S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

All Things Automotive

Old 06-22-2024, 03:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Patty, you got me interested in looking at BMW's, and I found this one, the X4 Coupe SUV.

It's very similar to your Crosstour, which I know you like. You may want to consider this.
I decided to go for the X5 for the cargo space. I will occasionally buy something large, like an office chair, and want one vehicle that can transport it. I'm used to the space in the 2017 Pilot and don't want to miss out on having a decent amount in a non-truck. The mpg is a tad better than my Pilot.

Old 06-22-2024, 05:31 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Nice, Patty! What car, if any, did you wind up trading?
The following users liked this post:
boltonblue (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 07:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

Hey @S2KRAY - A few weeks ago, you posted about a claybar recommendation. I may give it a go. Can you repost/share.

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2024, 08:02 AM

Received 5,795 Likes on 3,414 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
Hey @S2KRAY - A few weeks ago, you posted about a claybar recommendation. I may give it a go. Can you repost/share.

Thanks!
use Mothers clay pad with a detailing spray
Old 06-22-2024, 08:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,012 Likes on 2,673 Posts

and which version of the X5 did you land on?
Old 06-22-2024, 08:39 AM

Received 3,796 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
It has the Harmon Kardon stereo. I love it!!
I was going to get the top of the line VW GTi which was coming with the Harmon Kardon system, then we switched to the mid-level trim and we lost the HK system. The HK system did sound great, but I'd say our base system is almost as good, with the subwoofer deleted (one less speaker only) and the nice little HK appliques missing from the speakers
Old 06-22-2024, 09:08 AM
Member (Premium)

I've actually avoided the top Burmester sound system in the Mercedes S class because the subwoofer takes up so much trunk space.
zeroptzero (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 09:08 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by dlq04
use Mothers clay pad with a detailing spray
I never posted but I got two of the items Ray recommended. I've only done the hood on my Pilot but it's so smooth and the Mother's clay bar/pad is much easier to use than a true clay bar. I've been a fan of Chemical Guys V07 so that's what I used for lube. I applied the Klasse afterwards. Love it!

Old 06-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Member (Premium)

I didn't trade in anything. I *might* sell my 2017 NSX to Storm Mountain Motors (SMM) but I figure once I drive it there today, I'll remember why I love it besides the color. I'll just show it off and show it to my sales person, Julie, at BMW. It is a rare ruby. I may let Todd, of SMM, drive it to my house so I can bring my Pilot home. The BMW dealership is basically across the street from Storm Motors. I plan to get money from my Colorado Bond Shares to cover the X5 but that process can't start until Monday. My money-guy/financial planner/brother-in-law, told me I was mentally unstable if I sell my NSX. I need to sell my Pilot.

Originally Posted by boltonblue
and which version of the X5 did you land on?
Version? Does this answer your question? 2025 BMW X5 xDrive 40i. I bought a pretty inexpensive version. There was one that was about $20,000 more because of added packages. It's such a step up from a Honda Pilot and I'm not going into fancy Mercedes territory. My seats don't even have a massage option. My priority was the outside color (no black, white silver or gray) and a light interior. I wanted blue with a light interior but ended up with the Blue Ridge Mountain Metallic and a black, non-leather interior (Sensafin). I was surprised they didn't all come with leather at their prices but I like the material. I stick to the leather in my Pilot when wearing dresses but not in this car. I'm not even sure what all the gadgets are or do but it has the Premium Package which is Remote Engine start, Hamon Kardon surround sound, Live Cockpit Pro (whatever that is) and Gesture Control (silly). I was very glad it came with a trailer hitch so I can use my 1-UP bike rack on it. It's got heated front seats, armrests and steering wheel (nice) and 4-zone automatic climate control (ok). The lamest thing on it, to me, is rear manual window shades. Your pull them up to shield your kids. Not needed but it's already in there.

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I was going to get the top of the line VW GTi which was coming with the Harmon Kardon system, then we switched to the mid-level trim and we lost the HK system. The HK system did sound great, but I'd say our base system is almost as good, with the subwoofer deleted (one less speaker only) and the nice little HK appliques missing from the speakers
The sound system in the X3 was very disappointing which might have been the reason I went for the X5. I liked the blue color of the X3 better but I prioritized the stereo.
valentine (06-23-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Member (Premium)

Beware of the steering wheel warmer, In winter cold, it is quite addictive.
and the rear shades are called privacy screens.

So you have 4 in CO and 3 in CA now?

Quick Reply: All Things Automotive