S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

All Things Automotive

Old 08-03-2024, 03:39 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I never like him. He reminds me too much of someone I know and that guy is a crook! Wayne seems just like him.
Old 08-03-2024, 04:06 PM

Received 3,796 Likes on 2,675 Posts

I never knew much about him, but I always liked the show, I didn't love the show but when nothing else was on it was a decent show to watch. Kind of sad how the mechanic got screwed by him and the network, I think the network was more responsible than anyone , so sad the way they treated him. Wayne should have stuck up for him, and it is clear that he didn't.
The following users liked this post:
valentine (08-04-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 10:14 AM

Received 4,275 Likes on 3,325 Posts

I have owned over 50 cars and I gotta say I have noticed with my Subaru that the weirdest issues come up. I just went out to run a few errands in it and I noticed some small item at the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side inside were it meets the dash. I checked it out when I got home and it’s a piece of insulation that started popping up so I stuffed it back down. I bought the car brand new and have never replaced the windshield so this is apparently factory installation. Also have ripped weatherstripping around the drivers door which I have never had before. Both of these things seem to be common Subaru issues. In any case I still like the car and will file these issues under you get what you pay for.
valentine (08-05-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by robb
I have owned over 50 cars and I gotta say I have noticed with my Subaru that the weirdest issues come up. I just went out to run a few errands in it and I noticed some small item at the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side inside were it meets the dash. I checked it out when I got home and it’s a piece of insulation that started popping up so I stuffed it back down. I bought the car brand new and have never replaced the windshield so this is apparently factory installation. Also have ripped weatherstripping around the drivers door which I have never had before. Both of these things seem to be common Subaru issues. In any case I still like the car and will file these issues under you get what you pay for.
yeah things on Subaru cars can be a bit odd, I know what you mean. But overall they are small world problems, when you have manufacturers with engines that catch fire and big safety issues. I loved my Subarus, warts and all.

The new Honda Civic has issues with melting weatherstripping, it almost looks like it is scraped but it is just caused by melting.

I think all of these environmentally friendly materials are going to come back and haunt us in the next few years, I wish they kept the bad chemicals instead lol.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 08-04-2024 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-04-2024, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
yeah things on Subaru cars can be a bit odd, I know what you mean. But overall they are small world problems, when you have manufacturers with engines that catch fire and big safety issues. I loved my Subarus, warts and all.

The new Honda Civic has issues with melting weatherstripping, it almost looks like it is scraped but it is just caused by melting.

I think all of these environmentally friendly materials are going to come back and haunt us in the next few years, I wish they kept the bad chemicals instead lol.
You are right, I’m still happy with it and think it offers a lot for what I paid for it. There is a car repair show I listen to occasionally and in the most recent one he was talking about extended warranties and he mentioned he had a customer who just bought a new Suburban ( that was 101k) and the mechanic said he felt it was the right move for the guy to buy the extended warranty since the vehicle had so many high end options, it had some kind of fancy optional suspension and that alone costs about 6k to replace. He also mentioned in another segment how they are engineering motors with belts that run things in areas were they are surrounded by oil and how long are those belts going to last and how much is it going to cost in labor to replace them.
zeroptzero (08-04-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by robb
You are right, I’m still happy with it and think it offers a lot for what I paid for it. There is a car repair show I listen to occasionally and in the most recent one he was talking about extended warranties and he mentioned he had a customer who just bought a new Suburban ( that was 101k) and the mechanic said he felt it was the right move for the guy to buy the extended warranty since the vehicle had so many high end options, it had some kind of fancy optional suspension and that alone costs about 6k to replace. He also mentioned in another segment how they are engineering motors with belts that run things in areas were they are surrounded by oil and how long are those belts going to last and how much is it going to cost in labor to replace them.
A lady that worked for me got stuck on the side of a highway twice with her Hyundai, both times with engine fires. The first engine was the factory engine, it burned up on a highway drive and she had to pull over on the side of the highway. The replacement motor put into the same car by Hyundai also caught fire on a highway drive and she got stuck on the side of a highway a second time. All the work was under warranty but no person deserves to be stuck on the side of a road with a burning vehicle, once is bad , twice is inexcusable.
The following 3 users liked this post by zeroptzero:
jnewtons2k (08-05-2024), Kyras (08-04-2024), valentine (08-05-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 10:56 AM

A lady that worked for me got stuck on the side of a highway twice with her Hyundai, both times with engine fires. The first engine was the factory engine, it burned up on a highway drive and she had to pull over on the side of the highway. The replacement motor put into the same car by Hyundai also caught fire on a highway drive and she got stuck on the side of a highway a second time. All the work was under warranty but no person deserves to be stuck on the side of a road with a burning vehicle, once is bad , twice is inexcusable.
A lot of those fires are from brake fluid leaking on to electrical parts of the ABS causing a short and igniting the brake fluid so if they didn’t fix this issue and just replaced the motor then it will keep happening.
valentine (08-05-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 11:12 AM

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,036 Posts

I never knew much about him, but I always liked the show, I didn't love the show but when nothing else was on it was a decent show to watch. Kind of sad how the mechanic got screwed by him and the network, I think the network was more responsible than anyone , so sad the way they treated him. Wayne should have stuck up for him, and it is clear that he didn't.
I did not know the backstory and I am sorry to hear the details. I did enjoy the show.
Old 08-04-2024, 12:10 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,672 Posts

Carini is the kind of character that engages in self puffery.
It's not about the cars, it's about him.
zeroptzero (08-04-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 01:40 PM

lol I like that term - self puffery
valentine (08-05-2024)

Quick Reply: All Things Automotive