S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Attitude and changes

Old 09-23-2011, 10:06 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1316795237' post='20999349
As mentioned in another post, my shoulder was acting up. It took me by surprise. I've been very uncomfortable this week, OTC meds did nothing, and I finally dug into my drug stash (expired prescriptions still work ). Over the week, I found myself extremely short tempered and annoyed with stuff.
Is this the shoulder you had fixed or the other one? I also keep a stash of expired prescriptions on hand - great minds and all that.

I'm not having much in the way of actual joint pain lately, fortunately, but I've been experiencing some pain from the tendons and muscle surrounding my patella. It had to be cut free during my surgery in order to piece together the shattered joint, and it hasn't been the same since. Nothing unexpected there. I am unable to take pain meds, because I lecture for most of the day. And I can't be crabby at work, so I'm going to have to look for other outlets for my crabbiness. I don't think dance class would work for me.
I've had them both "Fixed" dean. 2009 and 2010. Rotator cuff tears on both sides. The left side also has arthritis/bone spurs and the like. That was addressed during the fix up surgery, but I must be "mindful" of the issues still there. It's been fine with daily activities, which is why I was having a WFT moment when it acted up after the class.

Are you sure you can't be the crabby professor?

If not, I think a dance class would suit you well. Just hop on the good leg.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Are you sure you can't be the crabby professor?

If not, I think a dance class would suit you well. Just hop on the good leg.
I'm sure it wouldn't be wise. Most of my students these days are budding nurses and doctors. The courses are stressful enough without me acting the prima donna. Besides, there's always the chance I could wake up in an ER one day to find one or more of them standing over me.

My lovely bride walks me several days a week; in addition to all the walking I do at work. I think that will suffice for me. I have an elliptical machine and a treadmill at home. My knee can't handle the resistance of the elliptical, and on the treadmill I find it next to impossible to limp and trot at the same time.
And when it comes to dancing - although I've never tried it - I'm quite certain that I would exhibit all the grace and coordination of a chicken with polio.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

I'm so happy that this thread is still alive! I'm also happy it has become a place to vent about other people who (hopefully) won't be reading it. Well my poopy attitude has its ups and downs and it would seem it mirrors the days I have the most pain. I'm learning to live with low-level pain but when it ramps up a bit . . . so does my poor attitude. BUT, at least the only person who shares my space the majority of the time wears clean clothes, bathes and does not smell like dog urine (or any other urine for that matter). OMG. I wonder if your co-worker is one of those animal hoarders and has become immune to the bad odor. Thinking about such things makes me retch. I too have quite a stash of pain meds and often consider getting into said stash but am holding off. I keep reminding myself that the side effects (for me) are almost as bad as the pain. i believe I still have a six month supply but I'm just trying to get by on otc stuff. Thankfully my mood isn't bad enough for my +1 to threaten me with a divorce . . . yet.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,490 Likes on 1,894 Posts

My left foot has been hurting for a couple of days and I'm hoping it quits today. With RA, I find I'll get a 3-day pain for no apparent reason. Well, it has been quite foggy lately, in the late night and early morning hours and that seems to bring it on. It hasn't hurt enough to make me crabby though. I too have some old expired pain pills but haven't needed them.

Yesterday, I did my volunteer job in the surgery waiting room. I had two women who came in quiet and reserved, worried about their man's surgery, but after a couple of hours, we were all talking and enjoying each other's company. I broke the ice with Ashton Kutcher on Two and a Half Men. It was a good shift and I know I helped everyone in the room. When I left at noon, one of the women got up and hugged me. Boy, did that make me feel good! So, I was replaced by the Thursday afternoon woman, Ester. I don't know what her problem is but she's really got a bad attitude. She walks in scowling. I hope she warms up after I'm gone and she just doesn't like me. I usually work Friday mornings and the afternoon woman, Sally, is always cheerful and smiling. We sit and chat for 15 minutes before I leave.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

^^ One of my dear friends from Virginia is visiting Myrtle Beach (up north of me) and I got a surprise call from her Sunday night. Jim and I went up and picked her up (along with her new boyfriend) on Wednesday. We spent the entire day with them touring all the nice places to visit in the area, had oceanside lunch and then toured, shopped and just plain laughed our heads off. I was totally exhausted Wed night but it was a wonderful, wonderful time. I can't remember when I laughed so much (but I'm sure it was probably the last time I saw Angela or maybe MsPerky), but it was great. The nasty old pain factor kicked in yesterday, but I was still so happy from Wednesday it wasn't as bad. Laughter is the best medicine!
Old 09-23-2011, 03:29 PM

I agree. Laughter is soooooooooo good for what ails ya!

Glad you had a good time.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Points taken from this thread:

Avoid valentine and MsPerky at future S2K gatherings.

<--I love this guy!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:07 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

So, I sat hear and read this thread that I so enjoy, (what's that about?) "find interesting" might be a better expression but "enjoy" is more accurate.
Anyway, having had an irritable day yesterday and a, "I don't want to do what I have to" day today. I took your advice, took a Vicodin and I feel much better now, thank you. As soon as I finish this post I'll start what I need to do.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

I failed to mention that I just about freaked out the other day. I drove up to MB to meet up with a fellow s2k owner for lunch. We arrived at the restaurant and I reached down to unplug my gps. When I pull the plug I always press my hand against the dash so I won't exert too much pressure, so imagine my surprise when the entire "guts" of the dash area with all the climate controls, etc. fell out. ie, I unplugged the dash along with the gps! Needless to say I picked up a really nice dessert item to bring home to +1 before hitting him with the news that I unplugged his dash. We went to the Jeep garage yesterday and they've ordered new parts. The damage is about $350-400. The dessert helped. I guess I won't be getting that new flat screen tv I want.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:07 PM

Gee Val, you shouldn't take your your anger on Jim's Jeep,.

Glad it can be fixed. Sorry about the cost, but it is a pristine Jeep. He's cared for it well.

Quick Reply: Attitude and changes