S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Banned from the site

Old 01-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally posted by cthree
See if you guys would stop bogarting the bong . . . )

I just had to quote this -- couldn't help myself . . . its way too funny
Okay -- Vintagers -- we've had our little wee-wee match -- let's party!!! . . . and whoever is on this man's \"nuts\" please get off -- that's no way for a gentleman or lady to behave -- besides, I conjure a mental picture this is not what I'd like floating through my mind.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brantshali
BTW...I'm still REALLY conflicted about whether to root for the Steelers or the 'Skins this next year.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brantshali
BTW...I'm still REALLY conflicted about whether to root for the Steelers or the 'Skins this next year.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

I have been at work all day, this is my busy season and I have not had the opportunity to participate in this thread. There are a few things that I would like to say.

fltsfshr I hope you have not been offended by any of the comments that have been made here. We value your participation in this forum, and we hope you will continue to be active.

Cthree, I notice that when you quoted posts that you found objectionable in this thread, two of the six quotes were mine. I'm not sure why you found these objectionable but that you point to them shows that you don't understand the Vintage Forum at all. We discuss issues, we try to look at things from every point of view in order to learn and grow. Our discussions are civil and exploritory. How you could object to any of the things that were said in any of these quotes is beyond me. We are adults and we think. We have opinions and we discuss them. We are not a cheering section.

I'd like to clarify something that you said. You claim to have created the Vintage Forum. I disagree. You simply made space in a corner of your site for this forum to exist. Neither you nor I nor anyone else created Vintage, it is the creation of all of those who choose to participate. It is the attitude and respect that the participants approach this forum with that makes it what it is. Quite frankly, this forum has been a success in spite of you, not because of you.

Finally, I wonder about something you've said. You say that this forum is one of the forums that irritates you the most. I wonder why. I am a community organizer and I have read every word that has ever been posted in this forum. I have not and do not see where the criticism has been so severe as you say. I don't understand your contempt for this forum. It seems to me, if anything, it has been a fine addition to S2KI. It has brought back many disenchanted members, given others a "place" to participate, an oasis so to speak. It has provided a corner for civil discussion and in general benefited the site as a whole. When my clients patronize my services I say thank you. I don't understand why you show such contempt for some of your clients.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bluerooster
Old 01-14-2004, 02:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
Old 01-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,956 Likes on 1,749 Posts

I've just returned to the thread and, as usual, Rob and I are in 100% agreement.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:02 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

all right take your shots.. it's not my fault i'm a defender of the freedom of speech. I was involved in another discussion regarding someone I didn't know in another regional forum. This discussion regarded banishment and respect. He was partially banned i believe.

Right after I read that, I wandered in here and say grannyrods post....my hackles went up. all of em and I vented a bit. I wasn't aware it was a put on. I thought it was another "banishment". I'm a firm believer in my personal freedom to express my opinion in a public forum created by a private company from which I have contracted services.

Anyway those of you I offended I apologize. To those of you I defended. I'd do it again. And to all of you I may or may not offend or defend in the future.......pass me the bong. ahhhhhh

And Cthree lighten up dude and here take the bong.

most respectffully

fltsfshr

ps rapier I got quoted twice too
Old 01-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by fltsfshr
.....ps rapier I got quoted twice too
I love it when you call our respected mod rapier
............it just brings up images of Don Quixote and his windmills
Old 01-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Gold Member (Premium)