S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Buying jeans....

Old 10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey,Oct 9 2009, 10:51 AM
ick, ick ick, I don't like spandex in the jeans.

I don't need spandex in the jeans. I need jeans that are cut for a short, 50+ year old woman, not a 17 year old stick girl, and I don't want "Mommy jeans."

My old jeans (no spandex) fit just fine. Slightly below the waist, no bagging in the back of the waist, the back pockets are where they belong too. Why do they discontinue the stuff we like?
..and I won't even try them on if they don't have some spandex. I am quite a bit bigger than you, Lainey. I need the stretch. The last jeans I bought were a variation of Levis, and I bought them at Kohl's, on sale. Kohl's always has sales. I tried to wear them in Colorado and they were a bit uncomfortable. I hate my Buddha belly. No exercise for 9 days. Gotta get back to the gym, etc.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

I don't mind spandex in some pants, but just a little. I don't care for what they call "stretch denim. As a matter of fact, I confirmed by looking at the tags, that my favorite jeans do, in fact have 1% spandex. Maybe flts was right. I too need spandex.

I still think there is a difference between a bit of spandex and stretch denim? I also found out that they sell short length and petite. I think that's my problem with the Levi's, they are short in length, but still not cut for me.

I confirmed that my jeans are indeed discontinued. The woman at Lee suggested another style close to mine. They are also 99% cotton 1% spandex and fit slightly below the waist...I hate to pay shipping just to send them back, but I may give them a try. But first I'm going to again check the local Vanity Fair outlet to see if they have any in stock.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey,Oct 9 2009, 02:24 PM
I confirmed that my jeans are indeed discontinued. The woman at Lee suggested another style close to mine. They are also 99% cotton 1% spandex and fit slightly below the waist...I hate to pay shipping just to send them back, but I may give them a try. But first I'm going to again check the local Vanity Fair outlet to see if they have any in stock.
I hate paying shipping too, especially to return something. That's why I never order jeans from LLBean or Lands End. Well, not anymore, I should say. I don't know what stretch denim is. Must be the kind with 3% or more, spandex.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:04 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Oct 9 2009, 04:25 AM
I'm a walking billboard for Chico's, but their jeans are in the $65 range, unless you get them on sale. Their sizes run from 0-3: SIZE 0 - US 4/6; SIZE .5 - US 6/8; SIZE 1 - US 8/10.
For true sticker shock, try Lucky Brand jeans. Even more expensive than A&F
Old 10-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,010 Likes on 588 Posts

[QUOTE=Lainey,Oct 9 2009, 02:03 PM]Those shoes out there are either meant for hookers, or old ladies. Having a tough time deciding which group
Old 10-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Member (Premium)

^Why do those shoes make me think of an anteater?
Old 10-09-2009, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by buckeyesue,Oct 9 2009, 07:37 PM
Lainey, I saw the neatest pair of shoes for you.

These shoes would be very good for you, especially if you can't find the right length jeans.

New Shoes for Lainey...
Excellent. They will make me look very tall.....Patty, is right, looks like little ants on them too.

Well I this evening. Bought two pairs of jeans with 2% spandex. A bit more stretch to the material, than I like, but they are the dark color, they don't look worn out and faded, they are petite, not just short, they don't need to be hemmed and they sit below the waist. I'm not totally crazy about them, but at $21.00 each I'll learn to live with them.

For good measure, I ordered two pairs of "Natural Fit" jeans directly from Lee. That is the style the woman said was closest to the ones I have. 1% spandex, petite sizing and free shipping. The most I have to lose is the shipping to send them back. $28.99 each

If I end up with four pairs of new jeans, I won't have to buy any again until retirement, and trust me, that's a long time away.

I swear this was almost as bad as bra shopping. Way too much time and effort was spent on this this week, but I had fun with you guys and appreciated the posts while I was
Old 10-10-2009, 04:28 PM

Washed them and am now wearing my new jeans. They are comfortable, they look way better than my old ones, but think I prefer less spandex in jeans. I don't like the "give" these seem to have. I prefer a more snug, but not tight fit when I put on freshly washed jeans, and I don't like that "baggy pants" feeling after wearing them a short time.

These are way too giving.........to prove it, I ate too much for dinner.

But for $21.00 and no alterations, I'll get used to them.

My sister from Maine was in town today. On her "to do" list was to hit the Vanity Fair/Lee outlet. Wonder if she'll have luck first time around.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess we men have it easy. Costco jeans for me for years.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Member (Premium)

^Guys aren't as curvy as women so it's easier to find a fit, is what I'm thinking.

Quick Reply: Buying jeans....