S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Attitude and changes

Old 09-26-2011, 06:05 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
Originally Posted by dean' timestamp='1316990040' post='21004706
[quote name='raymo19' timestamp='1316989334' post='21004680']
[quote name='valentine' timestamp='1316983627' post='21004486']
I really couldn't care less what you think. You are one of those people who in the past has enjoyed stirring things up and ruffling feathers. Perhaps your attitude has changed. If not, I'll just ignore your posts. I'm waiting to see if you choose to follow your own advice.
Sounds borderline cranky. I approve.
I agree. I'm trying to imagine it as spoken by Andy Rooney. Pass that over here.
[/quote]

Happy to oblige, my dear.
[/quote]

Bless your heart
Old 09-27-2011, 12:46 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

^^
Old 09-27-2011, 04:04 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Just wanted to say that I'm glad to be home after 10 days on the road, and I'm not (yet) feeling cranky.

OTOH, I have a lot to do before leaving town again tomorrow afternoon for ANOTHER week, so I may get cranky later in this day.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by paS2K
Just wanted to say that I'm glad to be home after 10 days on the road, and I'm not (yet) feeling cranky.

OTOH, I have a lot to do before leaving town again tomorrow afternoon for ANOTHER week, so I may get cranky later in this day.

Well, fear not and feel free to post here of your crankiness. I'm sure we'll be understanding. I'm cranky because my bank has been swallowed up by Wells Fargo and I'm trying to decide to suck it up and deal or move my money. Such things make me very crabby!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

... I'm cranky because my bank has been swallowed up by Wells Fargo and I'm trying to decide to suck it up and deal or move my money. Such things make me very crabby!
Here's some completely unsolicited advice: JOIN A CREDIT UNION!!! I am not totally unbiased about this, as Bea was the CEO of a credit union before her stroke, but we get every service, plus some, that a bank provides, with no fees and much better interest on savings and money market account through our credit union.

I will never again grace the inside of a bank with my presence.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:23 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

We are, unfortunately, with Bank of America. We didn't start there, they are just the newest owners of our branch. I dislike their practices immensely and am not at all sorry that they be going under. However, do we stay with who ever buys them or change to a credit union? Gene do credit unions have anything to do with international banking? We are back and forth to Canada so often that I need an institution that doesn't take three weeks to cash a foreign check.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

^^ We do have accounts with a local credit union, Gene. We transferred from our former credit union in Va to a credit union down here. However, their online billpay system is sourced out and does not suit my needs at all. I'm contemplating just moving my bill paying account to another bank with whom we already have an account and closing out the Wells Fargo accounts. I just do not like their system for billpay and its a pain in the rear to change everything over. Please remember, we live in a very small county that does not offer all the choices, etc. that a larger town or city would offer so I need to have an account with a large national bank in the event we need to travel and need access to our funds.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Tachus
We are, unfortunately, with Bank of America. We didn't start there, they are just the newest owners of our branch. I dislike their practices immensely and am not at all sorry that they be going under. However, do we stay with who ever buys them or change to a credit union? Gene do credit unions have anything to do with international banking? We are back and forth to Canada so often that I need an institution that doesn't take three weeks to cash a foreign check.
Sorry, Katherine, but I can't answer that specifically. I think that would depend on the individual credit union, as they may have different policies. You might try this website to see if there is one near you that you could contact directly. http://www.findacreditunion.com/# I do know that my credit union ATM (debit) card works in Europe and Canada, as well as in all the US.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Member (Premium)

^^ We do have accounts with a local credit union, Gene. We transferred from our former credit union in Va to a credit union down here. However, their online billpay system is sourced out and does not suit my needs at all. I'm contemplating just moving my bill paying account to another bank with whom we already have an account and closing out the Wells Fargo accounts. I just do not like their system for billpay and its a pain in the rear to change everything over. Please remember, we live in a very small county that does not offer all the choices, etc. that a larger town or city would offer so I need to have an account with a large national bank in the event we need to travel and need access to our funds.
I understand, Val, and I know how difficult it is to change financial institutions. As I said, I am not unbiased about this! Like I posted to Katherine, I have traveled all over and have had no problems accessing my funds. That's especially true now with on-line banking.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Yep, Gene. My very first thought was to move my household accounts over to the credit union. Then I checked out their online billpay system and remembered that we have certain deposits coming into the credit union every month that take an inordinate amount of time to post. When I saw that they outsourced the online billpay I decided to look elsewhere. We still bank with a large national bank so I'll use their system. I really have been very upset about this because my former bank had a WONDERFUL billpay system and I had my account set up so that all my household bills were directly billed to my account. I had the option of paying the bill, paying a different amount or not paying the bill and the bank sent me an email when the bill came in. I had all my bills timed with direct deposits coming in, so no matter where I was or what was going on, all my bills were paid in a timely fashion. I cannot find another bank down here that has such a wonderful service. However, I talked with the bank where we already have other accounts and other than not being able to get the direct billing, the system is pretty much the same as what I had EXCEPT cash deposits are not available until the next business day. Cash deposits were available the same day at my previous bank. That's no biggy as I schedule things well in advance. Its just a total inconvenience to have to change everything. Wells Fargo demands deposits on billpay FIVE DAYS in advance and they zap the account FIVE DAYS before the bill is paid. I feel as if that is totally ridiculous. That means they're skimming the interest off all their customers for five days imho. I'll be closing out the WF account as soon as I can get my direct deposits changed over.

Quick Reply: Attitude and changes