S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

All Things Automotive

Old 09-21-2022, 11:54 AM

Received 3,796 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I thought this was a good assessment of where things stand with the move to EV's.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...s-powered.html

I think the mandate should be all vehicles be hybrids by a certain date of their choosing, rather than pure EV. I like the idea of a hybrid so I can have dual fuels.

Deep in my mind I truly believe North America can't handle 100% EV's , I have not studied anything on the topic, I'm no engineer or energy consultant, I just know how incompetent our leadership is and we are way behind on the electrical grid and electrical production capabilities (without the use of fossil fuels).

I truly hope Hydrogen becomes the savior in the market, so you can have fossil fuels, EV's and Hydrogen, I think you need all three. French fry grease can be the fourth option if needed.

I plan on buying an ICE vehicle a few months before they are outlawed in our dictatorship country so I can be grandfathered in place.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:58 PM

Received 5,794 Likes on 3,413 Posts

I was amazed listening Elon Musk on Jay Leno's show at SpaceX. Jay asked him about patents and he said he does not believe in them and doesn't patent anything. He felt they were just land mines to stop people from following you and maybe passing you.
Old 09-24-2022, 01:16 PM

In this day and age I find it very odd that auto dealers can't see the location of a vehicle that is being delivered to them. I have a new vehicle order that landed in Vancouver and it was put on a train 2-3 weeks ago. It then gets unloaded in Toronto and delivered by truck (we are about 1.5 hours from Toronto). As of today it is still showing as being " In Transit" . That covers a 3k kilometre range since they don't pinpoint the location. I think it only takes a train 3 days to cover that distance if I'm not mistaken.

When my son orders a $20 food delivery they can see the delivery moving every minute of the way to your home, a dealer can't locate a $35k vehicle within a 3k kilometre range though. My sales guy says sometimes the vehicles just show up on the lot overnight by the trasnport delivery company, and they don't even know until the cars are on site. Pretty lame given all of the location technology these days, they should hire Amazon to deliver their vehicles lol.
Old 09-24-2022, 03:16 PM

Easy to explain, driver's do not want trackers on them. And drivers are hard to find these days. hahahahaha
Old 09-24-2022, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Easy to explain, driver's do not want trackers on them. And drivers are hard to find these days. hahahahaha
yeah, maybe I should look into that line of work, it would be fun driving all makes and models off a truck like you stole them
Old 09-24-2022, 07:38 PM

Received 4,275 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
yeah, maybe I should look into that line of work, it would be fun driving all makes and models off a truck like you stole them
I had a job about 20 years ago at a full line GM dealer doing pretty much that, it was like having a huge car collection. Loved it most enjoyable job I have had.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (09-25-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 12:25 PM

I'm still amazed at how much attention the S gets nowadays. I took my S out today and stopped at a store and an employee stuck her head out of the door as I was getting out of it and yelled across the parking lot is that an S2000 O.M.G. is that REALLY an S2000? She found me when I was in the store and asked me if I was the guy who drove in, in the S2000 and then when I checked out she asked me if she could come out and take some pictures of it. Another young kid had pulled up next to it and knew what it was and all about it and I was talking to him about it. Then I stopped at Napa and one of the younger guys who worked there made a b line to the parking lot and was looking the S over and he went on and on about it, first thing he said after looking at it was I can't believe it still has the original brakes. He said to please, please let him know if I ever want to sell it he promised if he bought it he would take good care of it. The young man I was talking to at the first store I stopped at said the JDM cars are becoming so popular because of some anime' shows.
The first ten years or so I bought it nobody cared lol.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 12:30 PM

robb, good story. "The first ten years or so I bought it nobody cared lol." That was true of MGAs as well. Wait another 20 years and they will really catch on. We have had 17 new MGA owners in MI join our club in just the past two years.
Old 09-29-2022, 12:56 PM

I'm glad to see the younger generation enjoying the car hobby. I have met a lot of younger folks who are not only into cars but are very knowledgeable in repairing/modifying them.
The young man I was talking to at my first stop told me he had recently picked up a Mazda RX-8, he said because of the poor m.p.g., about 15 m.p.g., nobody wants them and he picked one up for 2500 bucks and his Dad has a shop that he works at so he can fix it there. The young lady in the store said she and her husband are big car people and they have done a few projects together in the past.
Old 09-29-2022, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by robb
I'm still amazed at how much attention the S gets nowadays. I took my S out today and stopped at a store and an employee stuck her head out of the door as I was getting out of it and yelled across the parking lot is that an S2000 O.M.G. is that REALLY an S2000? She found me when I was in the store and asked me if I was the guy who drove in, in the S2000 and then when I checked out she asked me if she could come out and take some pictures of it. Another young kid had pulled up next to it and knew what it was and all about it and I was talking to him about it. Then I stopped at Napa and one of the younger guys who worked there made a b line to the parking lot and was looking the S over and he went on and on about it, first thing he said after looking at it was I can't believe it still has the original brakes. He said to please, please let him know if I ever want to sell it he promised if he bought it he would take good care of it. The young man I was talking to at the first store I stopped at said the JDM cars are becoming so popular because of some anime' shows.
The first ten years or so I bought it nobody cared lol.
It's a chick magnet Rob

Quick Reply: All Things Automotive