S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Changing the clocks- Does it get to you?

Old 11-08-2017, 04:55 AM

Received 3,191 Likes on 1,845 Posts
Default Changing the clocks- Does it get to you?

There has been talk in MA staying with Daylight Savings Time and not "falling back" an hour in the fall. Nothing is going to happen unless other states joined in. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. Prior to the clock change last weekend, the mornings were so dark, it makes it tough to get going, so I welcome the light a bit earlier. On the other hand, the early PM darkness isn't great either. I do recall one year when we didn't change the clocks due to energy crisis? Anyone else recall that? If they do not change the clocks there is talk that school would have to start later, etc. This would obviously create a problem for parents that need to get to work at a specific time. It's already a real balancing act for most people now.

I find it takes a week for my body to adjust to the "new time" I don't know why one hour makes such a difference but it does. I'm dragging, and all I want to do is hibernate. I had to really talk myself into attending my classes at the Y last night, no motivation at all.

Do you find it takes a while for your body to adjust to the time change?
Old 11-08-2017, 05:33 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

For me the change in the fall is worse, it takes me about 3 days to get used to it. I don't seem to have a problem in spring.
Levi
Old 11-08-2017, 05:43 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm in favor of the proposed change.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,486 Likes on 1,892 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
For me the change in the fall is worse, it takes me about 3 days to get used to it. I don't seem to have a problem in spring.
Levi
It's the opposite for me. I hate to lose an hour but I like the fall back change. If I had to work I probably wouldn't feel this way, though.

Do you think the climate where you live makes a difference in how you feel about the time change?
Old 11-08-2017, 07:23 AM

Received 773 Likes on 527 Posts

No big deal. I like the longer days in the summer.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras
It's the opposite for me. I hate to lose an hour but I like the fall back change. If I had to work I probably wouldn't feel this way, though.

Do you think the climate where you live makes a difference in how you feel about the time change?
For me, it might. The days aren't very bright and it's cold so not much time spent outdoors. Changing of the clock means winter is on it's way. Either way, we are only going to get "X" number of hours of daylight at this time of year, which makes for a lack of motivation for me. My body, responds to more light, so the "spring ahead" clock change is much more welcome. Sometimes I think I should get one of those bright lights and hang in in our room, program it to come on around 5:00 AM so I could get some extra light. Rick is not in favor of this.

I start to feel more alive when the days start to get longer again.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey
For me, it might. The days aren't very bright and it's cold so not much time spent outdoors. Changing of the clock means winter is on it's way. Either way, we are only going to get "X" number of hours of daylight at this time of year, which makes for a lack of motivation for me. My body, responds to more light, so the "spring ahead" clock change is much more welcome. Sometimes I think I should get one of those bright lights and hang in in our room, program it to come on around 5:00 AM so I could get some extra light. Rick is not in favor of this.

I start to feel more alive when the days start to get longer warmer again.
I fixed it for you, Lainey.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:38 AM

Received 5,758 Likes on 3,393 Posts

It confuses my dog.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:52 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by dlq04
It confuses my dog.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras
I fixed it for you, Lainey.
Warmer is good, but surprisingly, I can deal with the cold weather a bit better when it's not dark at 4:30 in the afternoon. I'm also STARVING, not sure what is up with that. Bears eat a lot before they hibernate, right?

Quick Reply: Changing the clocks- Does it get to you?