S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

All Things Automotive

Old 04-17-2022, 09:47 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
It's Mike, not Michael.
Only my mom gets to call me Michael and then only when she is scolding me and adds my middle and last name.
Ha ha
My mom, too; first and middle! I always knew I was probably in trouble. Maybe they know each other!

Last edited by S1997; 04-17-2022 at 10:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 09:50 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Ha ha
My mom, too; first and middle! I always knew I was probably in trouble. Must have known each other!

First and middle, I'm in trouble.
First, middle and last, I'm in deep trouble.
First, middle, confirmation name, and last, I'm grounded for a month.
zeroptzero (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 09:59 AM

Received 353 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
My legal name is Giuseppe.
That was my uncle's name. Giuseppe Paolo Servizio. But, his nickname in the US was "Paul". He and my beloved grandfather (Giovanni Augustino Servizio, whose nickname was "Charlie"??) were a hilariously funny pair and very good winemakers.
zeroptzero (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 10:53 AM

Received 3,794 Likes on 2,674 Posts

Originally Posted by hecash
That was my uncle's name. Giuseppe Paolo Servizio. But, his nickname in the US was "Paul". He and my beloved grandfather (Giovanni Augustino Servizio, whose nickname was "Charlie"??) were a hilariously funny pair and very good winemakers.
That is awesome Harry, the memories of old Italian family and relatives gets me laughing all the time. My full name is Giuseppe Antonio Mazzotta, I always went by Joe, Joseph, Joey for the English folks to pronounce easier. In Italy they also use the name Beppino or Beppe in place of Giuseppe.

My father's name was Pasquale for the first 18 years of his life in Italy, when he came to Canada he was always called Paddy for the last 50 years of his life. We named our Son Patrick.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:53 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,672 Posts

Originally Posted by tof

First and middle, I'm in trouble.
First, middle and last, I'm in deep trouble.
First, middle, confirmation name, and last, I'm grounded for a month.
When the ask what do you know about this court summons and why do we have to go? you know you're in deep doo-doo.
turns out I had a speeding ticket but was still a legal minor and my guardians had to show up.
I had to go to juvenile court.
I wasn't disputing the charge. I probably was approaching 90 in a 45 when I saw the cop and he saw me.
how do you plead? "Guilty" , then the juvenile panel starts mumbling amongst themselves.
"Excuse me your honor I do have a question?" hear deep sucking sound from my parents behind me....
Judge "what is it?"
" You honor I'm not contesting the charge I was speeding but could I get a clarification?
I was under the impression that clocking meant that the officer was pacing you with his vehicle but the officer was in the Leohman's parking lot at the top of the hill?"
so they re-read the ticket, cop lied on the ticket, they change the plea on the ticket to nolo contendre " due to the excessive honesty of this young man. "
"Slow down in the future son" Have a good day.

zeroptzero (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 11:12 AM

Received 4,275 Likes on 3,325 Posts

I'm watching a t.v. show and there is a scene where they are supposedly driving down the road in a car with a column shifted automatic transmission. You can clearly see that the shifter is in park while they are driving, why do they do this do they think no one will notice?
Old 04-17-2022, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
When the ask what do you know about this court summons and why do we have to go? you know you're in deep doo-doo.
turns out I had a speeding ticket but was still a legal minor and my guardians had to show up.
I had to go to juvenile court.
I wasn't disputing the charge. I probably was approaching 90 in a 45 when I saw the cop and he saw me.
how do you plead? "Guilty" , then the juvenile panel starts mumbling amongst themselves.
"Excuse me your honor I do have a question?" hear deep sucking sound from my parents behind me....
Judge "what is it?"
" You honor I'm not contesting the charge I was speeding but could I get a clarification?
I was under the impression that clocking meant that the officer was pacing you with his vehicle but the officer was in the Leohman's parking lot at the top of the hill?"
so they re-read the ticket, cop lied on the ticket, they change the plea on the ticket to nolo contendre " due to the excessive honesty of this young man. "
"Slow down in the future son" Have a good day.
Nothing better than a cop getting proven wrong by a smart-ass teen , lol. Nice work Jerry, that must have been a proud moment despite the circumstances. lol.
Old 04-17-2022, 02:30 PM

Received 353 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
the memories of old Italian family and relatives gets me laughing all the time.
And, it's such a close group. I just got off of the phone with my cousin Bette Zuppe and earlier today I spoke with another cousin Skippy Schiaraffa. Four of us cousins joined the Marine Corps together in '63, me, Joe Cortazze, Tony Schiaraffa and Skippy. We were all in Vietnam for a period in 1966. I still visit with Skippy every spring back in MA.
Old 04-17-2022, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by hecash
And, it's such a close group. I just got off of the phone with my cousin Bette Zuppe and earlier today I spoke with another cousin Skippy Schiaraffa. Four of us cousins joined the Marine Corps together in '63, me, Joe Cortazze, Tony Schiaraffa and Skippy. We were all in Vietnam for a period in 1966. I still visit with Skippy every spring back in MA.
Awesome experiences , thanks for sharing Harry, I thoroughly enjoyed the stories you shared of your Mother in the past too.

Food was such a big part of our family get togethers. I remember my father and my uncle Bert (Umberto)-both now deceased - sitting at the dinner table scarfing down my uncle's home-made sausages at one event. They ate 13-feet of sausage links that day between the two of them, the next day my uncle ended up in the hospital with gal bladder issues, lol.
hecash (04-17-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by jukngene
Looks like we may have a record awaiting on BaT: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...da-s2000-cr-7/
I didn't realize this S2000 C/R is owned by Graham Rahal, but it makes sense as his father owns dealerships.

Graham Rahal Is Selling His Flawless 123-Mile Honda S2000 CR (msn.com)

Quick Reply: All Things Automotive