S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

2006 Vintage Buckeye Run

Old 03-31-2006, 07:33 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I support all Vintage meets. I may not be able to go to some of them, but I support them all. The Buckeye Run provides an important Vintage meet that is easy for many members to attend. We should not limit the number of meets we have when we are so far apart geographically.

Carmen, if you have it this year, I will try to attend, but my schedule just happnes to be pretty well maxed out this year. But think about it. All three big meets are already scheduled near my house. Other members do not have easy access and I'm sure folks in the mid west would be very happy to hear you are hosting the Buckeye.

If you do skip it this year, please pick a 2007 date soon so we can all protect the date.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:53 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

[QUOTE=JonasM,Mar 31 2006, 09:44 PM] A viable option, I guess. At least Rt. 26 is a day trip if I get the urge.....
Old 04-01-2006, 03:34 AM

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

We will probably attend this meet again...! Rt.26...??? If so, we would meet "ALL" at Salt Fork, again.... Will be great to see everyone again....
Old 04-01-2006, 03:58 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JonasM,Mar 31 2006, 08:44 PM
I'd hate for it to look like we're messing with Fall Colors, but let's try for early October.

I'd also propose that we start the event with a dinner and a night at the Salt Fork Lodge (unless you feel your new place would still work).

It would be a shame to drop this one.

JonasM
May would also be a problem for me as my youngest daughter and her family well be comming in from Florida.
It would be a beautiful ride down Rt. 26 that time of year !
Old 04-01-2006, 04:45 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Mar 31 2006, 06:25 PM
Well, wait for SF '07, Val...right up the road. If you are still up for it.
I don't know, MsP -- +1 and I started taking a spring trip for r & r just the two of us a couple/years back when SF was just too far. If you guys remember, we did SF one year, FC and the Buckeye all in the same year. All of those meets took a minimum of 7 hours driving time one way. I've been hoping for a meet closer to my area for the past couple/years or so. My local club NEVER has any nice big meets over a weekend or anything like that and when they do have anything its usually at least 4 hours away for a car wash or a mod day and that's it . I got tired of having to drive so far to stuff, and it just takes wayyy too much of +1's vacation time, etc. He's been really great, but we'll do the Nor-Easter and I'm not planning on anything else for the future. We've spent a lot of travel time going to meets and I'm not willing to do any more travel than what I've planned so far. If something happens nearby and its good timewise, then I'll do it. I've just had to get used to the fact that I bought a unique car, not many folks within hours of me have them, my local club is just a group of young kids who don't really do any really nice tours, I've enjoyed the meets and met nice folks and now I'm moving on and if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't sobeit. Many of the vintagers have nice local clubs that plan really nice little events -- its just not happening here.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:30 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine,Apr 1 2006, 09:45 AM
I don't know, MsP -- +1 and I started taking a spring trip for r & r just the two of us a couple/years back when SF was just too far. If you guys remember, we did SF one year, FC and the Buckeye all in the same year. All of those meets took a minimum of 7 hours driving time one way. I've been hoping for a meet closer to my area for the past couple/years or so. My local club NEVER has any nice big meets over a weekend or anything like that and when they do have anything its usually at least 4 hours away for a car wash or a mod day and that's it . I got tired of having to drive so far to stuff, and it just takes wayyy too much of +1's vacation time, etc. He's been really great, but we'll do the Nor-Easter and I'm not planning on anything else for the future. We've spent a lot of travel time going to meets and I'm not willing to do any more travel than what I've planned so far. If something happens nearby and its good timewise, then I'll do it. I've just had to get used to the fact that I bought a unique car, not many folks within hours of me have them, my local club is just a group of young kids who don't really do any really nice tours, I've enjoyed the meets and met nice folks and now I'm moving on and if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't sobeit. Many of the vintagers have nice local clubs that plan really nice little events -- its just not happening here.
Aww Val, you know we love you. Let's start the Valentine Meet. Every year we all show up at Darlene's house.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,747 Posts

Well, next Spring Fling will be right up the road (more or less) from Val. Soooo...we can have a party at her house Fri night, then caravan over to whereever we are staying!! Don't me, Val.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Just let me know how many are coming so I can call a caterer and hire a bartender. It is not a lot of fun driving an hour or so to get onto an interstate to drive for many more hours to get to the long distance meets. I decided a long time back that I'm just not up for it anymore. If we had a nice regional club that planned (or were even interested in) a weekend or so a year a nice little meet like something most of the other clubs seem to do, then it wouldn't be so disappointing. I spend the entire year never seeing more than maybe one or two S2ks anywhere unless I drive for hours to get to a meet. I've enjoyed the meets I've attended and regret that there aren't more nearby, but there is no way I intend to torture myself and +1 by hours and hours of trying to weave through miles of semis and other traffic to get to spend a weekend with people, even if they're people I'd like to see.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

As an addendum to the above -- I'm not trying to be sour grapes or anything. +1 and I have a great deal of fun when we take the car out from time to time and the local corvette club has been wonderful about letting me come along in the S when they do things and its a lot of fun. We've done several wonderful drives with them to nice little country inns for brunch, etc. It would be nice if they did a little more real driving instead of just puttering along, but its still fun. I've tried to find just plain old sportscar clubs around here, but I live in the redneck capital of the world and all these folks drive are 4wd monster pickup trucks and suvs. I've reached a place that I'm content to just do my solo things and have fun with that, so its all good. I've gotten pretty involved with my dog training and spend an enormous amount of time with him and he doesn't fit into the car, so I'm cool.
The second love of my life:
Old 04-03-2006, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to chime in late here. Early October would be great for us, as July is totally out for us (west coast vacation road trip for us), as would be May. We won't be attending FC this year, as we are definitely going to the Nor'Easter and trying to attend both meets in the same relative area would be too much for us.

That said, if the official Buckeye Run is to be cancelled for this year, but there is to be something of an ad-hoc run, we'd like to be kept informed of that. We might be able to run over for it depending on what else is going on.

'Tis definitely something that is important for +1 and I to try to attend!!!

Quick Reply: 2006 Vintage Buckeye Run