S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Did you go to Catholic School?

Old 12-21-2006, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a switch for you1 Public school K-12. Then Catholic all boys College?? No I didn't become a Priest or any inclination to be. And there were plenty of girls on campus from our sister school.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:18 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by emg88,Dec 21 2006, 11:18 PM
Here's a switch for you1 Public school K-12. Then Catholic all boys College?? No I didn't become a Priest or any inclination to be. And there were plenty of girls on campus from our sister school.
They weren't wearing patent leather shoes, were they?
Old 12-22-2006, 04:30 AM

Ok, I am game. I was generally a good student, never got into trouble, etc.....

In my junior year, in biology class (note: boys only of course) we were handed out flyers we had to fill in on our intended biology project for the semester. Well, there were extra sheets, so I filled mine out, and proceeded to be funny by filling out an extra one titled "Sex and the Single Girl". I passed it to my friends who got a good laugh out of it. Only one of the guys actually handed it in. Now you had to be there to truly appreciate this moment. We were working while the brother was reviewing the flyers, he was calmly flipping them over one by one at a nice calm pace, then suddenly, he completely froze, while his face turned purple!!!!! That was funnier than the joke itself, I thought the guy was going to choke. He calmed down and put the entire class into detention until the person who handed in, what he was talking about, and he knew that that person knew. Needless to say, it was my handwriting, but I did not hand it in. This went on for several days, he did not teach class he made us read, and it was to continue until the culprit gave himself up. After a week my friend turned himself in after several discussions with me, and I kept saying that it was stupid to turn that in and it was never intended to do so. So my so called buddy gave himself up as the person who turned it in. Class returned to normal, I thought I got away with it until the brother stopped me in the hall 2 days later to tell me he knew that my friend had not written the project flyer that someone else had. I immediately spilled my guts explaining that it should have never have been turned in and that my friend was trying to get me into trouble.
I got 3 day detention.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:36 AM

Good one!
Old 12-22-2006, 10:29 AM

As Lainey eluded too, I am curious as to some of the weird and strange things you guys and gals had to go through in the 60's and 70's in school. I used to date a girl that went to Sacred Heart and some of the things I remember were Patent Leather shoes because of the reflection up her skirt, and putting a towel in the bathtub while bathing. Are these true? What other ones are out there?
Old 12-22-2006, 10:59 AM

In response to Jumpy...probably 2nd grade, about 1958. One cold, gray winter mornign the nun starts telling us about some three day tribulation that would fall. The skies would turn dark, we'd be trapped at home and be on the verge of starvation. Really graphic and scary stuff. Well, my seat faced north and I had a view of the northern horizon

As she finished her story, a heavy snow squall line came racing over the ridgeline across the river. I was convinced her story was about to come true!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,Dec 22 2006, 02:29 PM
As Lainey eluded too, I am curious as to some of the weird and strange things you guys and gals had to go through in the 60's and 70's in school. I used to date a girl that went to Sacred Heart and some of the things I remember were Patent Leather shoes because of the reflection up her skirt, and putting a towel in the bathtub while bathing. Are these true? What other ones are out there?
Never heard the towel in the bathtub thing. Look back a few pages and read about the proper way to undress.

That explains why so many of us Vintage ladies are shy and quiet......it was due to Catholic school.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dated a couple of Catholic girls. I always thought it was really nice that they could raise hell and sow their wild oats through the week and then say a couple of prayers for a crop failure and go to confession and be good to go for another week.

That was back in the days when the services were in Latin. Is it still that way now that they have started speaking English?
Old 12-22-2006, 12:35 PM

The Latin Mass has been banned for decades. There have been parishes that tried to reinstate it for their older parishioners and they were threatened with sanctions if they went through or continued. Two words: confused priorities.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:41 PM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Mass has not been in Latin for over 40 years.

Quick Reply: Did you go to Catholic School?