S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Attitude and changes

Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by Tachus
So this is what I want to add to this thread.
I just had a conversation with +1 who was being as concerned and as considerate as he could be whilst discussing the use of my CPAP machine. I've had one for two years and using it makes me angrier than anything else I know.
There is nothing right! It doesn't fit, it makes too much noise, it ****** I could go on but you don't want to hear the list.

This August, having scared myself silly by reading what can happen if I don't use it, (It's not like God made the **** thing) I decided I would try again. THERE IS STILL NOTHING RIGHT WITH THE ****THING.

Now I have to go and see the doctor who prescribed it, tell him I haven't been using it, listen to his speech just to get a new prescription to try another form of mask which I'm sure will be as much a piece of torture as anything else I've tried. It's no fun when your body starts giving you trouble!

I've been told that if I persevere I'll feel so much better, have so much more energy, etc. etc. but going to bed angry because of the torture machine has to be faced, is something else.
Sorry you are having such trouble with the CPAP machine. My father was in your camp. He was the most cooperative, compliant patient a doctor could ask for. He did was was requested of him, rarely asked questions. He had many health issues, but was most stoic and rarely complained. However, the CPAP machine was one thing he did give up on. He tried many times with no success.

I'm not trying to discourage you from using it, as I understand the benefits of the machine, but sometimes you have to decided if the medical "stuff" is really what is right for you.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:07 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
we've always tended to stay with local or small regional banks.
They "get it" and there service is usually very good, and if not we vote with our feet.

Screw BofA, they're a bunch of charlatans.
What wonderful news from BofA today, if I use my debit card I get to give them $5.00 for the "privilege." As I never use my bank card as a Debit card I will not pay the $5.00 but I have to check that there will not be a fee for just owning it.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:09 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by Tachus' timestamp='1317346181' post='21025407
So this is what I want to add to this thread.
I just had a conversation with +1 who was being as concerned and as considerate as he could be whilst discussing the use of my CPAP machine. I've had one for two years and using it makes me angrier than anything else I know.
There is nothing right! It doesn't fit, it makes too much noise, it ****** I could go on but you don't want to hear the list.

This August, having scared myself silly by reading what can happen if I don't use it, (It's not like God made the **** thing) I decided I would try again. THERE IS STILL NOTHING RIGHT WITH THE ****THING.

Now I have to go and see the doctor who prescribed it, tell him I haven't been using it, listen to his speech just to get a new prescription to try another form of mask which I'm sure will be as much a piece of torture as anything else I've tried. It's no fun when your body starts giving you trouble!

I've been told that if I persevere I'll feel so much better, have so much more energy, etc. etc. but going to bed angry because of the torture machine has to be faced, is something else.
Sorry you are having such trouble with the CPAP machine. My father was in your camp. He was the most cooperative, compliant patient a doctor could ask for. He did was was requested of him, rarely asked questions. He had many health issues, but was most stoic and rarely complained. However, the CPAP machine was one thing he did give up on. He tried many times with no success.

I'm not trying to discourage you from using it, as I understand the benefits of the machine, but sometimes you have to decided if the medical "stuff" is really what is right for you.
My intension is to try until the spring then what ever happens happens.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Hope it performs well and that you can get the comfort you need from it. Lots of people we know use them and love them. You're the first to report that you didn't like it. I've wondered about the comfort and figured it must be okay since so many friends like them so well. I'm not sure I'd be able to adjust, but if it helped me sleep better I'd certainly feel I had to try. (Which you have) Good luck with it. I saw the news about BofA and thought about you. My daughter banks there as well and I sent her an email which made her very . My only experience with BofA is the few times I've gone in to the local branch to make a deposit for my daughter and they always give me grief when I'm trying to put money IN THE BANK by telling me I need her account number even when I produce her SSA. I finally got a few deposit slips from her so I don't have to deal with attitude when I'm trying to make a deposit. Creeps! GRRRR.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
...My only experience with BofA is the few times I've gone in to the local branch to make a deposit for my daughter and they always give me grief when I'm trying to put money IN THE BANK by telling me I need her account number even when I produce her SSA...
I think you need to chill out on this one. Banks are the target of so many scams that they're very protective--and that's a good thing, or the scams would work. The deposit slips are a good idea. HPH
Old 10-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by DrCloud
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1317463458' post='21029991
...My only experience with BofA is the few times I've gone in to the local branch to make a deposit for my daughter and they always give me grief when I'm trying to put money IN THE BANK by telling me I need her account number even when I produce her SSA...
I think you need to chill out on this one. Banks are the target of so many scams that they're very protective--and that's a good thing, or the scams would work. The deposit slips are a good idea. HPH
I'm chillin' like a villain, Dr. C. BUT I think if I were taking $$ OUT of her acct, the attitude would be more understandable. There is, however, never any money in it for me to remove and that's the reason I'm up there making emergency deposits on her behalf.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Okay, got an early call from my daughter this a.m. Some of you know that her husband asked her to leave in Mar of this year. She was totally unaware of why, couldn't believe it and fell into a real depression and tailspin. HOWEVER, she moved (with only what would fit in her car) down here at the beginning of March, stayed with us a few weeks, got a cheapo apt about 20 mi north of here so she could job search (no jobs down here). She got a decent job that she started on Apr 1st, has moved into a nice apt just 5 minutes from here, has bought furniture a little at a time, has made great friends that she loves, gotten a promotion and is now managing a really cute little boutique, loves her apartment and is just really beginning to totally enjoy her life. Get this: the Total A**hole who dumped her is now driving here from TX because . . . he misses her. He didn't ask her IF he could come, he TOLD her he'd gotten a hotel room and he wants to see her. GREAT (said in sarcasm). She is fit to be tied, told him she is not willing to give up her life that she has here for him, yet he is still coming here. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I have had to hold this child while she wept bitter tears, try to help her get over her broken heart and now this! GRRRRRR. I do not think (but I really do not know) that she will move back with him. What I'm really thinking is that once again he'll open all the wounds she's just begun to get healed and he'll pull the same stunt again and again. I need a shrink. She needs a shrink. Dad needs a shrink, but Dad must be psychic because just the other day he told our daughter that she should prepare herself because he just knew that her husband would soon be coming down here in an attempt to fetch her back. GRRRRRRRR.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

^
Lousy situation, Val. Our babies are our babies forever. They hurt we hurt. Hope it all works out OK.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:04 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Suffice it to say this has been a hell of a year. This sitch isn't even the tip of the iceberg, but I shall survive.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:06 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

UHOH...she can refuse to see him. Do you think she will? Does he know where she is living? Get a restraining order.

Quick Reply: Attitude and changes