S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners
View Poll Results: Do you spring/fall clean?
I do spring/fall cleaning every spring and fall.
18.52%
I do a heavy cleaning when the mood hits me.
25.93%
I do light cleaning only, hire someone for the rest.
14.81%
I try to, but never seem to get to it all.
7.41%
What the heck is spring/fall cleaning?
29.63%
No way, I've got better things to do, I hire someone for all the cleaning.
3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Do you spring/fall clean? Who does the housework?

Old 03-08-2007, 05:04 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Dave/dlq04 mentioned cleaning windows even when it's freezing outside. I tried that yesterday after work. It didn't work too well for me. I was washing woodwork and putting up fresh curtains. I was going to wait until it was warmer to do the windows, but, I wanted clean windows with clean curtains.........did you know Windex will freeze when it hits a window that's been exposed to 20* temps?

My windows drop in for easy cleaning, but it was very cold yesterday. I was getting bits of frost on them where I sprayed the window with Windex. I did the best I could, but they need a touch up.........when it's warmer.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work, my wife works. A long time ago Anita and I decided that if we both were going to work, we would enjoy the extra income in meaningful ways. That means that much house work is left for hired help. A maid service and some help with the yard etc from the neighborhood kids goes a long way. This gives us time to be involved in the "want to" things, rather than the "have to" things. Our usual "spring cleaning" activity amounts to cleaning the windows and hosing the winter dirt off the house - about a 1/2 to 3/4 days work for both of us each year. And that reminds me, cleaning due in three weeks - just before Easter.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 AM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

[QUOTE=Lainey8484,Mar 8 2007, 09:04 AM] My windows drop in for easy cleaning, but it was very cold yesterday.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:20 AM

^
I'll put it on the shopping list!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

I do NOT do windows. EVER.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by valentine,Mar 8 2007, 04:46 PM
I do NOT do windows. EVER.
Mine are so easy to do, I have no excuse. I don't have to step outside at all. Rick takes care of the ones that need cleaning from outside.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Mar 8 2007, 05:13 PM
Mine are so easy to do, I have no excuse. I don't have to step outside at all. Rick takes care of the ones that need cleaning from outside.
Even if they're easy, I'm still not doing them. I explained that to +1 years and years ago. I simply do not do windows of any kind (except for the ones in the S). I also do not do any housepainting of any kind. It is enough that I don plastic gloves and scrub commodes, scrub sinks, bathtubs, showers and floors. The windows will glaze over with hundreds of years of foreign matter, but they will not be cleaned by me. I'm not a stickler for sparkling windows anyway as long as my shower, sinks, and commodes are clean. I'm delighted that I do not have to worry about removing window treatments for cleaning either since I don't have any. Most of my windows are just . . . windows. I have a shade on the office window since sometimes I work at the computer late at night and there are mini blinds on the bedroom windows and the bathroom windows. Otherwise, no drapes, no window treatments, no blinds, no shades, just windows. I like it that way.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading this topic (I'm playing catch-up since I was gone all week), I'm considering changing the venue for FFFII! Yikes! There's some serious cleaning going on around this internet family!

Anyone coming here expecting a clean house will go away disappointed. At one time I was a total clean freak but thankfully with the help of a serious 12-step program, I got over it! I've discovered a lot of things in life to occupy the time that I once spent cleaning and they're all more enjoyable. Besides, we have 5 dogs (as of tomorrow night that will be 6 dogs and a cat) and live on a giant sand dune. Even my wonderful mother-in-law couldn't keep this place clean and you can perform open heart surgery in her bathrooms! When I need a "clean fix" I just go visit her.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:01 PM

^
A giant sand dune sounds neat! Six dogs a bit much for me though. Not all great Danes or St. Bernard's I hope.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I only do light cleaning. I pay my daughter to clean regularly. When my late wife was health we did some serious cleaning both spring and fall.

Now that I think about, when my daughter lived at home we couldn't get her to clean her room let alone anything else.

Quick Reply: Do you spring/fall clean? Who does the housework?