S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

2005 Recap. Was it a good year?

Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^Now you just need a Vintage badge to top off your year.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,957 Likes on 1,749 Posts

^ Yep! Post in the New Members thread and we'll set you up with one.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overall this has been a good year for us:

Celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary

Got a promotion to VP

Family is all safe and healthy

Traded in the S for something a little larger. Still enjoy driving the new car but it is taking some time to get used to it. Not quite as responsive as the S in the twisties.

Oldest daughter and son-in-law have had their life settle down. They moved back to Houston. Good to have the whole family back in Texas.

Old 12-27-2005, 01:32 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

We survived Katrina......nuff said.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:11 PM

First off, any year that my children and grandchildren are all happy and healthy is a good year for me. That also applies to my father and my mother-in law (both 82)
Some ++++. Went to AMA motorcycle races in WI, OH, AL, VA and the US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca, CA. Motorcycle trip to Upper Michigan and Lake Superior. Motorcycle trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Dragon and back. My 3 granddaughters spent a month with us this last July. Got back in touch with 3 old friends with whom we had lost contact. Promoted my son and celebrated his achievement of a 98% and a 96% on his written Radiology National Boards. Helping my eldest, unmarried daughter(37) who is in the process of adopting a child. Made more money on investments this year than in any year +1 and I ever worked, prior to retiring 9 years ago. Found and bought a rare Bimota.

Some - - - -. Crashed the S in late July. $12k in skin damage. Nobody got hurt fortunately. Out for over 2 months and had to cancel out on FC05. Had a motorcycle crash in CA in early Oct, got myself beat up pretty good, and have gained 12 pounds for lack of being able to exercise/mobility. The tax man is going bite my ass for the unearned income.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:14 PM

Been a hell of a year, with a few ups and lots of downs. One huge positive was going to the July Ohio Buckeye run. That was majorly good therapy for me.

I'm still alive, still kicking, still fighting... the cup is half full
Old 12-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 812 Likes on 487 Posts

Yep its been quite a year. +1 and I had a wonderful restful week at the beach together alone for the first time EVER. Wow, it was grand. My grandmother died in the spring , but she was 94 yrs old and had been totally healthy and even overcame esophogeal cancer with only a 10% chance to live when she was 85 years old, so we're quite thankful she had many more wonderful healthy years than we'd thought she'd have. One of the year's highlights was our whirlwind July trip with our grandson who'd just been diagnosed with juvenile diabetes, and he got to meet our most excellent S2ki friends at the Buckeye (a highlight by itself), then we made a several state tour, landed in Myrtle Beach and spent a really fun week (with the grandson). Shortly after, our youngest moved into her first apartment and at the same time and only one week later, we were sent to beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico where we spent two months. WOW, what a wonderful place to explore. I took cooking classes, met wonderful artists, and our own Dr. Cloud. We climbed mountains, stood in snow in short sleeves and felt the sunshine on our faces at the same time, explored caves, deserts, mountaintops, beautiful art and made some great friends. While we were there, our youngest son lost everything he owned in a terrible housefire, but fortunately was not at home and his beloved dog had been saved. He's still with us, but is healing emotionally and smiles a lot once more. THEN, we came back home and had to relearn how to live in our house with another big dog and our little dustmop, BB. There was a lot to do to get our yard in shape and the house a home again, and the Holidays arrived. We had much to celebrate this year. +1 had his big medical checkup and his bloodwork was better than ever (cholesterol 111 with NO DRUGS) and mine is below 200 for the first time in years. Diet, folks, good diet!!! Our oldest son is now on his way to Iraq, but we had a great visit with him before he left. He's doing what he's chosen to do and seems content with his choices. Our youngest daughter is beautiful and as sweet as can be and is finding her way to independence. Our other daughter is being her usual vocal, outspoken, know it all self, so all is normal with the kids. We did a long search for an suv for me for winter, so for the first in my life, I'm a two-car owner and delighted that my S gets to stay off the road in bad weather. All in all, despite some bumps in the road, we have much to be happy about and we are. We've had great times, sad times, bad times, but we're very, very happy and feel we had a wonderful year. A big plus is that I have this wonderful s2ki family who behaves just like a real family with all its warts and all its beauty. We hope the next year will be even more glorious.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:53 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 812 Likes on 487 Posts

One more good thing about 2005. I you guys!!!!:

Old 12-31-2005, 09:05 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,957 Likes on 1,749 Posts

Thanks, Val...we you, too!!
Old 01-01-2006, 07:38 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

2005 was not the greatest year. After 5 days in the hospital, a heart surgeon was poised with the knife to do major open-heart surgery on the wife, until saved by a cardiologist whose suggested blood thinning pill saved the day. My Mom had, and whipped, breast cancer. Tsunamis, hurricanes, fires and floods- I'm ready for a new year.
I hope it's a good one for all the Vintage family.

Quick Reply: 2005 Recap. Was it a good year?