S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

All Things Automotive

Old 07-30-2024, 07:24 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,009 Likes on 2,672 Posts

I would love to go do a track day but I get concerned about vehicle damage.
I've seen to many clips of a driver getting out of sorts and collecting up other cars with him/her.
I'd be loathe to write off any of my cars without insurance.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 07:38 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,410 Posts

You can get track day insurance.
zeroptzero (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 07:45 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,873 Likes on 2,084 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I've seen to many clips of a driver getting out of sorts and collecting up other cars with him/her.
I tracked my S many times without incident. As long as you leave your ego in the pits you're fine, and don't drive like an asshat.
zeroptzero (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 08:13 AM

Received 5,794 Likes on 3,413 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
I tracked my S many times without incident. As long as you leave your ego in the pits you're fine, and don't drive like an asshat.
Same. It helps that Gingerman is laid out as probably the safest track in the state. I don't recall ever seeing any incidents there. Can't say the same for Waterford or Grattan.
zeroptzero (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 08:15 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,873 Likes on 2,084 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Same. It helps that Gingerman is laid out as probably the safest track in the state. I don't recall ever seeing any incidents there. Can't say the same for Waterford or Grattan.
I've seen a few, usually the last corner when the driver has had a brake issue/failure of some kind and end up in the tires.

Grattan is a nice track, but certainly more opportunity to have an off. I enjoy Gingerman, nice track.
Old 07-30-2024, 09:11 AM

Received 3,796 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
You did get a little carried away. But no more than me, when it came to the interior, which is shown in the photos section under my public profile.
Changing the entire profile of the center console and driver's door where major mods.
Coming from you that is a compliment Dave. I am going to check out your mods , they sound interesting.
Old 07-30-2024, 09:24 AM

Received 3,796 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
I was the head organizer of our events. One year a guy showed up a tad late for registration, and he was in a new BMW. He was running late and said his Honda had mechanical issues that morning, so he had to borrow his wife's BMW without her knowledge. He said his wife did not know that he was going to the track or that her car was missing.

For much of the morning this guy was running 12/10ths each and every lap, his tires (oem street tires) were squealing every lap and he was on the very edge. About five minutes into his second interval (20 mins each group) he came around the last 90 degree corner just before the final straight leading to the finish line ( where I was hanging out), all of a sudden we heard a huge bang, followed by a second bang, and lots of tires screaming down at the last corner. The asshat lost control of the rear end on the BMW and went straight into the wall ass first, the car then rotated violently and hit the wall a second time with the front of the vehicle, followed by a few donuts. The car was a good 4 feet shorter by the time he came to a stop. The guy looked like he had seen a ghost when he got out of the car, totally white. He was not injured but the car was a write off and could not be driven. He had to call a tow truck to take the car home. He didn't really want to go home as his wife was going to kill him. .He came up to me and asked if I would give him a statement to help with his insurance coverage , he wanted me to say it was a driving education event, and not a lapping day event. He was on the phone with his insurance agent at the time. He was the biggest asshat I ever seen at a lapping day event, I suspect dealing with his wife was going to be worse than the accident itself.
Old 07-30-2024, 01:06 PM

Received 4,275 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Jerry check out www.palmermotorsportspark.com they have cars you can use. Look in the arrive and drive section.
Old 07-30-2024, 04:04 PM

Received 4,275 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero

My wife gave me the nickname "goggles paisano" and uses it anytime I am speeding and driving too fast on the road and what used to be the tracks. A term that came from a very funny Flintstones episode where Fred Flintstone became famous racecar driver Goggles Paisano. lol, it gives me a good laugh to this day.

and we can't forget Goggles Paisano - aka Fred Flintstone in the Indianrockolis 500 race lmao

https://youtu.be/z0uOFaVpMlE
That’s really funny Joey
zeroptzero (07-30-2024)
Old 08-03-2024, 02:47 PM

Received 5,794 Likes on 3,413 Posts

This YouTube video "Tragic Accident Caused The Ending Of Chasing Classic Car" has a “click bait” title. There is no tragic accident.

However, it does reveal what cheap ass Wayne Carini is. It comes to light when Roger Bear, the mechanic who did all the restorations and who really made the show popular explained he was broke and could not pay medical bills because Wayne was compensating him so poorly. And then Carini fired him with a text. What an ass.

I was never a fan of Carini. I have seen him in person and how he treats people around him. I wouldn’t trust him for a second. That’s why he has been silent over the suit of the Pier Arrow Coupe.

I for one, hope he never returns.

The following 4 users liked this post by dlq04:
jnewtons2k (08-04-2024), sam_spider (08-04-2024), valentine (08-04-2024), zeroptzero (08-03-2024)

Quick Reply: All Things Automotive