S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners
View Poll Results: Do you spring/fall clean?
I do spring/fall cleaning every spring and fall.
18.52%
I do a heavy cleaning when the mood hits me.
25.93%
I do light cleaning only, hire someone for the rest.
14.81%
I try to, but never seem to get to it all.
7.41%
What the heck is spring/fall cleaning?
29.63%
No way, I've got better things to do, I hire someone for all the cleaning.
3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Do you spring/fall clean? Who does the housework?

Old 03-11-2007, 06:35 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Angry

[QUOTE=valentine,Mar 8 2007, 08:33 PM] .......I'm delighted that I do not have to worry about removing window treatments for cleaning either since I don't have any.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:42 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

As for the windows, I tell everyone that others pay good money for tinted/smoked windows. I save money by not washing them and still get the same effect.

Now, in the S I can't stand the least little spot on the windows. Go figure....

David...
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,951 Likes on 1,746 Posts

Nice thing about the condo is the window washers do the outside twice a year. So we only have to worry about the inside. I'm not a big fan of window treatments, either. Don't have any in the living room, have shades on the balcony and vertical blinds on the master bedroom window. No curtains at all.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K,Mar 11 2007, 09:35 PM
....about 'no window treatments' but don't agree about clean windows, Val! I equate clean windows with clean eyeglasses; looking out at a dirty world is the pits. I aspire to clean windows....just as Dave....but it just doesn't happen in our house.
I aspire to clean windows too and love it when they're sparkling. However, they don't sparkle because I clean them. I hire a window washer to come in once or twice a year. Sadly it seems that everytime I get them cleaned, the next day it rains and they're never quite as nice after that. I've noticed that since the trees are beginning to sprout their new little leaves, etc., we've already started getting pollen dust everywhere. By next month everything will coated in a yellow blanket of itchy sneezy pollen.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:11 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

I was lazy in the cleaning department this weekend. I had 1/2 of a cold, Rick had the other half, so cleaning got put on the back burner. Just one more room to do and the official spring cleaning is done. Having a small house makes lots of things easier.

We are both fairly neat, orderly people. Neither of us likes clutter. If the doorbell rings unexpectedly, we won't have to pretend we aren't home, though if I'm babysitting, all bets on the neat/orderly thing are off. Babies and five year old children require a lot of stuff hanging about the house.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It occurred to me only after we bought this house that it really doesn't have many windows. Unfortunately, the idiots that closed in the Florida/dog room years ago used those double windows like you have up north. The seals have broken and there's yuck between the glass so I could clean till I'm dead and you still can't see out of the damned things. Our next project is that room and we're hoping we can afford to have the windows replaced, but they are rather large and there are six of them, so.................. We refuse to go into debt on anything including the house remodeling, so I sure hope the money tree starts budding out soon, but we pruned it rather dramatically last year so the poor thing may take some time to recover.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Member (Premium)

Wow...good thing you aren't planning my kitchen remodel. You can send a branch up here if you want.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Mar 12 2007, 07:11 AM
Wow...good thing you aren't planning my kitchen remodel.
Yep. That's why YOUR kitchen remodel and OUR kitchen remodel are so vastly different. I'm very happy with the way ours came out, but we're not in the same league with y'all at all! But then our property hasn't appreciated 200K or whatever it was you said in the last year either. And probably never will, so spending that kind of $$ just wouldn't make sense in this house.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Member (Premium)

^ I edited my posting..."You can send a branch up here if you want."
Old 03-12-2007, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cleaned out six bags of magazines over the weekend

After reading Jerry's post I figured out that we have 316 panes of glass, give or take a few. Most of the windows are the originals, so you have to clean them the hard way or ignore them. I've cleaned them once in six years.

Quick Reply: Do you spring/fall clean? Who does the housework?