S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Back on My Feet (Well almost)

Old 04-13-2005, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back on My Feet (Well almost)

Last Wednesday I was feeling poorly at work and came home. Later in the afternoon I was much worse and asked my daughter to take me to the ER. They performed an emergency appendectomy Wednesday evening. The doc told me no problem lapriscopic type surgery, small incision, one day in the hospital. Paula has been telling me I am weird for years and now she has proof. My appendics weren't where they should have been Which resulted in two large incisions and a stay in ICU. I now look like I had a cesarian section and open heart surgery

Anyway I'm home feeling much better but moving very slow
Old 04-13-2005, 09:19 AM

Bummer, Mr. C. Glad you getting back on your feet and that it wasn't worse. Sometimes these ageing bodies play tricks on us. Ask me how I know.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:51 AM

Glad your feeling better!

This is the first time I have heard of an organ not being where it is supposed to be? Where was it?
Old 04-13-2005, 10:31 AM

Received 3,206 Likes on 1,856 Posts

Ouch!

My sister had the same issue of "it's not where it's supposed to be." Don't think of yourself as weird, but "special."

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by matrix,Apr 13 2005, 09:51 AM
Glad your feeling better!

This is the first time I have heard of an organ not being where it is supposed to be? Where was it?
The Doc asked "Where does it hurt?" and it hurt just below my rib cage. She kept asking are you sure it doesn't hurt down here (lower on my abdomen). Apparently, and I only know what the Doc told me, as a fetus develops the intestines develop on the left side and move across to the right to fill the abdominal cavity. When mine moved across they got around the appendics and forced it up higher in the cavity than where it normally sits. So they had to find it, then extricate it from my intestines, then remove it. She even had a name for the condition and said it is rare but (obviously) does occur. The good news is everything developed normally it just got twisted up.

Lainey, one of my daughters favorite sayings is "I'm not weird I'm gifted!"
Old 04-13-2005, 01:57 PM

Glad to have you back, Corona....sorry your absence wasn't for something fun, like a drive down the PCH for a few days with the top down!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Corona_S2K,Apr 13 2005, 02:00 PM
The Doc asked "Where does it hurt?" and it hurt just below my rib cage. She kept asking are you sure it doesn't hurt down here (lower on my abdomen). Apparently, and I only know what the Doc told me, as a fetus develops the intestines develop on the left side and move across to the right to fill the abdominal cavity. When mine moved across they got around the appendics and forced it up higher in the cavity than where it normally sits. So they had to find it, then extricate it from my intestines, then remove it. She even had a name for the condition and said it is rare but (obviously) does occur. The good news is everything developed normally it just got twisted up.

Lainey, one of my daughters favorite sayings is "I'm not weird I'm gifted!"
You would think an xray or something like that would show that the "item" is MIA ....
Old 04-13-2005, 06:24 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Our best wishes for speedy recovery, Corona!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,751 Posts

Wow, Dave...quite a story. Glad you are finally OK. Maybe you'll end up in the medical history books.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by matrix,Apr 13 2005, 06:08 PM
You would think an xray or something like that would show that the "item" is MIA ....
Funny you should say this because that was exactly my thought. They did a CT scan prior to the surgery. I would have thought that would have shown exactly what was going on. I suspect that they knew going in and just didn't say. Which was fine with me, I was nervous enough.

Quick Reply: Back on My Feet (Well almost)