S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Do you ever feel old?

Old 12-06-2004 | 05:47 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Default Do you ever feel old?

Do you ever feel old? Usually I don't, but this weekend I felt really old. I had aches and pains, stiff joints and absolutely no energy. I may be coming down with something, and I hope it passes soon because I don't like it, but I've felt old since Saturday.

Has this ever happened to you?
Old 12-06-2004 | 06:14 PM

Yea, sure most mornings and some where along the way that day I come up with a reason to use the S and I feel fine. Whats the problem?
Old 12-06-2004 | 06:14 PM

Every time the weather changes I know it's going to happen two days before hand,and the aches and pains are like a trip down memory lane;
1. left sholder, dislocated HS football
2. both knees; collage football, and USMC
ECT<ECT<ECT
Take two "ALIVE" and say to yourself, I AM NOT OLD< I AM NOT OLD, if that dosen't work, a hot bath and bottle of wine
Old 12-06-2004 | 06:17 PM
lig
Community Organizer
20 Year Member

Pretty much only the morning after playing tennis.

And when recovering from a hangover.
Old 12-06-2004 | 06:21 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by lig,Dec 6 2004, 10:17 PM

And when recovering from a hangover.
Now that makes everything hurt these days.

Yes Rob, some are morning and some when they feel like it.
Old 12-06-2004 | 06:22 PM

Not so sure I'm allowed to say I feel old , but juvenile spondilo arthropathy doesn't help much.
Old 12-06-2004 | 06:24 PM

Rob, I think we all go through this from time to time unless you're coming down with something. Remember, age is just a number.....you got to repeat this to yourself and syke yourself out of that feeling
Old 12-06-2004 | 06:59 PM

I've always felt and thought like I was a lot younger than my 53 years. That said, ever since I went through cancer treatments in 2000 there have been more and more days when I have felt older than my years. I think when one battles a serious physical illness there is a longlasting impact on the body, and perhaps on the mind and personality too.

I have more aches and pains than I ever did. I get cold a LOT easier, and I had always been called a furnace by Hilly. When the plumbing was rebuilt, the subsequent issues created by that rebuilding have had lifestyle-altering results for me. However, I don't have any problem spending long hours in the S; we have had several trips where we have put on many hundreds of miles in 8-10-12 or more hours of driving with only gas/food/potty stops, without feeling any ill effects physically.

I've also found my attitude towards work, people and life has changed. In a lot of ways I have less willpower than I used to have. I find that a lot of times I take the attitude of if it doesn't get done today, it'll get done tomorrow, or next week. I'm living a lot more for today, and not worrying as much about next year.

I've found I really don't care much about what most people think anymore. The only person whose opinion matters to me is my wife's.

I know this goes a little beyond Rob's original idea about getting old, but for me it's all tied together. I don't know if it's all part of growing old, or partly due to the ilness, but it's all come together at the same time for me.
Old 12-06-2004 | 07:15 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by tomcatt,Dec 6 2004, 10:59 PM
I know this goes a little beyond Rob's original idea about getting old, but for me it's all tied together. I don't know if it's all part of growing old, or partly due to the ilness, but it's all come together at the same time for me.
Tom

That is exactly what I had in mind, and a great answer.

Most times I feel much younger than I am. I still behave like a kid, and I haven't yet learned (I hope I never do) that some things are truely impossible.

Sometimes, however, the body doesn't respond, the mind gets tired and the muscles ache. It's not all because of age. Some of it is the 30 pounds that I've grown since stopping smoking. Some of it is the crazy hours I keep and the 4 hours of sleep I get each night. Some of it is all of those hours I spend at work, but some of it is that, inspite of what I want to believe, I am getting older. Sometimes I just feel old.
Old 12-06-2004 | 07:47 PM
20 Year Member

Do I ever feel old?

Do I ever feel old you ask?
I caution myself not to answer too fast.
Could it be that I am starting to feel the years
Or is it just the thought that makes me think of the fears?

I remind myself that age is just a number,
But why then do I require more slumber?
I still love to party like I use to, until it is late.
Now I hope that it will not run much past eight.

Of course the happy hours are not like they used to be,
But then again, I don

Quick Reply: Do you ever feel old?