S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Attitude and changes

Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 PM

Received 513 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by speedjunky01
20 years later it still applies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao3Fu...e_gdata_player

I know how you feel something just breaks in your mind, a barrier or limit you put on your self so that you appear nice to the world and so you fit in. But after a while you just become overloaded with people's BS and the barrier doesn't get broken down it gets demolished and everything you always wanted to say spills out with little concern for people's reaction.
As I am seem to be on probation for some of my comments I am not going to make any regarding this post. Although, it seems to sum up my sentiment regarding the current situation even though this movie was a classic over twenty years ago.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:03 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Wow, Rob. All my female acquaintances think I'll not like my hair natural and that I'll probably color it again. We'll see. I am still continuing the "grow out" phase which will last quite a while. I went two days ago and got the shortest haircut I've had in a long, long time in an attempt to get as much of the processed hair out as possible. I can drive the S without a hat!!! YAY. That's a great feeling!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could get highlights while it grows out - sort of an in-between step I tried that but was just not happy with the results.

Of course you will also look "hip" having 2 different hair colors

Although usually the people I see with 2+ colors seem to choose something like purple
Old 09-16-2011, 04:00 AM

This was in the paper today from Dear Abby and I thought it worth sharing as a few items may relate.

Everybody experiences sadness at some point, but sadness that doesn't go away can actually be depression, a medical condition. Anyone, regardless of age, who experiences any five of the following symptoms for two weeks or more should discuss it with a mental health professional:

1. Feeling of sadness and/or irritability.

2. Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed.

3. Changes in weight and appetite.

4. Changes in sleep patterns.

5. Feeling guilty, hopeless or worthless.

6. Inability to concentrate, remember things or make decisions.

7. Restlessness or decreased activity noticed by others.

8. Fatigue or loss of energy.

9. Thoughts of death or suicide.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 AM

With regard to number 9 does that also include wanting to kill someone else?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:39 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

I think that is a different problem.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:03 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

I thought I may be depressed, but I only have 3 or 4 of the symptoms: irritability, sleep issues, inability to concentrate (on anything except a few things which I'll note in the last item on the list), fatigue and last but not least, #9, but I too feel as Raymo does. I do not wish to off myself, however, there could be an issue with offing someone else if I am provoked enough! I've identified my attitude has more to do with anger than depressed and I'm much happier now that I've gotten a few anger issues off my chest. Eventually I may move on to other big anger issues with regard to crappy medical practitioners who misdiagnose patients and yet charge megabucks for said misdiagnosis, other crappy medical practitioners who try to push shopping carts filled with drugs down your throat and a few other little agenda items. Oh, have a nice day!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:15 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
This was in the paper today from Dear Abby and I thought it worth sharing as a few items may relate.

Everybody experiences sadness at some point, but sadness that doesn't go away can actually be depression, a medical condition. Anyone, regardless of age, who experiences any five of the following symptoms for two weeks or more should discuss it with a mental health professional:

1. Feeling of sadness and/or irritability.

2. Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed.

3. Changes in weight and appetite.

4. Changes in sleep patterns.

5. Feeling guilty, hopeless or worthless.

6. Inability to concentrate, remember things or make decisions.

7. Restlessness or decreased activity noticed by others.

8. Fatigue or loss of energy.

9. Thoughts of death or suicide.
Hell, I feel all of the above.......and that is on a good day!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:48 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

^^ Sounds as if someone IS depressed! Use this thread to express all your crappy feelings as I did and you'll feel much better soon. I promise.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Val, I'm in the pi$$ed off at people corner today. I just went shopping. I'm not fond of shopping, yet I need clothes. I'm looking ratty. Jeans and T shirts only take you so far, but darn the clothes out there are ugly. As I looked at stuff that I would not wear in a gazillion years, I found myself getting annoyed, and then more so by the people around me. Pokey drivers, people with weird tattoos,(sorry Dean), people who seemed to forget to take a look in the full length mirror before leaving home. All of them annoyed me.

I bought nothing for myself, grabbed a few shirts for Rick and gave up.

I came back here to check in and post in this thread.

I have to admit I could be annoyed because it appears moving my arms about in my dance class has aggravated my shoulder (reaching and stretching may not work for me) and it's been bugging me since last night. I don't care to go down that road again, I will be most annoyed if I do.

Quick Reply: Attitude and changes