S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

All Things Automotive

Old 09-13-2022, 03:33 PM

Received 3,796 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Chrysler 300 is also coming to an end , following the Charger and Challenger announcement.
Old 09-15-2022, 10:49 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,410 Posts

At least Ford will continue the Mustang with a 3.2L turbo and a rowdy 5.0 GT. All new model has been announced for 2024. No plans for a hybrid or electric coupe Mustang at this time. And Ford will continue to offer the 'Stang with a three-pedal option.
Old 09-15-2022, 11:54 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

I flew from Denver to Seattle on Monday for Roseanne and Jason's Overdrive Adventures Pacific Northwest meet. My rental was through Costco and Alamo, for a "sporty car". This is what I got/have, as the meet is still going on.

^ I didn't expect a convertible.

I've never driven an Audi before.

It's a 2022 Audi A5 Quatro convertible. It's surprisingly fun to drive.

Last edited by Kyras; 09-15-2022 at 07:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Heyitsgary (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 12:00 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,873 Likes on 2,084 Posts

^ A5 is nice cruiser, especially a vert. I've had a few Audi's and have enjoyed all of them.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 01:03 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Fortunately, my car’s tires passed inspection, so do not need to replace them now. Probably will in the spring. Gives me more time to consider what I want.
Old 09-15-2022, 01:22 PM

Received 4,275 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Fortunately, my car’s tires passed inspection, so do not need to replace them now. Probably will in the spring. Gives me more time to consider what I want.
I just had my snow tires put on today. I usually wait till late Oct. but the performance tires that came on my WRX were getting very thin on the edges so I didn't want to take a chance on them any longer. This will be the fourth season for these snow tires so they will be done next spring. I have another set of performance tires that came on my last WRX that have about 10k miles on them so I will put them on in the spring.
So next summer/fall I will need to buy 4 new winter tires for the WRX and the summer tires with 10k will probably only be good for one season so in spring of 24 I will be looking for new performance tires.
Like Jamie posted I have heard a lot of good things about the Firestone Firehawk indy tires so thinking about going with them.
The tire situation on my S is a mess. All the tires are like new but through a series of events I now have 3 different tires on it and they don't play well together so I may replace them next season.I
I had Pirelli P-Zero's on my Ferrari and liked them, they handled and wore well.
Old 09-15-2022, 02:16 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I have the Firestone Firehawk and am very pleased with them.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:16 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Thanks for all the recommendations.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:37 PM

Received 5,795 Likes on 3,414 Posts

I bought an Audi A6 with the idea it would be a good trip car to see family in FL. Only drove it there once; other times we flew. It hang well with S2000s in the twisties at Lexington, KY meet. Funny, most of the time it sat in the garage while I drove my old truck. Finally got tired of paying insurance for something I seldom used. Somehow I logged 33k miles on it with very few memorable drives.
Old 09-16-2022, 03:12 AM

Received 3,796 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
I just had my snow tires put on today. I usually wait till late Oct. but the performance tires that came on my WRX were getting very thin on the edges so I didn't want to take a chance on them any longer. This will be the fourth season for these snow tires so they will be done next spring. I have another set of performance tires that came on my last WRX that have about 10k miles on them so I will put them on in the spring.
So next summer/fall I will need to buy 4 new winter tires for the WRX and the summer tires with 10k will probably only be good for one season so in spring of 24 I will be looking for new performance tires.
Like Jamie posted I have heard a lot of good things about the Firestone Firehawk indy tires so thinking about going with them.
The tire situation on my S is a mess. All the tires are like new but through a series of events I now have 3 different tires on it and they don't play well together so I may replace them next season.I
I had Pirelli P-Zero's on my Ferrari and liked them, they handled and wore well.
My WRX factory tires were toast a few months ago and the car was getting squirrelly in the rain. The center tread was still there but the outside edges were pretty smooth as you noted Rob, just the way those tires wear.

I replaced them with Cooper Zeon, and I was really surprised that they feel better than my OEM tires in every way. The factory tires are no slouches either. I couldn't believe the difference in response and handling, and my car is super quiet on the highway. I never realized how noisy the factory tires were, but the new tires are so much quieter. I also like a higher treadwear tire, I was willing to give up some handling to get better treadwear, but the Zeons feel even better to me, I think the sidewall is stiffer as the response is much improved. Despite the higher treadwear the new tires seem to handle better.

Quick Reply: All Things Automotive