S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Do you worry?

Old 01-06-2005, 07:06 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,950 Likes on 1,746 Posts

Wow, Josey, when you mentioned going to stay for your mother's surgery, you didn't make it sound as serious as it now seems to be. I'm so sorry...and your grandma, too. That's an awful lot to deal with at once. You and your family are certainly in my thoughts...please keep us posted.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, ladies - the support and prayers from you do make a big difference.

Uppitychick, I'm going to put a call in to a Gastroenterologist with whom I worked for 12 years and see what he can find out for me, but when I find out the information on the chemo protocol, I'll definitely run it by you, too. Having done medical transcription myself (no heme/onc stuff, though), I know you have an upper hand on knowledge of new therapies and trials. Thanks for the offer.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uppitychick' date='Jan 5 2005, 11:00 AM
May I chime in? I am anyway. My son is 20 and has been driving for quite some time. Boys are worse than girls when it comes to driving, I think. He thinks he is in complete control and he drives too fast. He is living in Atlanta now and it is crazy driving there (lived there for many many years). He got our insurance cancelled just a year ago when living at home (tickets that we did not know about) Anyway, he is on his own now. I ask him to call me when he leaves here to go back to ATL, but he never remembers. I stay up all night afraid he is dead in a ditch. The next day, after I have called everyone I know to see if they have seen him (and they always have) I finally speak with him and he is like, Hey, it's no big deal, I'm fine. Sorry I forgot to call you.... Well.... now I have decided I will not ask him to call me anymore. I cannot take the worry. He is 20 years old... I guess it is about time I let go a little (it is really hard, though)
I have two sons, now 34 and 31, and a daughter, now 26. I think girls are far worse drivers. They seem oblivious to the speed they are traveling and are far too often distracted by the gaggle of other girls along for the ride. Add to that the cell phone, and it's a recipe for disaster. The boys drove too fast, but seemed to pay attention to what they were doing.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:12 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

for the worry warts!

I have been one lately and just re-read though much of this thread. I like Granny's way of dealing with worry. It will take practice for me to choose not to worry.

Originally Posted by Grannyrod
Once I got it through my thick, worrywart skull that worrying is a choice we make, I CHOOSE not to do it as much anymore. Took me a while, though, but boy did it ever cut down on amount of worrying I do and save what little sanity I had left.
I just read a saying that so much reminds me of what our Granny would say.

"Ain't no use putting up the umbrella until it rains." How true!

I think I'll be repeating that one in my head a lot.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:26 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm worried about selling one of my houses. Yeah, people with money worry about money too. Right now, I have way more debt than I like. Banks are not worried about it. They'd like to lend me more. But I'd like to reduce it as soon as possible.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,950 Likes on 1,746 Posts

^ I can understand that. I had no idea now long I would have to carry two mortgages when I bought the current condo and hadn't yet sold the old one. I was very fortunate because the market was pretty hot and the location helped. I guess at the Cape it's more vacation home buyers rather than peeps who live there all year round? Hope you get a buyer soon.

I'm generally not a worrier. I tend to cross bridges when I get to them. EDIT - I went back and looked at my original answer. About the same. So not much has changed in three years.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:28 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

[QUOTE=Legal Bill,May 14 2008, 11:26 AM]
Old 05-14-2008, 09:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont worry about anything, worrying gets you no wheres why bother?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I am feeling much less worrisome than I was in the past two months. I was worried about my 2007 taxes, a lot. I did Turbo Tax online. Just yesterday, I saw Tim, for the first time, who will be my CPA. He said I did a fine job and he didn't need to correct anything. Phew!

Also, I was worried about selling my '98 Odyssey after buying my new '08 RAV4, last week. I spent a couple days detailing my Odyssey, listed it on Auto Trader and had my buyer within 48 hours. It's gone. Phew!

I'm relaxing, now.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:51 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras,May 14 2008, 12:29 PM
I am feeling much less worrisome than I was in the past two months. I was worried about my 2007 taxes, a lot. I did Turbo Tax online. Just yesterday, I saw Tim, for the first time, who will be my CPA. He said I did a fine job and he didn't need to correct anything. Phew!

Also, I was worried about selling my '98 Odyssey after buying my new '08 RAV4, last week. I spent a couple days detailing my Odyssey, listed it on Auto Trader and had my buyer within 48 hours. It's gone. Phew!

I'm relaxing, now.
Come detail my house!

Quick Reply: Do you worry?