S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Banned from the site

Old 01-16-2004, 02:50 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally posted by fltsfshr
forgive me for being dumb but

what and where is the corner?

thanks

fltsfshr
"The Corner" is in Off-Topic. Brantshali is one of the moderators.

The corner that we refer to such as, "our little corner of S2KI" is the abstract place set aside for a forum.

I hope that answers the question and doesn't further confuse it.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brantshali
Old 01-16-2004, 04:15 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Thanks, Brant for your explanation. I must, however, say to you and anyone else out there who has the perception of those of us on the Board as being in need of canes and walkers, etc., or who relate us to their parents or grandparents -- WRONG!!! Many of us are the baby boomers -- we constitute the MAJORITY of the population of the United States and we're the ones who ushered in civil rights, we participated in sit-ins and demonstrations, and we still demand that government answer our questions. We demanded social reform, freedoms to express ourselves and many other little freedoms that led to the younger folks on this forum having the freedoms to use the language they use and also, to have as much disposable income as they do -- we've been very gratuitous with our kids. Many of the people on this board have fought in wars to give all of us a free country in which to live -- they've also fought for the freedoms of others in countries far away. We've sacrificed our brothers and friends to fight foreign wars for the sake of liberty. (My first love was killed in Viet Nam -- many of my high school and college classmates were killed in wars overseas). My brother fought in Bosnia and then in Kosovo and served as a soldier for our country for his entire lifetime. Many of the people on this board were using computers before many of the young people on this board were born. Also, our generation knows all the stuff the kids think they invented -- many of our generation freely experimented with msp, weed, and other things (too numerous to mention), enjoyed rock concerts (surprise . . . youth of today . . . we're the ones who made Woodstock happen). We concern ourselves with what's happening in government, with what's happening globally and the biggest surprise of all -- we are not stupid old doddering idiots getting in your way on the highway. Overall I believe that the people on the Vintage Forum are unique to our generation in that they bought a car that enables one to drive at high rates of speed with a glorious driving experience and that, in and of itself, makes us special. We are not a bunch of broken down old fogies -- we know firsthand of what you speak and just because you use some abbreviations that we are not yet aware of (we all know what popo and wtf means, though) -- we have done all that the kids think we haven't done and we've made choices about who and what we want to be. We have also learned the value of patience -- mainly because we had to deal with rearing kids!!!! Blessings to the Vintage Forum and again, CThree and those of you who made it happen -- THANKS!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 04:55 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by valentine
Thanks, Brant for your explanation.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,956 Likes on 1,749 Posts

Old 01-16-2004, 05:14 AM

Gee Val, why don't you tell us how you really feel?!?
Old 01-16-2004, 05:22 AM

YOU GO GIRL!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 05:45 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Oh, no -- the secret is out -- I was a somewhat radical semi-flower child of the 60s -- thought it was noble to float upstream!!! And look what happened -- we made changes!!! Who can deny that we have more freedoms and fought against the oppressions caused by prejudice and produced changes for the common good? It saddens me that lots of our young people don't understand that we were considered freaks because we wanted people regardless of race, country of origin or gender to be able to eat in the same restaurants we had, drink from the same fountain, sit in the same seats in theatres, buy houses in the same neighborhoods, GET AN EDUCATION, etc. as the racial majority. Don't you guys remember what it was like when we were younger? One of my friends was beaten beyond recognition because she had the nerve to date a person from another race!!!! My great-great grandmother had to hide the fact that she was native american in order to "fit in" with society. [don't get me started . . . I feel a rant coming on] . I refuse to be boxed in with any so-called group -- whether it be called a group of "old people" (which we are not) or by any classification that sets me off into some corner of obsolescence. The first members of the Baby-Boom generation turned 50 in 1996. Some 75 million Americans were born in the years 1946-1964. From 2010-2030, the population of elderly aged 65 to 84 is expected to grow 80 percent, while the population aged 85 and over would grow 48 percent. In contrast, the population under age 65 would increase only 7 percent. So, ladies and gents, lets pull out our placards, put on our sandals and bell-bottoms, stand up for our beliefs and LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:53 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,956 Likes on 1,749 Posts

Do I feel another thread coming on???
Old 01-16-2004, 06:01 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally posted by MsPerky
Do I feel another thread coming on???
Should we call it, The Boomers (no, somebody may confuse it with bloomers (as in old fashioned underwear), or the majority speaks, or the radical rowdies?

Quick Reply: Banned from the site