S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Did you think you'd keep it this long?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry in Wyoming,Jan 9 2006, 07:34 PM
Forever.
The only difference between THAT picture and one I'd submit is that my Prelude was Phantom Grey.

I was putting it up for sale, with a heavy heart, when my daughter asked if she could "buy" it because she couldn't bear for it to leave the family.

So, I'm cruisin' in the S2K, my daughter is in her Prelude, and wifey loves her CRV (and my s2K ).

I cannot imagine selling the S2K. The thought of someone else driving it is anathema.

I had a minor accident in the Prelude a short while ago, and the insurance assessor came by to authorise the repairs. He said he doesn't see many cars that old anymore (1992 Lude). I asked if Honda owners were different. He said they were more passionate about their brand than ANY other car owners.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:52 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

I"m keeping mine untill Honda makes a new improved model I can't resist upgrading to.
Levi
Old 01-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,527 Likes on 1,909 Posts

This question is hard. Yes, I thought I'd keep it this long. When I got the '01 Silverstone, I loved it insanely and when Andy said I could get the '05 Suzuka, I said I couldn't part with the '01 so I would only get the '05 if Andy promised to keep the '01. He agreed as long as I kept it waxed and clean so all he had to do was jump in when he wanted to drive it. I can't even imagine getting rid of either one of them. They are part of the family. We play together with them.

On the other hand, NNY S2k, has a point. If Honda comes out with something even better, it might cross my mind to upgrade some day.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:59 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,754 Posts

I'm like Barry - f-o-r-e-v-e-r!! I kept the car I had before this (Mercedes 240D) twenty years until I traded it for the Perkymobile. It was never going to wear out, but I wanted another ragtop. What a great car!!

And I have to tell this story...the +1 had to give a deposition yesterday in his divorce case (soon to be final, I hope). Anywho, the subject of our trips came up, and since we have taken several in the S, he mentioned my involvement in a car club. After the deposition was over, the court reporter came over and asked him what kind of car it was. He told him and the guy said "Wow...it sounds like you are having alot of fun"!! I have to agree...and I doubt his soon-to-be-ex is very happy about it. Her loss, my gain.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:55 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I kept my last sportscar for 12 years and it was used when I bought it! My wife and I keep our daily drivers a minimum of 10 years. When I bought the S, my plan was to keep it 15-20 years.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:00 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Another little story about the attention these cars/drivers get. I called my insurance company about my homeowner's policy and the guy who took the call was looking at my coverage on everything. He saw that I owned an S and asked me all about the car and said he really wanted to buy one. Then he said "And I bet you look really good driving it, too."
Old 01-10-2006, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,Jan 10 2006, 01:52 AM
I keeping mine untill Honda makes a new improved model I can't resist upgrading to.
This sounds like us!!!!!! We had our '05 for 5 months and 6K miles when we just happened to go take a look/test drive of the '06.

The rest is history!!

Old 01-10-2006, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Jan 10 2006, 05:59 AM
And I have to tell this story...the +1 had to give a deposition yesterday in his divorce case (soon to be final, I hope). Anywho, the subject of our trips came up, and since we have taken several in the S, he mentioned my involvement in a car club. After the deposition was over, the court reporter came over and asked him what kind of car it was. He told him and the guy said "Wow...it sounds like you are having alot of fun"!! I have to agree...and I doubt his soon-to-be-ex is very happy about it. Her loss, my gain.
Good news! Say hi to Vito for me!

I plan on keeping my S2000 for a very long time...
Old 01-10-2006, 04:37 AM

Received 3,208 Likes on 1,858 Posts

We've only had ours for two years and both of us feel it's a long term thing. As the years go by, if the budget allows, we could be tempted by new and improved models. Of course, we still have to be able to get in and out of the thing without saying UGH too loud.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:02 AM

Oh....

I dunno.....

That new Ford Fusion looks pretty good....

Maybe....

We'll see....

But I do have to keep it for at least another six months, or I'll violate the "one-year rule" and my long-suffering spouse will skin me alive. HPH

Quick Reply: Did you think you'd keep it this long?