S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Banned from the site

Old 01-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally posted by matrix

understanding our perspective can give you a different angle and us, understanding yours, will give us the same....
You know, that is the essence of Vintage. We discuss things from every point of view so that we can all learn and see things more clearly.

Maybe if Eric would pop in once in a while and participate we'd all understand each other better. That would be good.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I appreciate the offer but I spend almost all of my time in Site Info, Moderators and Community Organizers. What little time I have left I spend in Racing and Competition cause that's what I love. I do take time to browse other parts of the site from time to time.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally posted by cthree
I appreciate the offer but I spend almost all of my time in Site Info, Moderators and Community Organizers. What little time I have left I spend in Racing and Competition cause that's what I love. I do take time to browse other parts of the site from time to time.
Any time you have a few minutes, stop in and say hello.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

As a member of the second least liked group on the boards (the mods...the first least liked being the management ) I'm trying to search out threads like this an others (usually in Off-Topic since that's "my" forum) to gauge how the users on the board feel about the state of things as well as trying to diseminate the facts of contentious situations where I can to help the discussion (argument ) be as productive as possible.

Why, you ask? Because I'm not vintage...I'm not strictly a and I'm not an S2000 owner, either. I'm an automotive enthusiast that stays here because the COMMUNITY as a whole is the strongest I have encountered either on or off the web.

The Vintage forum has been a refuge for many people with a passion for the car and the experiences of life that didn't feel that many of the other parts of the board really suited their needs. So, the niche was carved out. Like the rest of the board, it is the USERS here that make it work. We, the mods and COs on s2ki are here to help keep enough order to ensure that people act as respectfully as possible while treading the line of not censoring or otherwise making the board what WE want it to be vs. what the POPULATION of the board wants it to be.

Erik justifiably has a strong attachment to s2ki. It's his baby. Though he may not always like or agree with what goes on in a particular forum and he sometimes reacts with frustration, I think that is only natural when you watch your "child" grow up and sometimes go in a direction that you may not agree with or fully understand.

In the long run, however, I think this site is undeniably successful. I think the Vintage forum is, as well. The reality is that s2ki wouldn't be as strong without the strong communities in the diverse forums on the board and, conversely, the strong communities likely wouldn't exist without the basic infrastructure and guidelines laid forth by Erik and the other administrators of s2ki.

As I said on another thread not too long ago, it boils down to respect. We don't have to LIKE someone or something they say, but we all have to RESPECT it and act accordingly.

Considering the growth and expansion this site has gone through even in the time that I've been here I think we are all doing an admirable job and I hope we all continue to work together to sort out the problems as well as identify what we are doing right.

Ok, I'll shut up now. Thanks for your time.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Former Moderator

Sometimes I'm eloquent and sometimes I'm merely verbose. I think this was a case of the latter. Sorry...
Old 01-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brantshali
Sometimes I'm eloquent and sometimes I'm merely verbose.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Former Moderator

I think we're all protective of our little niches...which is why we react strongly when someone "outside" says something we find disparaging or less than complimentary.

One example is the Corner. Most of the board dismisses us as just a bunch of s, but the reality is that the relationships that we have formed are as strong as any you will find on this board...including Vintage. I'm not complaining, just stating how I see things.

It's a matter of understanding and perspective.

The balance is being able to feel that strong pride for our "home" while also acknowledging the equal legitimacy of the places others call home.

Though I don't always understand the Vintage forum or the perspective that some of you have from time to time, I fully understand why those of you that call it home DO call it home.

Whether I always agree with the posts or ideas in this forum, I commend everyone involved in making it what it is.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:53 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Regarding vintage members

I would suspect that the 200 or so members in here have lots more spendable income than most of the younger members.
We all seem to be pretty sucessful in our fields.

I was just reviewing the dollars I have spent through the sponsors and vendors who participate on S2kI. Gee I spent almost 5000 this last year and more the year before. My S sure looks nice. I had a good time at several events.

I would be interested in knowing just how much we have spent with various sponsors, events, and get togethers.

It would be an interesting and enlightening thread

fltsfshr
Old 01-15-2004, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the words of our wise and noble Vintage Dad (Ralper or Rapier), why don't you start a thread.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brantshali
Sometimes I'm eloquent and sometimes I'm merely verbose.

Quick Reply: Banned from the site