S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Baseball 2012

Old 04-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts
Default Baseball 2012

It's that time again! Looking forward to some better baseball from the Nats this year. They've already played one good game against the Cubs.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 PM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Phillies are not the team they were the last 4-5 years. Injuries and age will make this a difficult season for them and the Marlins, Nats and Mets will be moving in for the kill.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Member (Premium)

I have tix to the Phillies on 5/5. The Nats sold tix to that series ahead of time, with the caveat that they could only go to peeps who live in MD, VA, and DC. In recent years, the Phillies fans have overrun the stadium and not been particularly nice. So the management is trying to counteract that. We'll see how successful it is on game day. Nats playing pretty well so far.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Some Phillie fans are obnoxious jerks. Opposing fans and friends I know have had beer and food thrown at them at Phillies and Eagles games if they dare root for the opposing team. They even booed Santa Claus during an Eagles game.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disclaimer: I am a Phillies fan. With that being said, I would have to highly disagree with your misconception about Philadelphia sports fans. Yes, you could use multiple stories against us about just how terrible of fans we can be, but the things we do right and never recognized. Take for instance last night, after the Marlins intentionally walked Carlos Ruiz to load the bases with Freddy Galvis on deck, fans began chanting "Freddy, Freddy, Freddy!" this sparked Freddy to hit a 2 RBI double down the line, just his second hit of his short career. To say we are terrible fans is just berating our city, it's not our faults that the actions of very few idiotic fans take away from our faithful fans.

On a side note, really looking forward to watching the Nationals this season, they look to be an exciting team for many years to come. There promotion to keep out Phillies fans show though that the organization still doesn't have it figured out, mainly because the only people that actually cared were the Phillies fans who want to make the trip down I-95. Don't worry, they will still come.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by tbp5022
Disclaimer: I am a Phillies fan. With that being said, I would have to highly disagree with your misconception about Philadelphia sports fans. Yes, you could use multiple stories against us about just how terrible of fans we can be, but the things we do right and never recognized. Take for instance last night, after the Marlins intentionally walked Carlos Ruiz to load the bases with Freddy Galvis on deck, fans began chanting "Freddy, Freddy, Freddy!" this sparked Freddy to hit a 2 RBI double down the line, just his second hit of his short career. To say we are terrible fans is just berating our city, it's not our faults that the actions of very few idiotic fans take away from our faithful fans.

On a side note, really looking forward to watching the Nationals this season, they look to be an exciting team for many years to come. There promotion to keep out Phillies fans show though that the organization still doesn't have it figured out, mainly because the only people that actually cared were the Phillies fans who want to make the trip down I-95. Don't worry, they will still come.
I am a Phillies fan as well and I did not say all fans are obnoxious but there are a greater majority of unruly fans here than most ball parks. The same holds true for Eagles fans. Like it or not those are the facts.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Yep...it's true. Nats continuing to win. They almost blew it against the Reds the last game, but came back in the 10th.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Member (Premium)

Nats won again vs the Reds in 13 innings. I was about to go to bed when they loaded the bases and Werth hit a single. So they are now 6-2!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Member (Premium)

Nats win again 4-1 - are 7-2 and in first place. My teams were awesome today!!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:10 AM
Member (Premium)

Nats are on a roll!! Came back to beat the Astros last night. They are 10-3!

Quick Reply: Baseball 2012