S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Chemo Update

Old 02-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,490 Likes on 1,894 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
Originally Posted by S1997' timestamp='1360112955' post='22317173
I can tell you that Maury typed in an update in this thread yesterday, and -- before he could post it, it friggin' disappeared from the screen. I'm sure he will get back to us. I couldn't help him recover the lost message.
I think of Maury every single day. Look forward to an update.
Me too.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Member (Premium)

I just got off the phone with Maury. As Jim said, Maury had a 3 or 4 paragraph update ready to post and it disappeared. That was a lot of work for him to type and he said he doesn't know when he'll get back to it again. He told me it was okay if I posted for him.

He was in the hospital for 3 1/2 weeks with pneumonia. He remembered checking in with a fever and then a week later, sort of waking up from a dream state. He didn't remember the conversations he had with people. He was told he yelled at people and told them to go away but he has no recollection of it.

He's trying to get some strength back and finds himself tired all the time. He did manage to get to work today and yesterday for 2 hours each day. To top it off, with the pneumonia, kidney issues, pain meds and chemo, somehow he broke a rib in his back. The pain is really bothering him at night when he tries to sleep. They are looking into alternate ways to handle the pain. His plan for now is to get some strength back.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Thanks for posting, Patty.

Thinking of you, Maury.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I just got off the phone with Maury. As Jim said, Maury had a 3 or 4 paragraph update ready to post and it disappeared. That was a lot of work for him to type and he said he doesn't know when he'll get back to it again. He told me it was okay if I posted for him.

He was in the hospital for 3 1/2 weeks with pneumonia. He remembered checking in with a fever and then a week later, sort of waking up from a dream state. He didn't remember the conversations he had with people. He was told he yelled at people and told them to go away but he has no recollection of it.

He's trying to get some strength back and finds himself tired all the time. He did manage to get to work today and yesterday for 2 hours each day. To top it off, with the pneumonia, kidney issues, pain meds and chemo, somehow he broke a rib in his back. The pain is really bothering him at night when he tries to sleep. They are looking into alternate ways to handle the pain. His plan for now is to get some strength back.

That is awful news. Can he have visitors? Where is he? At what hospital?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting the update, Patty.

Maury: You're always in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting, my friend!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Add my thanks for calling Maury and updating us, Patty. I hope you told him that we're all pulling for him.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Thanks so much for the update, Patty! Maury is never far from my thoughts and I certainly hope he can regain his strength.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

Yes, thanks for the update. Sounds like some challenges ahead, but keep up your spirits, Maury!!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by plantpixie
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1360178713' post='22318865

That is awful news. Can he have visitors? Where is he? At what hospital?
He's not in the hospital. Right now, he and Beth are living at his brother's condo since it has a master bedroom on the ground floor and he isn't up to stairs, as he has in his and Beth's home.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Yeah, thanks a lot for the update, Patty. Maury, if you read this thread, keep fighting, buddy. We are in your corner and thinking of you often.

Quick Reply: Chemo Update