of the sun, like this next April.

Let's start a serio0us discussion of this again, like 2017. Who's going where to see and/or shoot them?
I figure you're going somewhere to see it. Where are you going, George. I haven't decided if I'll travel this time. Last time my daughter and I flew to see it. We loved it.

^8-21-2017.

^8-21-2017.
buckeyesue (07-20-2023)
Old 07-20-2023, 05:57 AM

Received 2,705 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Knowing Northern Ohio in April it will be cloudy that day!
Old 07-20-2023, 05:58 AM
tof

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,350 Posts

I have a son and his family in Ohio and a sister in the Finger Lakes of NYS, both on the path of totality. I think we will be ok.
Old 07-20-2023, 06:09 AM

Received 1,226 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer
Looks like somewhere between Indy and Richmond, IN will be the center of the eclipse... and the closest spot for me.
The midpoint of the path of the eclipse is secondary. What's important is distance from home, chance of good weather, and length of totality or annularity from the centerline of the path of totality or annularity. Weather is key..

Last edited by The Raptor; 07-20-2023 at 06:45 AM.

Quick Reply: The Eclipse Is Coming - Run For Your Life!