S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Attitude and changes

Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
....Wells Fargo demands deposits on billpay FIVE DAYS in advance and they zap the account FIVE DAYS before the bill is paid. I feel as if that is totally ridiculous. That means they're skimming the interest off all their customers for five days imho. I'll be closing out the WF account as soon as I can get my direct deposits changed over.
That ^^^ policy is really outrageous and sounds like it should be illegal???? Hey, we need for gov'mint regalationz! Reading all of this convinces me that we are really lucky with Citizens Bank. The bricks n mortar BUILDING has changed hands several times over the years, but their fees (assuming a pretty high monthly balance) are zero; cash moves the same day...whether to pay a bill on the due date or to Xfr between savings acct and checking (which I keep at a low balance + pad for my own errors )

Val is certainly correct that changing from one bank to another is a huge PITA....
Old 09-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

^^ I wondered about the legality of this as well, but I guess they have the out that you don't have to use their billpay. I just don't know, but I got a packet of info in the mail and a message from them verifying this. I'm going to miss Wachovia.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally Posted by Tachus
We are, unfortunately, with Bank of America. We didn't start there, they are just the newest owners of our branch. I dislike their practices immensely and am not at all sorry that they be going under. However, do we stay with who ever buys them or change to a credit union? Gene do credit unions have anything to do with international banking? We are back and forth to Canada so often that I need an institution that doesn't take three weeks to cash a foreign check.
Bank of America is horrible. I keep an account there with a small amount of money just so that I can use their ATM as I travel. The one thing that Bank of America does well, and the only thing it does well, is that they are everywhere. I can tell you some horror stories involving my clients and Bank of America.

If you want an excellent bank with the facilities to handle all of your banking needs try TD Bank. I use them for most everything including online bill paying. They are excellent and provide excellent customer service. They are open 7 days. The only disadvantage I've found is that they tend to be concentrated on the east coast. If there is a TD in your area try them.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

TD Bank is just arriving in our area as they bought out a bank here. I've seen their signs cropping up in several places. I read some customer reviews that were very favorable.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

GRRRRRRRRRRR. I just discovered that freaking Wells Fargo CANCELLED a huge payment of over $1k I had scheduled for two days ago to AmEX!!!!!!! I had purposely left more than enough funding in that crappy bank to cover this one last payment I had scheduled to AmEX before switching things over to another bank. Those buttheads CANCELLED the payment!!!!! I found out quite by accident when I logged in to Wachovia to be sure I had all my stuff moved. I immediately called AmEX and they were totally wonderful. I have had an acct with AmEx for decades and NEVER been a second late with a payment. Because I have a gold card (I'm thinking of going platinum after this), there is a "grace" period (which I never knew existed) and I had no late fees and will not be given a black mark for being 2 days late. I made the payment by phone using that $$ I had left in WF and buddy boy you'd better know I'm out of that place in a jiffy. I am so angry I could spit. The AmEx rep speculates that since I dis-enrolled from their direct billing to the bank, the bank cancelled the payment as well. I just cannot believe this, but thankfully I'm safe for the moment. I have this incredible dread fear that I've missed something else but I've tried to cover all my bases. I've gotten several notices that the changeover to Wells Fargo is occurring mid-Oct. Apparently they've started working and moving account info over already. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I think I need a drink . . . a really big drink.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:11 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper
Originally Posted by Tachus' timestamp='1317147819' post='21011885
We are, unfortunately, with Bank of America. We didn't start there, they are just the newest owners of our branch. I dislike their practices immensely and am not at all sorry that they be going under. However, do we stay with who ever buys them or change to a credit union? Gene do credit unions have anything to do with international banking? We are back and forth to Canada so often that I need an institution that doesn't take three weeks to cash a foreign check.
Bank of America is horrible. I keep an account there with a small amount of money just so that I can use their ATM as I travel. The one thing that Bank of America does well, and the only thing it does well, is that they are everywhere. I can tell you some horror stories involving my clients and Bank of America.

