S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Casey Anthony not guilty?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 AM

Received 3,206 Likes on 1,856 Posts
Default Casey Anthony not guilty?

Casey Anthony is not guilty of killing her child? What planet are those jurors on? Could they really have taken the BS the defense threw their way and decided that was the "reasonable doubt" a juror is informed of?

I'd be puking if I was on that jury.

So what happened to that little girl? I know that is not a question the jurors had to answer, but please it had to be in their minds at all times.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the prosecution was overreaching in seeking the death penalty. And I don't think the jury was very happy with its own verdict. There were just too many gaps in the prosecution's case.
I'm sure that most of us have a pretty good idea of what happened to the little girl. CA was found "not guilty"; she wasn't found to be innocent.

This is just more evidence to me that Floridians can't vote worth a damn.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:05 AM

She's about as not guilty as OJ was.

Disgusting.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:06 AM

If there is a hell, I hope she and her defense team get the "Fast Pass" to go there when it's their time.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

What we have to remember is "WE" hear what is told to us by the news media, the jurors actually hear the case. They have been sequestered for a very long time without the "benefit" of the media's help. I do believe that they voted according to what was presented to them by the attorneys and not by a reporter who is looking for a paycheck, but that's just my opinion.

Perhaps[s, next time the prosecutor will avoid laughing during opposing counsel's closing, very bad form, maybe bad enough to have swung a juror or two, but again it's just my opinion.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 AM

So many unanswered questions. I know the jury didn't have to get answers to those questions in order to reach a verdict, however, something happened to that child, I don't believe with one ounce of my being that it was an accident.

I guess the prosecution didn't prove it's case.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:54 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't know what else the prosecution could have done, with the exception, of having a video of the entire murder of this child and the disposal. A real travesty!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

With the lack of evidence, including even a cause of death, I am not surprised on the verdict. The jurors likely said they all believed she did it, but not being positive (based on evidence) they could not convict.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
So many unanswered questions. I know the jury didn't have to get answers to those questions in order to reach a verdict, however, something happened to that child, I don't believe with one ounce of my being that it was an accident.

I guess the prosecution didn't prove it's case.
No, they didn't, but I don't think they can be faulted for it. The body went undiscovered for too long, so no cause of death or much of anything else in the way of forensic evidence. The tropical storm that blew through the area didn't help matters either.

I was rather amused by Cheney Mason's bloviations on how "disgusting" the media was in covering this case. Particularly after the contemptible hatchet job the defense performed on father's character during the trial. Without even a hint of evidence to support any of it, no less.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,751 Posts

The head of the prosecutor's said it best. It was a "dry bones" case. No evidence directly linking her to Caylee's remains, because she was in that swamp for six months. Strong circumstancial case, but not enough. I guarantee those jurors know she did it. I'd hate to be one of them, having to live with myself knowing a murderer got off. Her parents just up and walked out of the courtroom. Where can Casey go - home with the family she threw under the bus? She has no skills, she has no future. I expect she will be living in her own personal hell for the next 60 years. Unless she does something else, which some have speculated she will - just like OJ. She is an evil, evil person.

Quick Reply: Casey Anthony not guilty?