If you want an excellent bank with the facilities to handle all of your banking needs try TD Bank. I use them for most everything including online bill paying. They are excellent and provide excellent customer service. They are open 7 days. The only disadvantage I've found is that they tend to be concentrated on the east coast. If there is a TD in your area try them.
As I'm sure you know, TD is a Canadian bank, the only one to really get it right when they bought into the American market. Like you, I have stories I could tell but they are an 'ok' bank. They aren't in Michigan yet, as far as I know, but I will look out for them.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by valentine
GRRRRRRRRRRR. I just discovered that freaking Wells Fargo CANCELLED a huge payment of over $1k I had scheduled for two days ago to AmEX!!!!!!! I had purposely left more than enough funding in that crappy bank to cover this one last payment I had scheduled to AmEX before switching things over to another bank. Those buttheads CANCELLED the payment!!!!! I found out quite by accident when I logged in to Wachovia to be sure I had all my stuff moved. I immediately called AmEX and they were totally wonderful. I have had an acct with AmEx for decades and NEVER been a second late with a payment. Because I have a gold card (I'm thinking of going platinum after this), there is a "grace" period (which I never knew existed) and I had no late fees and will not be given a black mark for being 2 days late. I made the payment by phone using that $$ I had left in WF and buddy boy you'd better know I'm out of that place in a jiffy. I am so angry I could spit. The AmEx rep speculates that since I dis-enrolled from their direct billing to the bank, the bank cancelled the payment as well. I just cannot believe this, but thankfully I'm safe for the moment. I have this incredible dread fear that I've missed something else but I've tried to cover all my bases. I've gotten several notices that the changeover to Wells Fargo is occurring mid-Oct. Apparently they've started working and moving account info over already. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I think I need a drink . . . a really big drink.
My sympathy, be sure to have a second drink on me, there are days when you just need one or two!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:29 PM

So this is what I want to add to this thread.
I just had a conversation with +1 who was being as concerned and as considerate as he could be whilst discussing the use of my CPAP machine. I've had one for two years and using it makes me angrier than anything else I know.
There is nothing right! It doesn't fit, it makes too much noise, it ****** I could go on but you don't want to hear the list.

This August, having scared myself silly by reading what can happen if I don't use it, (It's not like God made the **** thing) I decided I would try again. THERE IS STILL NOTHING RIGHT WITH THE ****THING.

Now I have to go and see the doctor who prescribed it, tell him I haven't been using it, listen to his speech just to get a new prescription to try another form of mask which I'm sure will be as much a piece of torture as anything else I've tried. It's no fun when your body starts giving you trouble!

I've been told that if I persevere I'll feel so much better, have so much more energy, etc. etc. but going to bed angry because of the torture machine has to be faced, is something else.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:11 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Tachus
So this is what I want to add to this thread.
I just had a conversation with +1 who was being as concerned and as considerate as he could be whilst discussing the use of my CPAP machine. I've had one for two years and using it makes me angrier than anything else I know.
There is nothing right! It doesn't fit, it makes too much noise, it ****** I could go on but you don't want to hear the list.

This August, having scared myself silly by reading what can happen if I don't use it, (It's not like God made the **** thing) I decided I would try again. THERE IS STILL NOTHING RIGHT WITH THE ****THING.

Now I have to go and see the doctor who prescribed it, tell him I haven't been using it, listen to his speech just to get a new prescription to try another form of mask which I'm sure will be as much a piece of torture as anything else I've tried. It's no fun when your body starts giving you trouble!

I've been told that if I persevere I'll feel so much better, have so much more energy, etc. etc. but going to bed angry because of the torture machine has to be faced, is something else.
I know a LOT of folks who use a c-pap and have often wondered about the comfort. I even had trouble keeping a sleep mask on throughout the night. I often use it because ANY light source keeps me awake and our br has a lot of windows making it difficult to block all the light, especially when the moon is full. I find it hard to believe your medical professional cannot make the thing more comfortable for you. Grrrrr. I feel another rant coming on re: physicians!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

we've always tended to stay with local or small regional banks.
They "get it" and there service is usually very good, and if not we vote with our feet.

Screw BofA, they're a bunch of charlatans.

Quick Reply: Attitude and changes